PDA

View Full Version : Will it be the same?

CU Tiger
05-15-2007, 08:38 PM
I feel like a trader! This December will be the first time in five years that I did not stay at an actual DW resort. We found a great deal (less than $150per night) at the Swan. Can I expect anything less, in the terms of service, quality, etc., than I would get at a DW resort? :mickey:

2Epcot
05-15-2007, 09:31 PM
I have not stayed at the Swan, but from what I understand, it is a really nice hotel. I don't think you should feel like a trader .... You're still on the Disney property. As much as I love staying on site, if it meant another WDW trip, I would stay offsite myself.

Jeff
05-15-2007, 09:47 PM
We have stayed at the Swan several times. We have also stayed at most of the WDW deluxe resorts. The Swan compares well with all of them.
Great staff and service.
Excellent location.
Fantastic Beds.

For the price you are getting I think you will be very happy with your choice.

Christine
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM
I have heard only GREAT things about the Swan. You will have a lovely time....and congrats on the great deal!

MOJoe
05-16-2007, 01:11 PM
You may find that you like it so much, that you have a difficult time staying anywhere else!
I know that my family does.

Belle's Mom
05-16-2007, 02:54 PM
You shouldn't feel like a traitor. If you don't like it as well then you can go back to on site every other time. I bet you will like it though! I hear the beds are :cloud9:

Epcotfan21
05-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I feel like a trader! This December will be the first time in five years that I did not stay at an actual DW resort. We found a great deal (less than $150per night) at the Swan. Can I expect anything less, in the terms of service, quality, etc., than I would get at a DW resort? :mickey:

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get that deal? We're probably going in December and always like to stay around the Epcot hotels.

TiggerRPh
05-16-2007, 05:26 PM
We have not stayed at the Swan but from what I've heard, the biggest difference is the lack of theming. It's very nice...just not Disney.

crazypoohbear
05-16-2007, 07:35 PM
You will have a great time at the Swan. There isn't as much "disney" themeing But you won't notice, once you get to your room and your head hits those incredible pillows you'll be in heaven:cloud9:

CU Tiger
05-16-2007, 08:48 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get that deal? We're probably going in December and always like to stay around the Epcot hotels.

Like this year, we typically go to DW in May. Since we will be in FL in December, we just wanted to see what the prices were and found these prices on the Swan web site. They seemed good and booked it. I guess we were lucky :fingers: , especially this time of year.:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-17-2007, 08:43 PM
You shouldn't feel like a traitor. If you don't like it as well then you can go back to on site every other time. I bet you will like it though! I hear the beds are :cloud9:

The Swan IS on site. It just isn't an official Disney Hotel. It has almost all the same perks. You just can't use ME, or charge back to your room from the parks.
You still get EMH's and the Disney transportation. And you can use both Swan & Dolphin pools etc.
And the location is fantastic and the beds are truly heavenly!! You can walk in the back entrance to Epcot. And you can see some of the fireworks from Epcot. You'll enjoy your stay at this hotel.

Crow
05-17-2007, 08:55 PM
congrats on the rate.
i liked it better than BC.
and you can go to Kimonos!
enjoy it

Dream'nDisney
05-18-2007, 10:26 AM
I have a friend who always stays there, and since we stayed at the Beach Club last summer, we thought we'd check it out. The Dolphin and Swan share busses with the YC/BC (they actually stop at the Dolphin and Swan first - at least they did when we were there.) The hotel is beautiful inside. It looked like there were many different pools to enjoy, but we didn't see them (just the map to them). You can walk to the Boardwalk, and the lake view is beautiful. Have fun. I'm sure you will still feel like you are in a Disney hotel. Oh, and I thought I read somewhere here, that they have a character meal, but I could be mistaken. Have fun!:mickey:

Belle's Mom
05-18-2007, 10:46 AM
The Swan IS on site. It just isn't an official Disney Hotel. It has almost all the same perks. You just can't use ME, or charge back to your room from the parks.
You still get EMH's and the Disney transportation. And you can use both Swan & Dolphin pools etc.
And the location is fantastic and the beds are truly heavenly!! You can walk in the back entrance to Epcot. And you can see some of the fireworks from Epcot. You'll enjoy your stay at this hotel.

My bad, what I meant was the on site "theming".:blush: