PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Stays?

Disneyglamour
05-16-2007, 01:38 PM
So where is a cheap place to stay in or close to WDW that is a really nice hotel?

And how are the All-Star resorts?

CKMom
05-16-2007, 01:54 PM
well we just got back from Pop Century, and we loved it. The room was fine for 4 of us, clean,and everyone went out of their way to make us happy. Food there was good, pool was great, bus service was excellent as well.

Tygger7
05-16-2007, 02:00 PM
For the money, you can't beat the Disney All-Star resorts. The rooms are very nice, clean, and well maintained. The property and pools are neat & clean, and the atmosphere is pure Disney. Plus, you get the benefits of staying on Disney grounds (transportation, extra magic hours, etc.) for the same or less than staying offsite. Based on my experiences, and my friends' experiences, I highly recommend any of the value resorts.:mickey:

biodtl
05-16-2007, 02:11 PM
The values are a great deal. Like everyone else said - they are clean, they include the transportation, they have good pools, bars, food courts and gift shops. And the theming of them is incredible - especially (but not limited to) if you have kids.

I would take a value resort on WDW property over a 4-star off property any day.

crazypoohbear
05-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I've stayed at POP and liked it. Clean, convienent, and on property!.
Going in August and staying at the As Music.

bshaw96
05-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Have stayed at 3 value resorts. Music, Pop, and Movies. All were nice, but Pop was the absolute best. It's newer and the pool is really nice. Great atmosphere, friendly staff, totally Disney. You'll love it!!!!!

mook3y
05-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Something to consider in the "should I stay on-site or not" question is the fact that when you are on-site, Disney handles the transportation.

You don't have to pay parking each day, the amount of time spent traveling to and from the parks is minimized and you don't have to remember where you parked your car. :D

Mickey'sGirl
05-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Something to consider in the "should I stay on-site or not" question is the fact that when you are on-site, Disney handles the transportation.

You don't have to pay parking each day, the amount of time spent traveling to and from the parks is minimized and you don't have to remember where you parked your car. :D
Great point!

We have stayed at all levels of the Disney Hotels, and we were quite impressed by our stay at the All Star Sports in January....So much so that we have booked another week there in October! The convenience of staying on site is a considerable benefit. :thumbsup:

bleukarma
05-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree with everyone else, I have stayed at all levels of Disney resorts and I would pick an All Stars resort over an off-site resort any day. The Disney transortation alone makes it worth it, especially if you plan on going to Pleasure Island and having a few drinks. Nothing like not worrying about how your going to get back to your hotel! And just because it's a value resort doesn't mean it's dirty at all. If you pick a hotel in Orlando, you don't know where or what your going to get. In Disney, you at least know it will be clean and safe.

Crow
05-17-2007, 05:49 PM
i agree w staying onsite for transportation and saving on parking etc. and ME which saves me taxi or shuttle fare from airport
EMH i dont really use.
you can also ship to your resort and charge to your room staying onsite.
Pop is much better than Allstars for me. newer and more centrally located.
few trips ago i stayed at Comfort Inn LBV w a great rate, cheaper than the values. it was pretty good for the price. they do run buses from there, although not as good as they stop at other places. its about a mile from DD and there are lots of places to eat and shop around.
i will always stay onsite when i can though.