PDA

View Full Version : Narcoossees

mouseaddict
05-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Ok...we are planning our dining and really want to try Narcoossees. I see that they do have a kids menu, but is the restaurant really kid friendly? We will have a 9 month old and two five year olds with us. I do not want to spoil dinner for others if the kids act up or are loud.

mdricks
05-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I wouldnt take my kids there but i wouldnt be surprised to see kids there when dining. The experience is more "adult" imo. On the other hand, its a cheery fun atmosphere not as formal as cali grill for example but not as fun and boisterous as O'Hana's. My kids get bored quickly at meals and this one is a meal to be savored. If your kids a well behaved and wolnt put a cramp in a nice long sit down then i would think you would be ok.

Ill be eating at Narcoossee's in 75 hours!! :D

DVC2004
05-16-2007, 04:13 PM
It's fine. Again, not boisterous but not a quiet, intimate kind of place either. We took our kids and there were plenty of other families with children, too. Great view of the Seven Seas Lagooon and Castle. Also there is a wraparound outdoor deck so if your little one gets fussy, just pop outside for some fresh air for a few. Enjoy!:thumbsup:

Quasimodo
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Here's a suggestion:

Take the 5 year olds to the Neverland Club at the Poly (see here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/childcare.asp) for details). Then take the baby with you to dinner. Use the monorail to go between the Poly and the GF. This way you only have to deal with the baby during dinner. The 5 year olds will be fed and entertained at the Neverland Club. There is also the Mousketeer Clubhouse at the GF which offers similar services, but I don't think it has as many activities for the kids as the Neverland Club does. We took our daughter when she was 5 or 6 years old to the Neverland Club while we dined at Narcoosses, and she loved it.

Also, if you do go to Narcoossees, I highly recommend the lobster. Its mine and DW's favorite!

mouseaddict
05-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I like the idea for the Neverland club except here is our issue. We are looking for somewhere to have dinner before going to the Pirate and Princess party in Aug. We want something close to MK but not Chef Mickey's and not Ohana. We are thinkong maybe Kona. We really like the look of the menu..we will have our 17 yr old babysitter with us to help with the kids..it is just the fact that they may start to get bored and ruin the evening for others.....We may just give in and go to the Land for dinner and hop on the monorail afterwards.

crazykids
05-16-2007, 08:19 PM
You will be fine dining there. Dh & I ate there last September & there were plenty of families there w/ small children. We're going back this September w/ our 3 kids - ages 19 months, 3, & 4.

adamsfam5
05-16-2007, 11:03 PM
We went in September 2006 (free dining) and it was wonderful. We had eight in our party including our three children (13 months, 4 and 6). The kiddos had some kind of chicken strips - they loved them. They were given crayons to color the children's menu. We loved watching the light show and the fireworks at MK. We did have two separate couples comment on how well behaved our children were - they said they thought their "romantic dinner" would turn into a circus. And, the servers were very friendly to our kiddos.:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
05-17-2007, 01:59 PM
We took DS last year when he was 4 and we did fine. Granted there were not a lot of kids there, like at the character buffets where I think the kids far outnumber the adults, but still there were kids there.

We went right when the opened and it was fairly quiet. Allen, our server was great and interacted with DS wonderfully. As with most other places, you are going to get people that will interact with kids the whole time and some who wait until they bring the bill and try to get a bigger tip out of the parents by paying SOME attention to the kids.

I say go ahead and take the kids.....it IS Disney after all......where we can all be kids!

Bruegge
05-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I took my 4yo in 2003 and will take the now 8 and newer 3yo this month.

As I've said before.... Disney is one of the only places where you can eat a 3-4 star meal with your kids and not get looked at funny

Scott

mouseaddict
05-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys..I think that we have decided to go ahead and do it! I can't wait to try it!