PDA

View Full Version : New Disney on Demand Channel to Feature WDW!

Dixie Springs
05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Disney to launch on-demand cable channel
It will feature a mix of Disney entertainment and Disney information

By Scott Powers | Sentinel Staff Writer
May 15, 2007

Borrowing Walt Disney's earliest and most successful strategy for marketing his new Disneyland theme parks, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is launching an on-demand cable channel later this month that will feature programming mostly about Walt Disney World and other Disney vacation spots.

The new channel, which initially will be offered on both Cablevision and Time Warner Cable networks, will feature a mix of Disney entertainment and Disney information, much as the Disney-sponsored ABC-TV show Disneyland did in the early 1950s. Already scheduled are such programs as Making the Magic, Disney Fact or Fiction and Disney Travel Insiders.

Time Warner Cable expects to debut the channel, called Disney Travel on Demand, May 21 and Cablevision on May 29. Both channels will offer the programming "on demand" but unlike most on-demand movies and sporting events, the programs will be free. Eventually, it could be offered by other cable networks as well, said Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo.

The shows will draw on celebrities, including many who have moved through Disney entertainment in the past. For example, Joey Fatone and Michelle Kwan will host a show called "Dream Makers."

He described the programming as episodic, saying it will fall somewhere between reality TV and travel log programs. The channel will be interactive, though in different ways on the two networks. When viewers want more information, they merely have to click buttons on their remote.

Disney hopes that people will be so entertained they'll seek more information about the parks, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Disney Vacation Club or other destinations.

Rasulo noted the similarity with the Disneyland show, which premiered in 1954, almost a year before the Disneyland theme park opened. Much of the park's construction progress and planning were profiled in the show.

"This allows you to look back and think about how wonderfully Walt used this completely new technology to tell the world about Disneyland," Rasulo said.

sleepingbooty
05-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Well thats cool! I hope we get this on Charter, we have "on demand" so it would fit in.:thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
05-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Wow! This sounds really neat! A whole channel devoted entirely to Disney parks and vacations! Can't wait to see it!

BrerSchultzy
05-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Well thats cool! I hope we get this on Charter, we have "on demand" so it would fit in.:thumbsup:

Weren't Time Warner and Charter going to merge some time soon? I know there were rumors about it a few months ago. If so, us Charter folk could get this sooner than expected!

MickeyandTink
05-15-2007, 06:23 PM
We don't get those cable services in our area. Any chance they will expand to include the satellite services (Dish and DirectTV)?:tv:

JPL
05-15-2007, 08:13 PM
I can't wait :D Looks like I will be taping away :thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
05-15-2007, 09:29 PM
I hope comcast gets it!

WDWizard
05-16-2007, 12:52 AM
Sounds great! I just hope its not another "Top 7 Must Sees" with that annoying girl from the resort TV channel.

2Epcot
05-16-2007, 12:56 AM
I just left Time Warner for Cox Communications ... Hopefully it will show up there.

NotaGeek
05-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Maybe one day Cox Communications in Phoenix will step-up and offer On Demand here in the 5th largest city in America. It drives me CRAZY that there's no competition to make Cox jump into the new century!

TheAdventurer
05-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I hope comcast gets it!

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please!!!

Figgyluv03
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I hope then send it over to us in "Comcast Country."

Bill George
05-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Sounds great! I just hope its not another "Top 7 Must Sees" with that annoying girl from the resort TV channel.

You mean the top 7 that is really like the top 35? She annoyed me for the past week...but then that means I was at WDW to see it :thumbsup: . I miss the old show with the zippity do da day!

BTW: I will watch this channel a lot!

Red Randal
05-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Here is some more information from the LA Times:
In some ways, the Travel on Demand channel is a 21st century version of the 1950s "Disneyland" show on ABC that was hosted by Walt Disney and introduced viewers to the new Anaheim theme park.

The programming will take people behind the scenes via four shows, with new episodes every three weeks. "Making the Magic" is an "American Idol"-like reality series that follows an entertainer in his quest to become an elite performer at Walt Disney World Resort. "Disney Fact or Fiction" will examine urban legends about Disney parks. On "Dream Makers," unsuspecting guests can win various Disney experiences; and "Disney Travel Insiders," hosted by Elisabeth Hasselbeck of "The View," will offer travel tips.

If viewers like what they see, a reservation is close at hand, although travel agents won't be available in the middle of the night.

"One of the things that we always think about … is how innovative Walt was when he launched Disneyland and used what was then the high-tech and parent-savvy new media — which was television," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "In many ways, this really continues on that tradition."

Disney Travel on Demand will air on its own Cablevision station, Channel 650. On Time Warner Cable, it will be part of Journey TV, which will also include programming from the National Park Service and Busch Entertainment, which owns Busch Gardens and Sea World parks. But they will not have push-button reservation features.

I'm extremely excited about this announcement. I hope I can get the channel sometime soon.

WDWfanatic742
05-16-2007, 08:05 PM
As far as I know, Comcast hasn't announced if they will add the channel or not. It's really sad if they can't get this on their service.

Rustin Allison
05-16-2007, 09:02 PM
This is a great idea! I always love watching the Travel Channel shows about Disney, so it would be cool to have something like that as part of my on-demand service. Will definitely be looking out for this!

Rustin Allison

Figgyluv03
05-17-2007, 12:41 PM
As far as I know, Comcast hasn't announced if they will add the channel or not. It's really sad if they can't get this on their service.

They are building the tallest building in Philly, and they can't give us the Disney on Demand! :humph: Wish I had some connections there!

LudwigVonDrake
05-17-2007, 09:08 PM
This channel will help people with their Disney "fixes" :tink:

BklynChick
05-18-2007, 10:02 PM
COOL!!

I read about this in one of our local newspapers earlier in the week. I let out a gleeful cheer and my mother (who had read the paper earlier in the day) said, "You got to the part about the Disney thing, didn't you?" :D

I love the free "on demand" channels on Time Warner, I watch the Food Network one all the time. I thought for sure that the "free" wouldn't last long but they're still going...

MinnieMommie
05-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Thank you much for this information. Sounds great and I look forward to having access to this channel sometime in the future. :thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
05-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Charter SERIOUSLY needs to get this. I would get rid of every other channel just to have this. I really like Elizabeth Hasslebeck...she'd be a great host for anything Disney. Sounds like they've got a good thing going.

jefmblrd
05-21-2007, 07:19 AM
I hope Comcast picks this up; it sounds like a fantastic idea.

Jeff G
05-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Todays the Day it comes out on Time Warner, I'll be looking for this tnight when I get home. Does anyone know if this will be a premium channel?

mrsgaribaldi
05-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Anybody find it?

DisneyCrazy
05-22-2007, 07:25 AM
After much searching last night, I found it. On Time Warner Cable in South Carolina, its on digital channel 1107. It's called Journey TV on demand. The Disney travel channel is like a sub-channel. You can select from Disney or other travel locations.

disneyfan369
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please!!!

Agreed!

caryrae
05-23-2007, 01:47 PM
All I can say is FINALLY!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Jeany031
05-23-2007, 05:01 PM
i can't wait to get it.

EmiB
05-24-2007, 07:59 PM
First off, this is my first post so hi! :wave:

I have cablevision and I know about a year or two ago, I stumbled across an early version of this.

Pretty much it was their tourism videos on demand, plus the "Top 7 million annoying things to do..." program.

I'm looking forward to this since I miss the days when "Disney World: Inside Out!" was in the Disney Channel!

EpcotNut
05-25-2007, 11:02 AM
You mean the top 7 that is really like the top 35? She annoyed me for the past week...but then that means I was at WDW to see it :thumbsup: . I miss the old show with the zippity do da day!

BTW: I will watch this channel a lot!

Not for anything, but I woudl kill to have that channel at home. It is very "WDW" and when Im there, aside from Sportscenter, that's what we leave it on.:thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
05-25-2007, 02:21 PM
After much searching last night, I found it. On Time Warner Cable in South Carolina, its on digital channel 1107. It's called Journey TV on demand. The Disney travel channel is like a sub-channel. You can select from Disney or other travel locations.

Can't find it on TW in Houston, and my tuner will not go to channels higher than 998. Anybody else been able to find/aceess it?

Stu29573
05-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Am I the only person with Verizon fiber optic TV? If so, I'm afraid we might be pretty far down the list in getting this.....:(

JPL
05-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Still waiting :(

I keep checking :tv:

kristnjohn
05-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Have TW Digital here in Milwaukee and can't seem to find it there either. Anyone else with TW been able to find it? Doesn't make sense to sign the contract with Disney and then not make the channel available everywhere.:angry:

caryrae
05-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Disney Parks Launches First-Of-Its-Kind Programming For Interactive Cable Networks; Introducing Disney Travel on Demand

Original Programming with Cablevision, Time Warner and a new ability to
start planning your vacation from your television.

BURBANK, Calif., May 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
today announced Disney Travel on Demand, a breakthrough in original
programming that combines innovation, storytelling and the power of
interactive television to deliver a soup-to-nuts vacation planning and
entertainment experience to television viewers, starting on two cable
systems nationwide. The program mix will include episodic, reality and
special event shows as well as concerts and celebrity hosts, all focused on
the magic of Disney's destinations around the world.
The programs are designed to uniquely engage viewers with a variety of
industry-leading interactive and entertaining components that showcase
Disney Parks' innovation, Disney cast members, and the legacy behind all
the magic. It will first be made available this month on Cablevision and
Time Warner Cable network systems reaching more than nine million viewers.
"More than 50 years after Walt Disney used the new medium of television
to tell the story of Disneyland, we're tapping into new media platforms to
engage our guests," said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and
Resorts. "With Disney Travel on Demand, we're providing a great
entertainment experience for the whole family and an easier way than ever
to book a Disney vacation."
The hallmark of Disney Travel on Demand is a groundbreaking level of
interactivity with audiences. On Cablevision systems, which will carry
Disney Travel on Demand on channel 650, viewers will be able to communicate
directly with a Disney travel representative from the comfort of their own
homes with the new 'Talk To Agent' feature. With the click of a button on
the remote control, viewers can request to have a telephone call back from
a Disney travel representative to make all their travel arrangements at one
of Disney's destinations: Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Disneyland
Resort in California, and Adventures by Disney vacations.
Disney Travel on Demand Programs
Set to debut on Time Warner Cable the week of May 21 and on Cablevision
the week of May 29 featuring four original, episodic series plus additional
programs which are designed to take viewers behind the scenes and show them
how to make the most of the magic, the original programming includes:
-- "Making the Magic" - Follow Tristan, a hopeful entertainer, as he tries
to fulfill his ultimate dream - to become an elite performer at Walt
Disney World Resort. Unfortunately the road to this dream is paved
with hurdles, competition, and Disney world-class expectations for
unparalleled performances. Will Tristan's desire fuel his ability? Or
will the competition be too stiff? Find out as this immersive reality
show goes behind-the-scenes showcasing hundreds of performers and weeks
of rehearsals all leading up to opening night!

-- "Disney Fact or Fiction" - Given the magic of Disney's theme parks,
it's no surprise that guests often have trouble distinguishing where
fantasy ends and reality begins. Over the years imaginations have run
wild and stoked a number of curious urban legends about the history and
operations of the theme parks. Now, for the first time ever, Walt
Disney Imagineers reveal some incredible secrets as they separate
Disney fact from fiction.

-- "Dream Makers" - Join celebrity hosts like Joey Fatone and Michelle
Kwan, as unsuspecting guests are randomly surprised with some of the
most extraordinary and unique experiences Disney has to offer. From
spending the night in a brand new royal suite built within Cinderella
Castle at Walt Disney World Resort, to taking over the one-of-a-kind
Mickey Mouse Penthouse Suite in Disneyland, viewers will get a peek at
the excitement behind surprises that are uniquely Disney during "The
Year of a Million Dreams."

-- "Disney Travel Insiders" - Premiering in June, join The View's
Elisabeth Hasselbeck as she takes viewers far and wide, offering an
array of unique travel tips and tricks for experiencing a Disney
Vacation. From money-saving tips for planning an easily affordable
family visit to Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, zip-lining through
a rainforest in Costa Rica with Adventures by Disney, to the best ways
to take in the magic of Disney Parks with little ones, Hasselbeck
delivers what's new, can't miss, must-see ... and the best ways to
experience it all.
Time Warner Cable president of media sales Joan Gillman said, "We are
proud to welcome Disney as an anchor destination within Journey TV. Disney
recognizes that Video on Demand is a great way to engage their customers in
real time using informative, entertaining original content and Journey TV
joins a stable of ad-supported on-demand environments that last year alone
generated over 13 million views. Our customers have demonstrated a real
appreciation for informative programming and Journey TV delivers."
"Cablevision's interactive fiber optic network makes it possible for a
wide range of businesses to use VOD programming to reach customers in new
and innovative ways," said Barry Frey, Cablevision's senior vice president
of advanced platform sales. "Disney Travel on Demand is a perfect example
of a preeminent brand using our advanced platform to have a powerful
dialogue with consumers through the television."
Disney Parks' Technology - Enhancing the Overall Guest Experience
Walt Disney was a pioneer in leveraging the television medium to
showcase his resorts. More than 50 years ago, he introduced the nation to
Disneyland Park, even while it was under construction, through the popular
Disneyland series that aired on ABC-TV. Once the park was open, Disney
continued to promote the park and showcase its attractions through
broadcasts originating from inside Disneyland Park.
The launch of Disney Travel on Demand is just one step in a series of
new media launches that highlight the latest technologies incorporated into
Disney Parks. Whether it is cable, wireless, online or through the iPod,
the Walt Disney Company has cast itself as a leader in using new
technologies to forge connections with consumers. Disney Parks continues to
exemplify how technologies can be used to build new connections - from the
time consumers begin planning their vacation on http://www.DisneyParks.com,
to personalizing and sharing their Disney experiences when they return
home, using DisneyLink, a desktop application.
About Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is where dreams come true and magic comes
to life. This segment of The Walt Disney Company encompasses 11 theme parks
at five of the world's leading family vacation destinations - Disneyland
Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort
Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland. It also includes: Disney Cruise Line;
Disney Vacation Club; Adventures by Disney; Disney Regional Entertainment,
which operates the ESPN Zone sports dining and entertainment centers; World
of Disney stores in New York, Orlando and Anaheim; and Walt Disney
Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and
attractions. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts had approximately $10 billion in
revenues in fiscal 2006. More information about Disney Travel on Demand and
all of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts can be found at
http://www.DisneyParks.com .

SOURCE Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

caryrae
05-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Disney to offer interactive video-on-demand TV travel channels

By GARY GENTILE, AP
- Some cable TV customers could soon be able to book a trip to a Disney theme park with the click of their remote controls.

The Walt Disney Co. later this month is launching an interactive video-on-demand travel channel on cable systems served by Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision System Corp., the companies said Tuesday.

The channel will include original programs, including reality shows, episodic programs, concerts and special events highlighting Disney's domestic theme parks in Florida and California as well as its adventure travel business.

The shows will be offered free to viewers and will include interactive features, including the ability to request more information using buttons on the TV remote control.

The programs will reach more than 9 million people nationwide.

Although the deals with Time Warner and Cablevision are structured differently, Disney will create the programming and pay the cable companies to air it.

On Time Warner systems, viewers can use their remote to request brochures, DVDs and other information through the mail or via e-mail.

Cablevision subscribers can use a remote control to trigger a phone call from a Disney travel representative within 15 minutes, Disney said.

"We hope this kind of engaging entertainment really does begin the booking process for some families and continues to grow our engagement and relationships," Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts said.

Cable systems are anxious to enable commerce using two-way connections and offer lots of video choices in part to keep viewers glued to their TV sets and away from the Internet.

"Cable systems see VOD as the way to break the Internet's hold on consumer entertainment," said James McQuivey, an analyst at Forrester Research.

"Since the VOD system is a 24-hour pitchman of product, not having the ability to connect to a call center for more information would be an opportunity missed."

Disney tested the channel on Cablevision's system for several months last year.

The companies were able to monitor which programs people watched, whether viewers fast-forwarded through some parts and what parts received repeat viewing. The test helped Disney develop the shows that will debut the week of May 21 on Time Warner systems and May 29 on Cablevision.

"It has a lot of the interactivity of the Web," said Barry Frey, senior vice president of advanced platform sales at Cablevision. "It will also give a lot of details to Disney and Cablevision on how many people are watching, how long they are watching."

CaptSmee
05-27-2007, 11:12 PM
How come I have Time Warner and am yet to find it on my channel guide???

kristnjohn
05-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I am planning on calling Time Warner first thing Tuesday morning for an explanation. I will post their answers here right away, although I'm sure it's a decision made on a local level in each TW Cable region. My luck Time Warner-Milwaukee never chooses to offer nothing more than the standard offerings, even with the digital package.

Kerry823
05-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I also had a problem finding it until someone here mentioned Journey TV. I am in upstate NY and it is on digital channel 1282. I kept looking for Disney but could not find it until I found out the Journey TV tidbit!

The offerings are quite short~ 3 minutes, 6 minutes and I think the longest is maybe 12 minutes. I wonder how often the will change them. I check today, hoping they would change every Monday, but they are the same as over the weekend. Still...very cool. It means I don't have to pull out my disney promotional dvd.

iceicebritney
05-28-2007, 08:47 PM
okay... im in Pennsylvania - I have Comcast - and i don't have this... will all of you Comcast subscribers out there alert me when you see it available PLEASE?!?! I love the disney travel shows.. my TiVo is filled with them saved on the hard drive from past air dates!

oh my god, and to whoever mentioned WDW Inside Out - best show ever!! loved it!!! wish they'd bring it and some of the other great old programs from the DC... the stuff thats on the Disney Channel now is just so bad i dont even know how anyone can let their kids watch it!

kristnjohn
05-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Here's Time Warner's response to my email inquiring why certain area's, including Milwaukee, don't have Disney on Demand and/or Journey TV, unfortunately it's not much help. It would be great if more of us w/o it could write or call in and get it as a standard offering!

Thank you for letting us know that you are interested in this type of programming. I'm sorry that we don't offer the channel you are requesting at this time.

Decisions concerning channel and package additions are made at the corporate level. Your request is being forwarded to our programming department. We will keep you updated, as information becomes available to us. We are anxious to please our customers, and we appreciate your input.

Dakota Rose
05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh! Oh! Oh! :joy: This is the best news I've heard all day! I've been positively depressed :sob: since they cancelled Disney World: Inside Out! I hope Midco gets it soon! :hope:

JPL
05-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Just got the channel today :thumbsup:

I watched a few of the shorter shows nothing groundbreaking but entertaining :mickey:

GrumpyFan
05-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Just got the channel today :thumbsup:

I watched a few of the shorter shows nothing groundbreaking but entertaining :mickey:

Details please? What cable provider? What channel?

Stu29573
05-30-2007, 08:36 AM
I talked with Verizon yesterday and they were totally clueless......:(

TheAdventurer
05-31-2007, 10:21 AM
That's funny, kristnjohn. For Time Warner, the decision to carry this was made at the corporate level, it's the local level that serves your area that decided for some reason not to go along with corporate. They probably didn't even pay attention to what you wrote and just shot off a form letter that they send anytime somebody requests a channel.

Anyway, for anybody whose cable isn't offering this channel, somebody over at Mouse Bits has posted all the first episodes. I've downloaded them but haven't had a chance to watch yet--can't wait!

JPL
05-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Details please? What cable provider? What channel?

I have Cablevision it's on Channel 650. The service for the channel has been rather spotty and it often crashes my Cable box or shows up and internal server error :( The longest of the shows runs 14 minutes and the rest average from 4-9 minutes. The Making Magic Episode was cool sort of a behind scenes look at an entertainer trying to make it. It features the Pirates and Princess Party Parade. Most of the shows were ok but too short. I am waiting for more episodes until I pass full judgement.

Disneymom4ever
05-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Gosh, this is frustrating. I have TW, and no such luck with this channel. I just searched the entire guide for it, nothing. You'd think anyone with TW would, or should be able to get it! Looks like I'll be calling to see what's up. :( Anyone else in the Charlotte area find it?

GrumpyFan
05-31-2007, 12:49 PM
This sounds like a classic case of Marketing and PR folks promising something before the technical and programming folks even know about it or have had adequate chance to get their hands on it. As a "technical" person, I understand this completely, and unfortunately it happens way too often.

Jacova
05-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Anyway, for anybody whose cable isn't offering this channel, somebody over at Mouse Bits has posted all the first episodes. I've downloaded them but haven't had a chance to watch yet--can't wait!

More details please??? :search: I've never heard of Mouse Bits - can you provide a url?

future_imagineer
05-31-2007, 03:00 PM
I live in Austin and have digital cable from TWC with all of the on-demand channels, but it is not showing up in my listings... I'm going to reset the cable box to see if it shows up.

It will probably take a few weeks for all of the local TWC branches to add the channel to their city's lineup, so be patient.

This sounds like a classic case of Marketing and PR folks promising something before the technical and programming folks even know about it or have had adequate chance to get their hands on it. As a "technical" person, I understand this completely, and unfortunately it happens way too often.

I'm a technical person also, and I know what you're talking about, but TWC at least has been running these On-Demand channels for probably about five years now, and it typically works pretty well.

LisaMarie
05-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Gosh, this is frustrating. I have TW, and no such luck with this channel. I just searched the entire guide for it, nothing. You'd think anyone with TW would, or should be able to get it! Looks like I'll be calling to see what's up. :( Anyone else in the Charlotte area find it?

I don't know about your State. I have TW in the Albany NY area and I searched all over the guide for Disney on demand with no luck. Then, just to experiment, I looked through all of the on demand channels in the channel guide. There was one on demand channel which had no title at all listed. I went to that channel and it came up as Journey TV on demand. the Disney stuff was one of the subcategories.

TheAdventurer
06-01-2007, 03:18 PM
More details please??? :search: I've never heard of Mouse Bits - can you provide a url?

I think because of the Terms of Service I can't post a URL, but let me just say...Google is your friend ;) If you don't find it, PM me.

caryrae
06-01-2007, 05:17 PM
I think because of the Terms of Service I can't post a URL, but let me just say...Google is your friend ;) If you don't find it, PM me.

Just downloaded the shows and man that Mickey Penthouse Suite at Disneyland looks so cool!!!

Dsnygirl
06-08-2007, 03:29 AM
Great news!! Here's to hoping I can find it on our TWC stationguide when I get home!! :thumbsup:

JPL
06-08-2007, 04:21 PM
How long do they think 6 show6 about 45 minutes total watching time will keep us entertained :confused: I was hoping for more frequent updates so far it's been about 2 weeks and nothing new :(

DREAMADREAM93
06-08-2007, 04:50 PM
What about us Direct TV people!?! :mickey:

JOrdan :]

brewcrew26
06-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Here's Time Warner's response to my email inquiring why certain area's, including Milwaukee, don't have Disney on Demand and/or Journey TV, unfortunately it's not much help. It would be great if more of us w/o it could write or call in and get it as a standard offering!

We just got it last week on our Digital Cable Package in Milwaukee. Not much yet, only about 10 options of on-demand video, but still a great Disney fix when there's nothing on Travel Channel or Food Network that's Disney-related.

There was a really cool Behind-the-Myth series about Walt Disney and having an apartment at Disneyland. One of the park's imagineers is the host, too. There's also a series behind-the-scenes of putting together the Princess and Pirate Party with a wannabee dancer in the parade.

I'm excited to see what else they start to post later in the summer.

JPL
06-12-2007, 11:18 AM
What about us Direct TV people!?! :mickey:

JOrdan :]

I would Imagine eventually Disney will work out some sort of deal with Direct TV depending on their contracts with Cable. They may have gotten a great rate from Cable to make it exclusive to Cable. This seems to be to happening much more often with competition in the industry since the inception of digital cable and more channels.

arm00leg
06-12-2007, 08:16 PM
We were avid Disney Inside Out viewers and couldn't believe they cancelled it. A show all about the parks is a great way to draw people and I would assume fairly inexpensive to produce. For us Disney geeks - no better way to get that fix! Sure hope it comes to Directv!

bwgens
06-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know if the Charter Cable company will be getting this? And if so, when?

MickeyMike837
06-13-2007, 01:43 AM
I too have TW in Milwakee, what channal did they hide it on, as I have not found it yet. :confused:

Loudog
06-13-2007, 09:39 AM
its on channel 1407, Journey TV, on TW in Milwaukee

BklynChick
06-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Finally found it on TW-NYC! On my box Journey TV on Demand is channel 1282. TW-NYC was no help at all, when I emailed them they replied with a generic "for programming suggestions please contact...."

kristnjohn
07-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I finally found it a couple weeks ago here and it's awesome! We've watched everything on there numerous times and hope that they continue to update their series' and add future programming. It's a fantastic idea!

thejens
07-01-2007, 01:14 PM
I know I'll be watching! I'll bet they'll be pushing the DVC in a major way. I hope the content is good and not too heavy handed in its advertising. When I was a child I just wanted to go where Tinkerbell lived. The story is everything. I also hope they will continue to improve the website. It is SO hard to navigate. I know Walt would have made it a great experience to be on the WDW site. They seem to be heading in the right direction anyway.

JPL
07-01-2007, 11:03 PM
The shows are actually good:mickey: Now if they would just update them and put out Episode 2 it would be much better. The same shows have been on for over a month now :(

SpecJoe Magic
07-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know if this is available on Dish Network?

HOLITRIN
07-08-2007, 08:34 AM
What really would be great is if they took all the shows that both Travel channel and Food TV have had on their stations and added them to the On-Demand channel. All the current programs are only a few minutes long and have not been updated.

At least those programs are an hour in length and would really get people's interest in going on vacation to Disney!!!:mickey:

playdead88
07-08-2007, 08:40 AM
i hope directv gets the channel!

big blue and hairy
07-09-2007, 08:13 AM
The shows are actually good:mickey: Now if they would just update them and put out Episode 2 it would be much better. The same shows have been on for over a month now :(

Well, I know it's hard to believe, but most people aren't as obssesive about Disney as most of us are, so it may take normal people a while to actually watch all of them. :funny:

I'm about to upgrade to digital cable, and I'm sure I'll have blown through all of them in the first day...:blush:

:sulley:

Epc0tphr34k
07-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know if this is available on Dish Network?

i asked when i signed up 2 weeks ago and they knew nothing about the channel. but i put in my request for it with the customer service rep

JPL
07-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Well, I know it's hard to believe, but most people aren't as obssesive about Disney as most of us are, so it may take normal people a while to actually watch all of them. :funny:

I'm about to upgrade to digital cable, and I'm sure I'll have blown through all of them in the first day...:blush:

:sulley:

the length of the 6 shows all together is about 45 minutes :(