PDA

View Full Version : The tale of a bride who's getting married in ONE WEEK!

poeticeclipse
05-16-2007, 06:17 PM
I just have to get stuff off my chest about my upcoming wedding! May 25th is the big day! The biggest day actually.

If you want info on Matt and myself just go over to read my pre-trip report under "Trip Reports." I'm super excited to get this done and overwith. We got engaged 2 years ago and have planned the wedding before (originally schedule for last October) but had to push it back because of financial reasons. Now that our ducks are in order... it's time to walk down the aisle in the big white dress and dance the night away.

As excited as I am to be a married woman, i'm finding more stress on my shoulders each and every day. We didn't hire a wedding coordinator (I SO wanted to) because we just figured we couldn't afford it. So, i've planned this entire wedding on my own. What a task it has been! My face has never broken out so much in my life. haha. Last week I found myself crying in the car to my fiance about how stressed out I am and how "no one wants to help." Sure, I may have been overreacting and PMSing but a girl could have still used a girlfriend to talk to.

My bridal party is really my biggest stressor. I wish I would have kept it to two people. Now I have 4 bridesmaids and 2 junior bridesmaids. I can't help but want to please all of them in every way. Even though some have been real pains in my neck, my two sisters in law have been the most supportive and understanding people in the world. They understand everything I feel and say and THAT is such a comfort when my fiance looks for the answer to everything (a guy thing i'm gathering). I just want all of my girls to feel gleeful and happy. I want them to enjoy themselves as well as help me get through a day filled with so many emotions.

The only thing that I haven't been stressed about yet that probably will do me in on the day of the wedding is the fact that my dad won't be there. He passed away from liver cancer when I was six. My two brothers (33 and 38) are walking me down the aisle. Those two are going to be a big mess. They both got choked up when I asked them to walk me down the aisle. Lord knows they won't be able to make it to the alter without drowning my dress in a puddle of tears. hehe. I love them to death and I wouldn't have it any other way. I just hope that I can keep my emotions under control on the day of the wedding and not cry about my dad too much. I'm trying to block the pain of him not being there. It's harder than I thought.

I'll keep everyone updated everyday on all the new things going on. I really love INTERCOT and I love everyone on here. You all really know how to make a person feel happy in a time of need.

Lots of prayers and pixie dust my way please!!

p.s. We can't wait for our DISNEYMOON! AHHHHHH! :D :D

mrsgaribaldi
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Congratulations:thumbsup:
I bet it's going to be wonderful. Sorry about your Dad but I'm sure he will be standing next to you in spirit.
I can't wait to read about your Disneymoon. I hope you have a magical time:pixie: :pixie:

crazypoohbear
05-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Everything will be fine. All that really matters is you are marrying the man you love.
And I believe that your father will be there with you. Congratulations.

daparish
05-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Everything will be fine. I had 8 bridesmaids (my mom did not want to leave anyone out). You can barely see me and my husband in the wedding photo because of the huge wedding party. If I had to do it again I would have had my best friend and two sisters and that's it. My dad passed away when I was 15 and my mom cried the entire wedding because he was not there. My oldest brother gave me away and my other two brothers were groomsmen. My middle brother danced with me while my third brother danced with my mom.

MsMin
05-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Sending :pixie: for a wonderful wedding. I do believe your father will be there in spirit and is very proud of you.
Remember it's your day so enjoy it as much as you can and have a wonderful honeymoon :pixie: :bride:

Fairy Grandmother
05-17-2007, 03:07 AM
The week before a wedding is always stresssful and tiring. You know your dad will be there with you. I am sure he is looking forward to his little girl's big day and wants her to be happy.
Lots of :wishes: & :pixie: sent your way! Have a wonderful wedding!

Dsnygirl
05-17-2007, 04:17 AM
:) Sending LOADS of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: your way for the best wedding day ever... I hope it all goes so well for you! Don't worry so much about your bridal party - I had 6 girls, too, and they just had so much fun helping me out and enjoying the party... I bet everyone will have a terrific time - after all, it's a party, right? Just focus on you and your fiance and your special day -- and as hard as I'm sure it will be to be without your dad, thank your lucky stars you have two special brothers to be there... pretending you don't miss your dad will just make it harder.

Good luck to you - can't wait to hear all about it!! :hug:

January-2007
05-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Lots of :pixie: being sent your way from a recent bride. I can't really imagine how hard this is for you, we had such a tiny wedding.. I do feel for you missing your dad though, DH's dad died when he was around 11, and he missed him on our big day. I hope everything is perfect and happy and :congrats: on all these wonderful events in your life. The honeymoon will be a welcome vacation after all this, I'm sure!

BrerSchultzy
05-17-2007, 11:51 AM
You'll be great. Reading all your posts about this lucky guy, I can tell you'll be fine. My DW and I moved our wedding UP, because we just didn't want to wait any more, and we thought it would cut down on the planning. :blush: Ooops.

It was chaos, and I saw a side of my wife I had never seen before (and it took a few weeks to calm down). I'm sure she says the same of me. But that was all the reception. As for the service itself...wow...I have never seen anyone so beautiful, and I have never seen 300 people cry in unison before. Erin lost her father six years ago, and every time she looked over at the memorial bouquet for him, she cried. Then I'd cry. Then everyone would cry (even our pastor). But for EVERY SINGLE THING that went wrong that day (and I could spend hours listing them), I don't really remember them when I think of our wedding. Because my DW and I adore each other...just like you and your fiance seem to. Just remember, if you focus on what goes right, you'll have happy memories. If you laugh at what goes wrong, you'll have happy memories. And remember...you're going to WDW the next day. :mickey:

Have fun, and congrats!

offwego
05-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry your so stressed. Best of luck to you and your soon to be DH on your special day. I hope you really do have fun. It will all work out in the end (even when it doesn't I'm sure you and your then DH will be able to laugh it off together.)

May your years together be filled with fun and happy times.

bibbidiboo3
05-17-2007, 01:43 PM
You can't worry about pleasing everyone - it's your day and you need to remember that. I tried to please my dh's family at my wedding and it all went wacky.
Try to relax, you've planned for a wonderful day and you'll enjoy it. You won't get to talk with everyone and it will be a whirlwind of a day, so make sure they take lots of pics of you and your soon-to-be-dh (video, too) - because those memories are precious!:dance:
Plus, you have a disney vacation to look forward to!!:mickey:

Good luck and congratulations!!!!

ElenitaB
05-18-2007, 09:45 AM
I also lost my dad and missed him terribly on my wedding day (I ended up getting married at City Hall so I didn't have the stress of planning a wedding party). But it comforts me to know that he's always in my heart. Your post has made me shed a few tears, but Steve's (BrerSchultzy) post says it all! In light of his eloquence, all that's left for me to say is:

Congratulations on your wedding!
Enjoy your Disneymoon!
Here's wishing you and your new husband a lifetime of happiness, success and health!

disneydrmr
05-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Wow Steve, you brought tears to my eyes with your post.

I add my best wishes to you and your husband to be! As others have said.. do not try to hide your emotions.. it will just make the day harder. Your dad is with you still and I hope you will be able to feel his happiness that day. May all your wedding dreams come true and hope you have a safe and magical 'Disneymoon"!

pianobabe
05-21-2007, 02:09 AM
Stacey,
Have a wonderful wedding!!! It is okay to cry. There is not a single thing wrong with that. It is a wonderful day for you and I know you want all those special people who have played a role in your life to be there with you. I do believe your dad will be there in spirit. Don't worry about trying to please everyone, it's not their wedding, it's YOURS!!!! Just enjoy it. Have fun on your Disneymoon. The wedding is only one day, the marriage is forever.

Rhonda

poeticeclipse
05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
You guys are seriously so great here. I appreciate all of you so much. If I could, i'd invite you all to my wedding. We'd have a blast!!:thumbsup:

So, the wedding is this FRIDAY! eeeekk!! I mean.... whoooo hoooo!:confused:
I'm nervous, excited, happy, scared, joyful, and a bit ill in the head. haha.

We talked to our DJ today about what to play and what not to play and the timeline. I had to make sure that the games didn't get out of hand and obscene because Matt's family wouldn't go for that. Now, my family on the other hand, it would take a lot of us to get embarrassed. We also took all of our things up to the reception vendor and they're going to set everything up from the centerpieces, to the candy buffet, to the gift table. They have everything ready and set. I trust them since they're the leading place in wedding receptions here in my small city.

On Sunday I went for my final hair trial. Sadly, it didn't turn out as great as the first trial did. So, hopefully on the wedding day the hair Gods will be with us and i'll look stunning. Ya know something... stunning is a word that I'd love to be called on my wedding day. What bride doesn't want to be told that they are "the most beautiful, gorgeous, elegant, bride they've ever seen?" I'm in the category of "the bride who loves compliments..." haha. Yes, I can admit that. :blush: :secret:

I had a dress emergency this weekend. My mother and I went one hour and 10 minutes to get my dress from the bridal store. I tried it on, it fit great, I looked wonderful (if I do say so myself), and then the seamstress said "great! we'll have it pressed and ready for you to pick up on Thursday." I quickly turned and said "uh, no, the wedding is Friday and we live over an hour away....everyone works and we can't pick it up." She replied with "It MUST be pressed, I simply cannot see it leave this place without it being pressed professionally." So, in my kindest voice I called my fiance's mom and explained the situation and asked if she could take a half day off work on Wednesday and come pick up the dress. She grunted an "oh, I guess." My mom and I went out to the car, ready to leave, and I stopped and just thought about my future mother in law being upset with me about having to pick up my dress AND on top of that, not having my dress 6 days before the wedding. It made me very uneasy to think that the wedding was 6 days away and my dress would be over an hour away. We went back inside, got the dress and said "we're going to have someone press it in town." Now, Monday, we have the dress into a dry cleaners in town and they are pressing it and having it ready by Tuesday afternoon!!! :D See, some things do work out after all.

It's time for bed for me. I just figured that I would give all of you an update on how things are going. I'm going to finish my :beer: and get some ZZZZZ's. I'm not a drinker at all but my fiance said that one beer might help (he doesn't drink, what does he know!?!?) so he stole a beer from his brother and gave it to me. Let me just say that i'm ready to go to bed... haha..

Thanks again for all of your support!! I love you guys!!!!!!:mickey:

TikiGoddess
05-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Best of luck with the final preparations for your big day!! And if nerves get a hold on you, just picture you and your guy sipping tropical drinks next to the pool... having dinner at your favorite WDW restaurant... watching the fireworks...

Works for me on a daily basis. :)
TikiG

Momof2boys
05-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm wishing things will turn out perfectly for your wedding. Stress is bound to rear it's ugly head during any important life event . . . just take a deep breath & move on. It'll be worth it.

murphy1
05-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Try just to stay relaxed, as much as you can, I know it is hard, this is one of the most joyous but stressful times in your life. Just keep thinking about the Disneymoon, how fun!! We will be down there at the same time, I'll wave to you from the monorail! Hey, if we see you, I take pics of the brides and grooms when we see them. You guys have to go and have a Lapu Lapu at Poly while there too.

Shari

January-2007
05-22-2007, 03:24 PM
You're so close to the big day! Lots more :pixie: on its way! I'm glad you went back into the shop and just took your dress, sounds like that would have been just one more thing to stress out over. Have a fantastic day!

merlinmagic4
05-22-2007, 03:52 PM
You must be getting even more excited! I hope you have a wonderful day and an excellent Disneymoon :cloud9: Can't wait to read your trip report!

Dsnygirl
05-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Sending some extra :bride: :pixie: :pixie: your way - I'm sure your day will be great! I like the idea of that candy buffet - what a neat idea! Good luck this wknd!!:thumbsup:

Riri529
05-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Stacey,
Sending you best wishes and lots of pixie dust for your big day. :pixie: Don't sweat the details--everything will be wonderful. What could be more important than starting your life with the man you love?! Just remind yourself of that and it should keep everything else in perspective. Sorry that your Dad can't be there to walk you down the aisle, but I'm sure he is always with you. People we love always live in our hearts! Enjoy your day!!

poeticeclipse
05-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks so much guys for all of the support! I figured I'd stop in since I only have 3 days to go! I'll give you a run down on everything thus far.

On Monday, we took care of two vendors. Our DJ meeting went really well and i'm pleased with the company that we chose. They're very accomodating and are genuine in how much they care about your special day. We have to make sure that there is no rap (per myself) and no group dances (chicken dance, electric slide, etc. Also, they are used to doing a lot of games that embarrass a lot of the guests. So, with Matt's family being pretty conservative people, we opted out of that. But, we did decide to do a hool-a-hoop game that should be very fun and not scare anyone away.

After that, we went to drop off everything (centerpieces, candy buffet stuff, etc.) to the reception venue. They are so great and the head woman is fantastic. She thought of great ideas for the candy buffet set up. I have no doubt that we'll have zero problems with them.

Today, we meet with the photographer, tomorrow morning I check out our flowers and give my "okay" on them. Oh! And my dress turned out great ... only 25 bucks to have it pressed! :thumbsup:

I'll talk to you folks tomorrow.... it will be my last day single. haha. Thanks for all the prayers and pixie dust. I'm going to just keep focused on "disney, disney disney..." :D

pianobabe
05-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Try to find some time over the next couple of days to be by yourself. Maybe take a nice long bath, read and just relax. Do some deep breathing exercises. What I try to do is picture myself walking down the beach and hearing the waves crash on the shore. I picture a few kids laughing as they are flying a kite and building sandcastles. I try to feel the water cascading over my toes as I walk along and feel the sand under my feet. I hope it works. Just remember the wedding is only one day, but the marriage is forever. Have fun!!!

BrerSchultzy
05-23-2007, 03:40 PM
By the way...my DW and I had a candy buffet at our wedding too! It was a HUGE hit.

If it's not too late, see if you can't get some wax lips for the table. They were by far the favorite choice of children AND adults...we even put them on for one of our wedding photos!

Have fun, and best wishes!