PDA

View Full Version : Does this timing sound right?

January-2007
05-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Hey all. Our next trip is a week and a half away and I'm still scrambling making reservations. I just made one for our last day and I want to run it by you all to see if the timing sounds right. It's our last day and our train leaves around 4:30PM. I was thinking we'd want to catch a cab to the station around 2 from the Beach Club, where we're staying, and thus where Bell Services will have our bags that last day. On our last trip our last morning/ early afternoon was miserable because we went to a swamped Magic Kingdom and ended up waiting something like 45 minutes for lunch at an extremely crowded Cosmic Rays and then didn't have anywhere to sit. It was just not pretty. I don't want that to happen again. I was thinking we might go to MGM in the morning this time, because it's a Star Wars Weekend there, it's Sunday. I'm not sure though, because again, could be ultra busy. I was thinking of making a lunch reservation somewhere so we wouldn't have that whole counter service line extravaganza of crowds experience again, but there's no lunch at MGM that appeals to us as far as getting on a train later in the day and wanting really normal food. Epcot would have been the most obvious choice because it's so close to the Beach Club, but it's a "Gay Day" there so it's going to be really crowded. So then I was looking at the Magic Kingdom again. The lunch reservation I just made is for the Liberty Tree Tavern at 11:45AM. Does this sound ok? Could be possibly go to MGM first thing, then bus it over to Magic Kingdom for lunch? Should we just go straight to the Magic Kingdom that day? Should be avoid all the parks and sit on a bench until it's time to leave? Okay, that last one was a little dramatic, but as you can see I'm less than sure about all this. I just don't want our last day to be a bomb again. With early reservations, do you think we'll be good here? I am thinking 11:45AM lunch, around an hour or so later be back on the bus to the Beach Club, and then go to the Front Desk to have them get us a cab around 2PM for our 4:30PM train departure. Does this sound right? Am I missing anything I should be taking into consideration? Wow this is a really long post for something so simple. Thanks for humoring me.

Oh, and I asked in another thread if our breakfast at Chef Mickey's is for 7:50AM if we would be able to catch the opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom and was told probably not. Has this been your experience? We'll try to see it another day I guess. We got the only cancellation at Chef Mickey's for the entire length of our stay, so we're going. DH is so excited for this vacation I just want to make sure everything runs smoothly. It's just DH and me so no kiddos to keep track of. Thanks for any thoughts you can share in regards to these times and how you think it will play out.

Seasonscraps
05-16-2007, 09:59 AM
For the last day, I would probably go to a park in the morning then plan to eat at TS place in the resort area since there are a few good places there (ESPN, Big River, Beaches & Cream, Yacht Club Galley, etc). This way I wouldn't have to worry about getting back to the hotel in time to arrange for transportation to the train station.

I don't see how you could catch the opening ceremony at the MK on your Chef Mickey day unless the park was opening very early 7am or later like 9.30am. Which I don't think would be the case.

January-2007
05-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! We always seem to just miss the opening ceremony at the Magic Kingdom. We've only seen it two or three times I think, yet we've tried more than that for sure. Oh well, another day.

wendy*darling
05-16-2007, 10:35 AM
I've got to agree to not go into the parks that last day.
I would get up late and finish packing at a leisurely pace- maybe grab a coffee & danish or something from the BC Marketplace and sit on the balcony.
I would make an ADR (if possible at this late time) at one of the resort restaurants. ESPN does not take ADRs, not sure about Big River.
Or, Hurricane Hannah's and a lounge chair at the pool sounds relaxing to me. :thumbsup:

Another thing we enjoy on check out day is to rent water mice (you can do that right at the Yacht Club Marina) and tool around for 30-60 minutes, then a little last minute shopping and enjoy lunch.

If you really must go into a park on that last day- I would go to any of them at opening, but come back and de-stress for lunch and enjoy your last couple of hours at the resort.