PDA

View Full Version : Travel time from Port Caneveral to WDW?

jcshiff
05-15-2007, 08:27 PM
My wife and I decided that after our Disney cruise, we should spend the rest of that Sunday at the Magic Kingdom, so we booked one night at the Pop Culture, bought a pair of one day tickets, and arranged Disney transportation from the port to WDW. The ship is scheduled to dock at 7:30 am, so we figure we should have plenty of time to see a park, but we're curious how much time we should expect to have.

Has anyone ever transferred directly from the ship to WDW? Is it a non-stop bus ride? Do we have to carry our luggage from the dock to the hotel, or will magical Disney CMs have our bags waiting for us at the hotel when we get back to it that night? And most importantly, what time should we expect to arrive at the MK?

Thanks!

TammiMcMan
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
I can tell you that the trip back to WDW is longer than the ride to MCO. It will take about an hour. We used a car service, so we could have a little more control on when we actually got on the road (not having to wait for a full bus). From our experience, we were off the ship at 8am, at our resort at 9am and walking through the entrance of Epcot at 10am.

Jeanne can probably let you know more about how the luggage transfer works and what the drop off route is. It could take you an hour to get to WDW, but if Pop is the last stop, that could add on some significant waiting time.

Piglet822
05-16-2007, 03:58 PM
By bus the ride from PC to WDW is a little over an hour. Now, I've not done DCL in over 2 years but when I did the first vehicles to leave for the resorts were vans. You don't wait as long for one to load and there are fewer stops for a van to make. When I did the Port to resort run I would sometimes have up to 7 or 8 resorts I had to drop off at.
With that said, if you are one of the first ones off the ship and catch a van it would probably be best for you, timewise.
You will have to claim your own luggage and take it with you on the van. The driver will load it into the rear compartment. I can't tell you which stop you'll be, that's determined by the driver based on the stops he/she has to make. All the stops will be within WDW.