PDA

View Full Version : DVC and an Annual Pass

DizNee143
05-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Im soooo confused...lol..
ok so..i want to get an annual pass for me and my fiance...
my parents are part of DVC..
can we get the discount on the passes?? or at least me..since my fiance (Pete) is technically not there son-in-law yet?
plus they say we all have to live in the same house..i just moved...can we still get the discount...im still there daughter?!?!..
im sooo confused...
and how much exactly is the discount? its a 100 off the price?? if i read that correctly on here in info central...
please help me!!!!!:mickey: :confused: :mickey:

TiggerRPh
05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Sorry to say that you're out of luck. When you pick up the AP's they're going to ask for proof that you all live in the same house as the person paying for them.

DizNee143
05-16-2007, 08:51 AM
grr..that stinks...and personally i think rather stupid...im still there daughter...ive just grown up and moved out...but they are still dvc owners and im still there daughter...i should be allowed!! i love disney..im a hardcore fan...but man they do ANYTHING to get there money...
although i havent changed my license yet.......

Carol
05-16-2007, 09:16 AM
They need to draw the line in order to be able offer the discount! It's for same household. How else would they have a way of limiting the number of 'family' members?

Ian
05-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeah, the problem is if they don't enforce the same address rule, how do they know who you really are?

I could drag 100 of my daughter's friends with me and say they're all my kids. Or my sisters ... or whatever!

They have to draw a line or they'll end up giving discounts to everyone and their "mother."

DizNee143
05-16-2007, 11:48 AM
ya i guess...but im not gonna live with mommy and daddy all my life...im still there daughter!!...plus once they are gone... i will be the "owner" of it...
i just dont get it!!!

* btw PolyGirl40 i love your avatar...its soo cute!! :mickey:

TiggerRPh
05-16-2007, 05:55 PM
grr..that stinks...and personally i think rather stupid...im still there daughter...ive just grown up and moved out...but they are still dvc owners and im still there daughter...i should be allowed!! i love disney..im a hardcore fan...but man they do ANYTHING to get there money...
although i havent changed my license yet.......

You are an adult now....you don't own the DVC interest...they do. You're not a member....you were able to experience the benefit when you were a child and lived in they're home. You're on you're own now.

When I asked about this, I was told it is to prevent anyone but the DVC Members from experiencing the discounts.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me. If you want to get the DVC discounts, you'll have to buy a DVC membership.

DizNee143
05-17-2007, 08:19 AM
You are an adult now....you don't own the DVC interest...they do. You're not a member....you were able to experience the benefit when you were a child and lived in they're home. You're on you're own now.

When I asked about this, I was told it is to prevent anyone but the DVC Members from experiencing the discounts.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me. If you want to get the DVC discounts, you'll have to buy a DVC membership.

i may be an "adult" but im still there daughter!!!!!!!!!!! that should soooo count for something...just because im growing up and moving on with my life doesnt mean im not there daughter anymore!!....
you think great disney gives a discount awesome...but you gotta be a weird family and have everyone who is "immediate" family to disney to all be living in the same house...ya like that ever happens...they soo totally trick you into thinking you can get a discount...

Patti
05-17-2007, 02:44 PM
My parents live in Florida; I don't. Am I entitled to the Florida AP rate? NO. But, I am still their daughter and did live with them at one time.

Same thing here. You are not eligible for DVC AP discount.

DizNee143
05-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Same thing here. You are not eligible for DVC AP discount.
ya i get it...but i still think its stupid and unfair!
does the florida AP thing have the same rules as a DVC discount?? saying about immediate family members can get it???
if so..again i think its stupid and unfair...
but if it doesnt have the same rules..then its not the same thing....sorry...

dlpmikki
05-17-2007, 04:29 PM
I think we have about exhausted this subject. When children grow up and leave home they often lose privileges that they had by living with their parents. DVC and annual passes is one of those. It may not be fair but it is life. On that note I am going to close this topic.