PDA

View Full Version : Little Red and Big Red no more?

cinderellagrl
05-17-2007, 12:53 AM
I just read in a recent trip report that Little Red and Big Red are no longer part of the Kilimanjaro Safari Speil! Can anyone confirm?

thanks!

mrsgaribaldi
05-17-2007, 12:54 AM
They were still in it last week. I don't know about this week though.

DMApixie
05-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Just got back today. They were still there on Sunday!!

SpecJoe Magic
05-17-2007, 03:12 AM
It has been confirmed that a new storyline will debut on June 1. Big Red and Little Red may or may not survive the changes, but they are currently still a part of the attraction.

DizneyRox
05-17-2007, 03:28 AM
I thought I read that some of the trucks were already demoing the new spiel. This could explain why someone didn't get the Big Red, Little Red story. Since the poacher animatronics haven't worked in years (shame on Disney) I would seem easy enough to just change the story and no one would be any wiser.

PhilHarHarMagic
05-17-2007, 07:15 AM
This has probably been covered a million times, but didn't they start out with real people at the truck with Little Red in it?

Maybe it was a dream. I need to find that video tape, I suppose.

SteveL
05-17-2007, 08:08 AM
There used to be a live CM standing with a rifle at the truck that has Little Red in it.

Carol
05-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Yes it is changing.

This is being discussed in the News forum. It's in the Tidbits thread stickied at the top of that forum page.

darthmacho
05-17-2007, 09:23 AM
So, what you're saying is, that Little Red is not okay? :cry:

magicman
05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
:archer: :elephant:
;)

Personally, I'll be glad to see it redone.

Figment!
05-17-2007, 12:47 PM
I just read in a recent trip report that Little Red and Big Red are no longer part of the Kilimanjaro Safari Speil! Can anyone confirm?The new ride audio (which is currently running on some vehicles) has reportedly dropped the names of the two elephants, but the storyline still involves a mother elephant and her baby.

tinicummom
05-17-2007, 02:34 PM
I was there on Monday and we had no audio. Our guide said that Wilson was on vacation. She referred to Big Red and Little Red and the poachers though. We still saw the poachers' campsite and Little Red was still in the truck at the end.

Polynesian Dweller
05-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Personally, I think the attraction might actually be improved without the poacher story or any story. The animals are enough of an attraction and I don't notice the kids paying much attention to the audio. Too busy looking at the real elephants and lions etc.

StitchplusTink=STINK
05-17-2007, 05:47 PM
It has been confirmed that a new storyline will debut on June 1. Big Red and Little Red may or may not survive the changes, but they are currently still a part of the attraction.

That is so tragic!!!! no more reds???!!!!???? i sure hope they survive.:drama:

Wolf
05-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Thats terrible! I hope they realize how awful it will be if they take out the anti-poaching lessons. Everytime we have gone on it I always tear up about the terrible facts of poaching, and I still worry about poor Little Red. I will really miss it if they redo this ride, I really would not like it as "just a zoo". :(

BronxTigger
05-17-2007, 11:15 PM
There used to be a live CM standing with a rifle at the truck that has Little Red in it.

Wow....of all the jobs a person could have at Disney....

jsw123
05-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Personally, I think the attraction might actually be improved without the poacher story or any story. The animals are enough of an attraction and I don't notice the kids paying much attention to the audio. Too busy looking at the real elephants and lions etc.

I was always distracted by the story, too! It almost trivializes it. The attraction is all about the animals. Hopefully the message will be incorporated in a more natural manner. Even a message at then end---might be more noticed than trying to do it while the safari experience is going on.

Polynesian Dweller
05-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Thats terrible! I hope they realize how awful it will be if they take out the anti-poaching lessons. Everytime we have gone on it I always tear up about the terrible facts of poaching, and I still worry about poor Little Red. I will really miss it if they redo this ride, I really would not like it as "just a zoo". :(

Good point about the message.:thumbsup: The message should remain but perhaps without the storyline. I don't think the storyline is being paid much attention.