PDA

View Full Version : Campfire program at Fort Wilderness

BRJARE3
05-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi. We will be staying at POP in Nov. Can we go to Fort Wilderness for the nightly campfire? Has anyone ever gone there to participate? Will it be ok for a 5 year old, 2 1/2 year old, and a 1 year old? I am trying to find things to do at night that is different that just going to DTD, since we will be doing that as soon as we arrive. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

wendy*darling
05-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Sure, any Disney guest can attend the campfire program. And it's a great place to spend an evening with little ones.
Campfire, Chip & Dale, smores and a movie!
And if you check the Camping Forum here on Intercot in November, the top thread will be the movie schedule for that month.

ibrowse17
05-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Your kids will really enjoy it, so give it a shot. Also, take some time and walk along the beach and explore at Ft. Wilderness. Most people don't know it is there, or what they are missing:thumbsup:

TIGGER17179
05-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Yep- your kids will love it. :thumbsup:

cinderellagrl
05-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Fun fun fun... A couple of years ago my family stayed in one of the Fort Wilderness Cabins, and attended the camp fire a couple of nights that week! We had so much fun. Yummy smores, funny pre-movie entertainment, and a Disney Movie! It is a great way to change up your vacation a little, get away from it all, and spend some time relaxing and watching a moview, while not feeling like you are wasting time while on vacation! I am sure your kids will have a blast!

TheRustyScupper
05-19-2007, 06:45 PM
1) We like to make it a nice, relaxing, quiet evening.
2) We do this as a First Night event to relax from the trip.
3) Or, we break up a busy week.
4) We
. . . bus to MK
. . . great boat ride to Fort Wilderness
. . . go to dinner at Trail's End Buffet
. . . bus to Campfire
. . . roast marshmallows
. . . get Chip-n-Dale photo and autograph
. . . join in the sing-along *
. . . watch the outdoors Disney movie
. . . leisurely take the bus back to the resort

* You can tell when we are there. My voice has frequently scared birds and wild animals. At times, you can see the mass exodus of animals from FW - like a wildfire was chasing them. Can you say "nails on a blackboard" or "scalded cat"?

BRJARE3
05-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Thank you so much for all the great information. This sounds like so much fun. We are planning on going our first night, since we will be on the road for 2 days prior. I think we will all need to relax before hitting the parks! Thanks.

kathymk616
05-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Many people don't know this, but in 1974, FW had the "Trail's End Saloon", with no one under 18 admitted. My parents would drop off my brother and me, ages 6 and 2, to spend the evening alone eating marshmallows for dinner while the two of them got liquored up at the saloon. True story. Things were different back then.

(OK, I'm kidding.:D )