PDA

View Full Version : What would you do for a trip to WDW?

Figment78
05-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Since we have all been hit with that overwhelming "I must go to WDW or I'll just die!" feeling from time to time, I thought I'd pose this question...

What would you do (or not do) for a trip to WDW?

When the urge to go to WDW hit me yesterday, I immediately starting thinking of things to "exchange" for a trip to Disney... Here's what I have so far:

-My Friday morning Starbucks coffee treat
-A concert that DH and I were thinking of going to in September
-cut back on dining out
-Pay more bills with my Disney visa to get points!
-plant flowers from seeds instead of established seedlings from the nursery
-wait for movies to hit the "cheap' theater instead of opening weekend (except Pirates of course!)

Does anyone else do this or am I crazy?!:crazy:

TikiGoddess
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't think you're crazy. After last year's trip, I started planning this year's trip and asked my hubby if I could put any extra money that I saved into a special account. This money would go towards a hotel upgrade, a special dinner, or something like that on our trip, depending on how much I saved. The money I put in was profit from ebay sales, half dot com sales, gifts, and other misc. items. I managed to save around $900 and so we're going to stay at the WL this year!

I have also been trying to use coupons at the store more often, eat out less... My girls and I end up at the mall usually once a week. They have a carousel there and they just love riding it. We usually have lunch there at the food court but I bring our lunch from home in a small cooler. Saves me at least $10 a week and we're eating healthier food!

I don't think I could give up eating out with my hubby. We both work very hard at our jobs and have two small children. Dinner out is one of the rare times that we get to spend face to face by ourselves.

TikiG