PDA

View Full Version : A little pixie dust for our move...

Dsnygirl
05-17-2007, 05:05 AM
:hi: Hi everybody!! I haven't been around very much, as we're in the middle of getting ready to move and all the craziness that goes along with that. And I've missed it here TERRIBLY the last few days... just doesn't feel right at the end of the day if I haven't had a chance to check in!!

Anyway - this wknd is it - the final move. Yeah! :dance: We've been slowly moving boxes and household stuff in over the last two weeks, and all we've got left is the big stuff, like furniture, beds, a few boxes. It's been great being able to go slowly (the house we're going into is only 30 min. away) and we've been really excited - but now that it's almost over, I guess I'm a little nervous & apprehensive, too. I'm hoping we like where we'll be as much as we've been envisioning that we will (it's a temporary stop for us for a year while we decide if we want to build or buy again in the town we're moving to) and I'm hoping that the transition will go smoothly for my DD's. (They're 5 & 8 and VERY excited... I just hope it lasts once we say goodbye to our current house.) It's the only house they've known or can remember, and it has so many special memories... and while I know this move is absolutely the best thing we could have done, and I'm thrilled, I'm feeling just a wee bit sad, too. :(

So - if you all could spare a little pixie dust to throw our way, for good weather and not to many furniture mishaps (6 guys, a dog, a cat, 2 excited little girls and lots of pizza and beer... hmmm....:D ) that'd be great. Hopefully, my DH will have the computer up and running quickly and I can come back on and say thanks!! :thanks:

alpro2
05-17-2007, 05:47 AM
No wonder it has been a little quiet around here. ;)

Good luck Blythe. Everything will go smoothly. Much happiness in your new home. :thumbsup:

merlinmagic4
05-17-2007, 06:28 AM
Here's some :pixie: for a very smooth transition! Good luck in your new house!!

pogo
05-17-2007, 07:08 AM
:hi: Neighbor...... the weather report sounds good for moving this weekend. Very slim chance of showers:rain: late on Saturday and it will be nice and cool. At least it isn't :snowball:

Hhmmm ...... pizza.... and ..... :beer: ..... I should have offered to help:oops: ...... but we are having a few people over on Saturday for a cookout.:eat:

Good luck on the move and here is a little :pixie: for luck. :D

RedSoxFan
05-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Blythe: Best wishes and lots of pixie dust for your big move this weekend. I understand the craziness. I've been packing all week. We move into our dream house next weekend. We've been in a rental condo for the past 9 months. We're moving the boxes and the moving company is moving the furniture.

MissStyles
05-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Goodluck!!! I know you've been waiting ever so patiently for this day to arrive.....and now that it's finally here I understand why you're a little nervous and sad.......but just think how much happier and relaxed you will be once you're in your temporary place. I wish you all luck this weekend!!! I'm glad your girls are excited - they should be! :)

DVC2004
05-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Best wishes and plenty of pixie dust on the way!

CanadianWDWFan
05-17-2007, 08:07 AM
:pixie: for your move Blythe!

You should of asked us to help, we are only 5 hours away! Oh, but we would have had to have stopped by Pogo's cookout and that would have thrown our timing way off. So I guess you could blame Pogo for us not being there to help out!:D

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and that nothing getts dmaadged in the move! :fingers:

DizNee143
05-17-2007, 08:24 AM
goodluck moving this weekend!! im sure it will all go ok!! whenever you get the computer hooked back up..let us know how it all went!! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Happy moving Blythe! I know this has been a long time coming. Best wishes for you and your family in your new home! :pixie:

bucky at disney
05-17-2007, 09:01 AM
:pixie: :pixie: for all of you. Good luck with everything! Hoping the weather is good for you.

minnie-mouse
05-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Good luck with the move. I am sure you will all be very happy in your new home!

scottgr
05-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Good Luck....:pixie:

conorsmom2000
05-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Blythe, lots of pixie dust for a smooth transition and move for your family!! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: I hope you guys will find much happiness in your new home!! Let us know how it's going when you're back online!! :mickey:

Womble
05-17-2007, 12:34 PM
The only time my current wife and me ever had serious arguments, was when we were moving houses! It was such a stress full time; we have decided we are never going to move again!

Good Luck and Pixie Dust for your move.

pogo
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
:pixie: for your move Blythe!

You should of asked us to help, we are only 5 hours away! Oh, but we would have had to have stopped by Pogo's cookout and that would have thrown our timing way off. So I guess you could blame Pogo for us not being there to help out!:D
OK......... so if you are only 5 hours from helping Blythe, that means you are only 3 and 1/2 hours from Rochester. :yes:

Does this mean you are coming to the cookout ?:confused:

If you can get Cousin moving by 8:00 AM you can be here to enjoy the liquid refreshments first. (You can drink them... she can wear them !;) )

We are cooking grilled buffalo style wings at 2:00. More drinks. :thumbsup: Then it's rotisserie chicken,grilled veggies, sweet corn, grilled pineapple and potatoe salad at around 5:00 PM.

We'd love to have you guys here. I'll even make you a Lapu lapu ! :papple: We miss you ! :D

ElenitaB
05-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Blythe, best of luck with the move! Here's some no-clean-up-needed :pixie:

Hope everyone settles in quickly and has lots of happiness in your new place!

hoop de do
05-17-2007, 07:40 PM
:tink: :pixie: For you on your move. Let us know how it went. :thumbsup: