PDA

View Full Version : How To Rent Your Point's?

Mushu11756
05-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone
My Wife and I have point's banked and will not be able to use them "new addition on the way!"
Has anyone here ever rented thier point's out and if so how did you do it? What's the best way?:confused:

We thank you for any feedback or help you may give!

Ian
05-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Well I think the true best way is to find someone you know who's going and sell them your time.

Outside of that, I guess you have to go to a real estate agent.

rsumrall
05-16-2007, 03:35 PM
There are websites that can handle this, though there is admittedly some trust involved with renting to unknown people. That's why it's best to use paypal and things of that nature. i'll PM you a link.

wendy*darling
05-16-2007, 04:08 PM
You can Google "DVC point rentals" and come up with a number of websites that allow people to rent out or request points.
Intercot is not one of them, however. :mickey:

And as has been said, there is a lot of trust involved- on both the party renting the points out and the renter. All arrangements have to be made by you- the DVC owner- you do all the calling for the reservations, DME, etc.

Good luck with renting the points- and congrats on the "new addition" coming.

KevGuy
05-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Most of the trust aspect is on the sellers side so you shoud be in good position. Get the money first, then make the arrangements as was said previously DVC will not speak with anyone other than the actual owner. Once you get the money/make the arrangements, print/photocopy the info and send it to the buyer. Make sure you use PayPal so you will be covered in the event of a rubberized check. If you need to take a check then make sure to wait until it has cleared at your bank and the fund are in your posession. Then take care of the arrangements. I see ads at Ebay for renting points all the time, you should be able to do it easily, whether someone wants them is another story. Just my $.02, goodluck!:thumbsup:

Ian
05-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Piggyback question ... how does DVC know to allow the people to check in on your points? Do make the ressie in their name?

GAN
05-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Piggyback question ... how does DVC know to allow the people to check in on your points? Do make the ressie in their name?

Yes....you make the reservation in the name of the guests checking in. They don't require it to be in the members name -although they also don't encourage the renting of points. Supposedly, it is this way so you could allow friends/family stay using your points and naturally they require the actual name and info of the people renting -I mean borrowing.

Mushu11756
05-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Thank you to everyone for your helpfull info:cool:

Jillirose
05-27-2007, 10:36 AM
We have stayed at Disney several times and I have read the pros and cons of DVC membership. We have decided that membership is not for us... But, question what would be the advantages/disadvantages of renting points from a DVC member vs. making a reservation directly with Disney. I'm wondering about cost advantages, any perks, etc. My husband and I considered it before, but were a little hesitant to put our trust in someone we don't know, for our family vacation. I wonder if anyone does this regularly or has any disaster stories about this?