PDA

View Full Version : Need Puerto Vallarta Info.

maizey05
05-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Myself, DH, DS (4 months), Mom and Dad will be going to on vacation next month. None of us have been to PV, or Mexico for that matter. We're staying at the villas at Canto Del Sol. If you have stayed at this resort, tell me about it. Any pointers, or tips, must-sees etc., let me have em'. :sombrero:

maizey05
05-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Hasn't anyone out there been to Puerto Vallarta??? Like I said, I'm clueless. Help!

disneykaitie26
05-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I've been to Puerto Vallarta twice. I've stayed at Paradise Village and I don't remember the name of the other one because I was so young. I have never heard of the place that you are going too. There's not much to do in Puerto Vallarta besides shopping, staying at your hotel will give you more fun than going out in the city.

maizey05
05-29-2007, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the bit of info. We're going w/ my parents and DS(4 months), so it's going to be a relaxing type of vacation anyway. We're just looking for a change of scenery and pace.

Pongo
05-29-2007, 08:42 AM
We were only in town for a day as part of a cruise but we had a great time. Here are a few suggestions if you can get someone to watch your child. My husband arranged to go snorkeling with Chico's Dive Shop. It was just him the boat driver and a guide and he had a great time.

My son and I did the canopy tour where you are in a harness and you glide down the zip lines. It was a lot of fun and the scenery was beautiful. The first run is scary, but after that it's just fun. There are a few companies in PV that run these tours.

roryboy
05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
PV is a great little town. The town has all kinds of little streets and alleys with shops and restaurants on them.

We went there last October for our honeymoon. I remember seeing your hotel, but we didn't go in at all, we were staying at Casa Isabel up in the hills.

Check out the Board Walk at night, there are all kinds of buskers and things going on down there.

A great restaurant, while not Mexican, is Bruce's Back Alley Bistro, the owner/chef is hilarious. Let him know that Rory the Crazy Canadian sent you, not sure if he will remember us or not. It is located at 225 Fco. I Madero St. Col. E. Zapata. It is in Zona Romantica.

The Canopy Tours are awesome. We had so much fun doing that.

Rory

If you have any specific questions just ask =)