PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Beverages?

aprilisis
05-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't know if this exactly qualifies under "dining", but I was wondering what everyone's favorite beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are around the world. I love the Fiesta Margaritas in Mexico at EPCOT. I think they are my favorite. :marg: I would love to hear all of your favorites.

Seasonscraps
05-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Miss Melody Colada from POR :marg:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-16-2007, 12:43 PM
This might sound kind of lame but we don't have it in Canada, but I remember enjoying Mr. Pibb from the fountain machines where you can refill your mugs.

It tastes a lot like Dr. Pepper, if I remember correctly.

..I guess I will find out this Friday!:mickey: :D

Chris :hatter:

biodtl
05-16-2007, 12:53 PM
I love being in Epcot and trying different beers from around the world. Wines too. And I had a strong drink in japan last time that was made from sake and some other liquor that I enjoyed.

As for non-alcoholic, I love Coke Zero and didn't see it aynwhere on my last trip. So iced tea was it for me.

CanadianWDWFan
05-16-2007, 01:18 PM
I love being in Epcot and trying different beers from around the world.
:ditto: :yes: My favourite thing to do as well!

As for drinks at restaurants, Lapu Lapu :papple: :papple: is a good one!:thumbsup:

Lehman Family
05-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I always have to get a Green Python at Rainforest Cafe.

Belle_0717
05-16-2007, 01:30 PM
I just got the Fiesta Marguerita last week - AWESOME!

My DH had some Colada in Morocco - WAY MORE AWESOME! It was a pina colada with almond liquer!

The Blue Macaw at Kona is great - we also tried the Sand in Your Pants - a combo of a strawberry daiquiri and pina colada!

Do I drink TOO MUCH??

SurferStitch
05-16-2007, 04:00 PM
1. Trois Pistoles beer at Le Cellier
2. Kungaloosh at Adventurer's Club
3. Champagne at the cart in France (or anywhere really :thedolls: )
4. Beer in Germany
5. Pamelia's Punch at Adventurer's Club

I love wine, too, but I can get that anywhere. I also love fruity mixed drinks.

CraniumCommando
05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Beverly :thedolls:

Jen66
05-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I love the beer around the world showcase, but am now definitely getting both a margarita and an almond colada (or two--sounds incredibly delicious!) Thank goodness for the monorail!!!

Mikey Piano 23
05-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I really enjoy the different African beers at Boma. The other drinks I enjoy are anything tropical at Ohana. Bottoms up!! :beer: :marg: :beer: :marg:

snifflesmcg
05-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Everybody gave me some good suggestions when I am there in September. I think I'll be spending some time with some alcoholic friends :marg: . I have to say that I love going to Club Cool in Epcot and getting sodas from around the world. Although, I won't be trying Beverly ever again. Learned my lesson the first time.

Sharon1026
05-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Beverly!!!

:stitch2:

Dopey's Girl
05-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Patriot Punch at LTT...it's orange, light fresh tasting, ugh...I want one right now!

cinderellagrl
05-16-2007, 11:17 PM
LOVE the non-alcoholic sand in your pants (miami vice)

also the chocolate rasberry shake at Le Ceilier is pretty good!

aprilisis
05-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks! You guys are the best! I am printing this & trying some of these when I go in December. The only one I won't try is Beverly- I tried it once in 1998 & all I have to say is "never again". :laughing:

Nicki'sMom
05-18-2007, 08:28 AM
What is a Beverly?:lei:

Sharon1026
05-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Beverly is a soda from Italy that can be found at the Coca Cola cooling station in Epcot.

There's a small store that has free drinks that coke makes. Stuff from Japan, china, costa rica, etc. Some of it is good. Beverly is a bitter, palate cleansing beverage. It tastes sort of like fizzy cough syrup.

The cooling station is located by the fountainvew bakery/drink cafe. I think it's called fountainview...

pook@wdw
05-19-2007, 05:26 PM
As far as mixed drinks go, try the "Dirty Banana" @ the Trout Pass Bar poolside @ the WL resort. But for me, nothing beats a good ice-cold long-neck Bud Light from my room frig on my balcony!:thumbsup:

kathymk616
05-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Non-alcoholic: love, love, LOVE the freshly squeezed OJ that most restaurants have at breakfast (I usually enjoy the Yacht Club Buffet). As a northern gal, I really look forward to that on each trip.

Alcoholic: The "Lava Flow" (named for the Polynesian, but known elsewhere as a "Miami Vice"). Half pina colada, half strawberry daiquiri...yummmmmmmm...

Also love all the wines available in Epcot!

4fordisney
05-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Ringness!!!!! Oh, never mind :(

prttynpnk
05-20-2007, 08:02 AM
The frunch at Boma is my fav- my Sweetie even makes it at home for me (thank you Intercot recipe section!)
He loves the mint tea they have in Morocco:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
05-20-2007, 10:01 AM
The blueberry colada, got it at several places, my husband got quite a "buzz" from the Lapu Lapu, and then there is this coconut monkey at the luau....wow!! We tried the Blue Glowtini for the year of a million dreams, too strong, watered down it was better.

Chic-a-pin
05-20-2007, 02:19 PM
The Chocolate Covered Cherry martini at Territory Lounge! yum yum!! Those Disney Visa reward points work great for those darn martinis :thumbsup:

snifflesmcg
05-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Beverly is a bitter, palate cleansing beverage. It tastes sort of like fizzy cough syrup.

Ha Ha, more like fizzy battery acid. I should have learned when the guy next to me took a sip and made a face. :cool:

mickeys_princess
05-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Yaayy for Lapu Lapu's!

Favorite nonalcoholic would be the berry slush at Le Cellier. :tasty:

4myprincesses
05-21-2007, 09:18 PM
I am a bit partial to a Tiger beer at Kimono's as it is just not available anywhere near home. The sake sampler there is nice as well.

I admit my all time favorite to be my own coffee from home when it is accompanied by a beignette at POFQ!

Crow
05-21-2007, 09:58 PM
:ditto: :yes: My favourite thing to do as well!

As for drinks at restaurants, Lapu Lapu :papple: :papple: is a good one!:thumbsup:

yep. and the FIesta, sake in Japan, Kir Royal in France.
wine flight at AP
Dole Float at MK
anything in the refillable mugs at the resorts

Natazu
05-22-2007, 05:06 AM
This is a good thread. I didn't realize Disney had anything to drink but Johnny Blue and water.

Just Kidding: KUNGALOOSH!

Magic Smiles
05-22-2007, 11:24 PM
We LOVE the frozen lemonade drinks that come with the Pluto straws in Animal Kingdom.

PirateLover
05-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Just got back from my 1st trip to WDW being 21 so I tried a decent amount of new drinks! My faves were definitely the Lapu Lapu from the Poly and also a Hurricane drink I got at the Poly with dinner at Ohana'. We did drink around the world and the most surprising find came in China. I asked the gentlemen behind the cart what he recommended, and in a very excited and heavy Chinese accent he proclaimed : "Tsing Tsao Beer!!! Number ONE in China!!!" So we got it and it was indeed quite good !:beer:

Dracula766
05-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Vegitabeta!!!!:d

aprilisis
05-23-2007, 08:01 AM
We LOVE the frozen lemonade drinks that come with the Pluto straws in Animal Kingdom.

Do you remember where in AK these are? I love frozen lemonade!

You guys have given SO many great suggestions! Again, Thanks!!! :rocks:

Crow
05-23-2007, 10:55 PM
The Chocolate Covered Cherry martini at Territory Lounge! yum yum!! Those Disney Visa reward points work great for those darn martinis :thumbsup:

lol i was just thinking of using mine for :beer: :marg: this trip.
oh yes Kimonos sake sampler:thumbsup:

EllieMae
05-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestion of the African beers at Boma. We are eating there for the first time in a few weeks, I will probably try some. :beer: Also, after looking at the menu and seeing the ingredients of the Lapu Lapu it sounds great! But is it too strong with the 151? I really do want a drink in a pineapple though so it probably doesn't really matter :blush:

PirateLover
05-24-2007, 01:12 AM
But is it too strong with the 151? I really do want a drink in a pineapple though so it probably doesn't really matter :blush:
It did taste a tad strong on the first sip, but it is so delicious that once you start you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

tomorrowschild
05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Sand in Your Pants at the Poly- love it!

BrerSchultzy
05-24-2007, 04:22 PM
1. Kungaloosh (First "Legal" drink ever)
2. Tangerine Dacquiris in Morocco
3. Boddington's with Fish & Chips at Rose & Crown
4. Any of the cheap beers at Evergreen's in SoG
5. Jack & Coke from the Outer Rim in the Contemporary

HONORABLE MENTION: Cokes from the Plaza Pavilion circa 1984, when they had paper straws instead of plastic. You had to drink those FAST.

pook@wdw
05-26-2007, 05:41 PM
"Dirty Banana"...Trout Pass Bar...poolside @ WL:cloud9:

DisneyorBust
05-27-2007, 10:31 PM
:beer:Optimater from the Biergarten!:beer: