PDA

View Full Version : Girls Only Birthday Trip - Day 2

BethieTink
05-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Who - Me - 37 Disney nut and
Friend Michele - 36 (almost 37) Disney nut
Where - Port Orleans Riverside
When - May 2 - 6

Michele and I woke up early to take advantage of AM EMH at MK. Went for a quick bite at POR food court and hopped the bus to MK.

Got into the park around 8:15 and after a few pics of the Castle, headed straight to Fantasyland. We hopped on Peter Pan since there was very little wait and then hit IASW. Got right into Philharmagic (is there anything better than this??). Then over to Snow White and Winnie the Pooh. We were done with Fantasyland by 9:15!! Quite and accomplishment and I highly recommend EMH to do it.

Next we went off to Tomorowland. Saw the new Monsters Inc. attraction. I was nervous based on what I heard from the previews, but we both liked it. It was cute. I would definitely do it again. Next we got a FP for Buzz and headed to SM. Rode SM in half the time that was posted. :thumbsup: Rode Buzz and Michele kicked my butt. :(

After Tomorrowland, we headed over to Adventureland. Jungle Cruise had a really long line, so we decided to pass. POTC was down, which we were really bummed about, since I hadn't seen it since they did the refurb on it. While we were waiting, we did get some pics with Capt. Hook and Smee though, so that was a good thing.

We had about 45 minutes to go until our ADR at LTT, so we decided to head to BTMRR. Again, the wait time seemed to be inflated (which is fine with me). Had a great ride and headed over to LTT.

I had never been for lunch, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was delicious. I had the Declaration Salad with the yummy buttermilk dressing and the Crabcake. The salad was good, but the crabcake was outstanding! Practically no filler and very tasty. Even the succotash as a base was good.

After lunch we headed back to POR and spent the afternoon at the pool.

At 6:30 we hopped in a cab and over to the AKL for dinner at JIKO. We walked around the lodge before checking in and had a drink at the bar. Wow, was JIKO amazing. We had told them when I made the reservation that it was Michele's B-day and they gave her a lovely card signed by the staff. Great touch.

We split the Kalamata Olive Flatbread for an appetizer. Salty, but delicious!! I had the Filet with the Mac and Cheese and it was :cloud9: . So good!! My friend had the Curry Shrimp and that was also divine. I had a delicious Pinotage wine from South Africa with it. For dessert, we split the huge and scrumptious Pistacio Creme Brulee. Oh was this good.

After dinner, we headed over to DTD to finish our shopping. What a disaster. I got the few things I wanted at the Christmas shop and then we headed over to World of Disney. We each wandering to find stuff for about 5 minutes, when Michele called me and said "Let's get out of here. It's a zoo." I made a quick purchase of what I had in my hand and we made a bee-line for the boat back to POR.

Up next - A brief trip to MGM and dinner at Artist Point.

January-2007
05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks for reporting :thumbsup:

pogo
05-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for sharing your day Two with us. It sounds like a great time. :thumbsup:

I'll check back for day three. :D

sleepingbooty
05-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Jiko sounds amazing - thanks for the report!

faline
05-16-2007, 05:37 AM
The World of Disney does get extremely busy - particularly in the evenings!

Dinner at Jiko sounds really yummy!

Sorry you missed Pirates!

Bethanymouse
05-16-2007, 07:08 AM
What a great day! I am glad that you enjoyed Jiko- we have never eaten there but I have heard some really great things! Fantasyland is always great to get done in the morning because it gets so crowded by 11 am. Thanks for sharing your report! I cant wait to read more!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-16-2007, 09:26 AM
I had the crab cake from Liberty Tree last May and now you really have my mouth watering for them again! :tasty: I'm sory Pirates was down, but you sure did cover a lot of ground during your MK visit. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

BelleCiavo
05-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Ooh, you're eating at some of my favorite places. Can't wait to read more, hurray back :mickey:
Karen

Christine
05-18-2007, 02:10 PM
You're right, DTD (World of Disney in particular) is getting really hard to take anymore.

My last two or three trips I have just about had a panic attack in there b/c it is loud, crowded, and for some reason, people insist on RUNNING in there??? No matter which direction I go, I feel like a salmon swimming upstream!

Sounds like a great day though! How nice you got to do so much in Fantasyland with no wait!

pdrlkr
05-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: