PDA

View Full Version : yet another post on shoes!

kgoulash
05-17-2007, 02:10 PM
i've read the croc posts and seen some shoe talk before but i'm still confused
i would like a shoe that is comfy and is okay to walk in once wet,
yet the crocs (from what i've read on these posts) tend to make your foot sweat, making socks neccesary which wouldn't feel very good wet
so are there any other suggestions to comfy, non flip flop, shoes that can survive kali river rapids and still make walking enjoyable?

Funcruiser56
05-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Have you looked at the new Croc's that have come out? Patra's and Cleo's. Instead of a flip flop they are a strappy sandle for those of us who can't wear the flip style between the toes.
I have the Cleo's and they are very comfortable, not sweaty at all. These would dry off quickly or you could even wipe them down with a paper towel.

Birkenstock also has a water sandle but I am not sure how comfortable they are.
My husband wears Keens and loves them, he has worn them while we hiked some water falls in Jamacia, golfing, to WDW. He says they are very comfortable and he never complains about sore feet. They are a bit on the expensive side, around $100, but I have also seen some Airwalk ones at Payless for way less.

Bev

wire0monkey
05-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Nike and Teva both a water sandal that has straps on the back and nothing between the toes.

I've had friends who hike in their Tevas.

Try searching on "sport sandals" and see what you find.

Mikey Piano 23
05-17-2007, 04:01 PM
When I know I am doing some 'wet rides' such as the rapids I wear flip flops. Not only do they dry quickly you can take them off when you sit down and have lunch and leave them out in the sun.

The only sandals I wear are Birkenstocks. (Yes they are expensive!) Although they do not dry that quickly they are fine if the footbed is slightly wet from the Rapids. If you buy the one with the Birko-Flor synthetic upper and the corkboard foot bed. Hope this helps! :mickey:

EvilQueen2006
05-17-2007, 04:36 PM
I love my Teva's, they are comfy for walking and dry quickly. Make sure you break them in sufficiently before your trip, they can cause blisters at first. They aren't quite as pricey as Birkenstock's or Keens. I paid $40 for mine. I've been wearing them for 4 years and they show no signs of wearing out soon.

JohnnyJayhawk
05-17-2007, 05:27 PM
I've logged a lot of miles at the parks, and without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn have been my Keens. Yes they cost a bit, but they are well worth it. You can get the closed toe or open toe versions, both are great.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-17-2007, 08:21 PM
I've found my Teva's work great. They aren't the most fashionable looking, but they dry quickly.

Nekochan
05-18-2007, 08:14 AM
I just bought some sport sandals from Land's end for around $40. They're half sneaker half sandal and EXTREMELY comfortable.

jefmblrd
05-18-2007, 08:26 AM
I've logged a lot of miles at the parks, and without a doubt the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn have been my Keens. Yes they cost a bit, but they are well worth it. You can get the closed toe or open toe versions, both are great.

I couldn't agree more about Keens; like the above poster, they are simply the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. You can check them out online--tons of different styles. They are a bit more expensive than some other brands, but the value is there. I've been wearing them for years and have about six pairs; it's all I wear now.

kgoulash
05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
thanks!
i will start checking out all the suggestions!

magicofdisney
05-19-2007, 01:56 PM
I have these Birkies in pink and white and they are my absolute favorite shoe to have at the parks. When the weather is cooler, I wear my white ones with socks and it doesn't look too crazy.

Birkies (http://www.qvc.com/scripts/reference.pl?ref=L04&item=A19700)

BriarRose0708
05-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I love my Cleo Crocs. All the comfy benefits of a Croc, and the fashion sensibility of a strappy sandal. And they come in a few cute color combinations.

kgoulash
05-19-2007, 09:24 PM
thanks again
i think i'm going to try out the keens. my hubby is a long time birkenstock guy but i just can't get past their looks (i'm a shoe snob i guess)
:mickey:

kgoulash
05-24-2007, 11:39 AM
went with teva waterproof sneaker type shoe
thanks to all for advice
:thumbsup:

moe513
05-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Used my Birkensocks last Aug. and had no problem

Kate In Wonderland
05-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I live for my crocs! I'm a nurse and I'm on my feet all day every day - no sneaker has come close to meeting the challenge of that! Crocs are the only thing that work for me. And my feet tend to hurt easily (I've sprained both ankles numerous times, and my feet have sort of a weird shape), so it's not easy to find shoes that are comfy.

I also just got back from WDW, and I wore one of my pairs of crocs for the first few days. Then while I was there I got a pair of Mickey crocs (instead of the holes, they are Mickey heads). I literally cut the tags off, put them on my feet and spent the next 6 hours walking around the MK. My feet didn't hurt at all even though I was walking in brand new shoes.

When they got wet, they dried pretty fast and because of the holes, the sweat isn't really a problem (it's sort of like a little "breeze" for your feet!). And there's no need to wear socks with them either.

Also, just a warning...I once tried the knock-offs to save some money, and my feet were killing me after about 2 hours. I know other people that don't have a problem with the knock-offs, but just in case, if you're going to go with the crocs, I'd say go with the real deal. And just know that if you decide to get the Mickey crocs at WDW, they are a little more expensive than the normal ones (about $10 more). And even though they are Mickey, they are still the real crocs - not knockoffs, so that's a good thing too!

Good luck with whatever shoes you decide to go with!

sleepingbooty
05-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Here's another vote for Teva's. And I'd recommend upgrading to the style that has the foamy sort of lining backing the straps - way more comfy than the "base-model" in my opinion.

TheMartellFamily
05-25-2007, 09:51 AM
I got Teva last year and it was a great investment. I looked at the keens and I liked the Teva better. When it comes to my feet at the parks I will not skimp on that so if I pay more I know that it is ok I will get my money's worth by not having sore feet.

emmingo
05-25-2007, 10:45 AM
They get wet, but they either can be dried off REALLY easily, or they dry off within a few minutes on their own. Mine got soaked on KRR, and one trip on another coaster was all it took to air them out. If you don't like the thought of having to wear open toe/back shoes, Crocs makes flips and these cute ballerina type shoes. I have never had a problem with my feet sweating, though the footbed of the Crocs do tend to get wet and slippery if its raining, though you'd probably have an extra pair of shoes for that contingency, anyway!

dolphinmickey9170
05-25-2007, 10:58 AM
I have to go with our crocs. My DH has the fussiest feet around and bought him crocs this time. He oved them. He wore them everyday. He even wore them right off the cash register. So comfy, no need for socks, not sweaty.