PDA

View Full Version : Getting to and fro

sgagnard
05-16-2007, 09:55 PM
As our trip gets closer, I have a few questions about how to get to the different restaurants from the places we places we plan on being prior to the reservation. For instance:

Senario #1 - Say we are at a park and our reservation is at Downtown Disney. Do we have to take a bus back to our resort (ASMu) and then catch a bus to Downtown Disney? I heard the buses do not run to/from the parks to Downtown Disney.

Senario #2 - Say we are at our resort (ASMu) and we have a reservation at a restaurant that is at another resort like Whispering Cayon, California Grill or Ohanas. Do we have to take the bus to a park and then take a bus to the respective resort? I assume that if we happen to already be at a park, they all have buses (momorail for CR) to the resorts.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

mook3y
05-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Senario #1 - Say we are at a park and our reservation is at Downtown Disney. Do we have to take a bus back to our resort (ASMu) and then catch a bus to Downtown Disney? I heard the buses do not run to/from the parks to Downtown Disney.

Senario #2 - Say we are at our resort (ASMu) and we have a reservation at a restaurant that is at another resort like Whispering Cayon, California Grill or Ohanas. Do we have to take the bus to a park and then take a bus to the respective resort? I assume that if we happen to already be at a park, they all have buses (momorail for CR) to the resorts.

Thanks for the help.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Trying to recall about busses to DTD from parks I really don't remember, someone will be along shortly to answer that question.

Now Scenario 2. I have too much experience here. :D When travelling from one resort to another it can take quite a while.

Worst case we have encountered. Took bus from POR to DTD. Bus from DTD to Yacht Club. Maybe our timing was horrible, but it took us 1:45 minutes.... with 3 toddlers... we were frazzled by the time we arrived 45 minutes late for our reservations. They did seat us.

We went from POFQ to Ohana's. Bus to MK, monorail to Poly. Took about 40 minutes.

We hired in room babysitting for a night out at Narcoossee's. To maximize our time out, we took a cab from POFQ to GF. Took 10 minutes. Cost with tip was around $16/$18. Extra time to ourselves at WDW... priceless. :D

Just allow enough time and try and plan ahead. Like if you know you are eating at Ohana or Whispering Canyon, If you are already at MK, it wont take you long to get from the front gate to the restaurant.

wendy*darling
05-16-2007, 10:48 PM
You don't have to go back to your own resort, but any resort. If you are at any park but the AK, this will be pretty easy. At MK you have the monorail to quickly get to a resort (or walk right over to the Contemporary). At Epcot, you can head out the International Gateway to the Beach Club or Boardwalk and catch a bus there. And at MGM, you can walk or boat over to the Boardwalk or the Swan/Dolphin for a bus.

Senario #2 - Say we are at our resort (ASMu) and we have a reservation at a restaurant that is at another resort like Whispering Canyon, California Grill or Ohanas. Do we have to take the bus to a park and then take a bus to the respective resort? I assume that if we happen to already be at a park, they all have buses (momorail for CR) to the resorts.
For your 3 examples- just take a bus to the MK. From there you can get the monorail to 'Ohana or Cali Grill, or a boat to the WL for Whispering Canyon. There's even a boat to get to the Poly if you prefer.

It seems a bit complicated, but it's really not too difficult to get around.
We try to plan our days so that we are in the right place for evening dinner plans. It makes life easier all around. :mickey: