PDA

View Full Version : I want to meet Mickey

MOJoe
05-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I asked my 8 yr old son a couple of days ago if there was anything he Really wanted not to miss when we take our WDW trip in June. He thought for a second and said "I want to meet Mickey Mouse." Huh? He has never mentioned that before. Never! So..... Where is the best place to meet Mickey? We will be in WDW for a week, and will visit all 4 parks. Any suggestions?

goofymania101
05-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Hello!
If you are on a search for Mickey, you don't have to look far!:mickey:

Magic Kingdom- Judges Tent (inside his house) in Toontown

EPCOT- Character Connection (near Innovations West) Future World

MGM- He has his own room located on Mickey Ave. He appears there as Sorcerer Mickey

Animal Kingdom- You can find him in Camp Minnie-Mickey. All the characters have their own line, so you have to find his!

Hope this helps!

courtney

DDuck66
05-15-2007, 11:25 AM
I think the best place is at the Character Connection in EPCOT. The characters seem to be more accessible and willing to spend a few minutes interacting with the guests!!!

Hayden's Dad
05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
We met him eight times this past week. All the places mentioned above, plus at the Ohana breakfast, and Tony's Grand Gathering. You shouldn't have a problem at all meeting him.

tlhewitt52
05-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Mickey is easily findable for me the best places would be character connection right when the parks open everyone seems to rush for the rides. I sent my husband for fastpasses and tool the kids we had all the characters pretty much to ourselves they were first in line for Mickey, Minnie, Chip N Dale, Goofy and Pluto they loved it. Also, on Mickey Ave, he is tucked in away from the crowds walking back by the Backlot Studios Tour it was never real busy when we were there a great place to spend time with Mickey!!

hoop de do
05-15-2007, 04:03 PM
I like the Toontown site. We always get our picture with Mickey and it's just you and Mick in a controlled environment. Hope I helped. Have a great vaca. :mickey: :thumbsup:

TiggerRPh
05-15-2007, 05:34 PM
The best place to catch Mickey with minimal wait is in the Studios down Mickey Avenue..just before you get to the entrance to the Backstage Tour.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-16-2007, 09:35 AM
We love to visit Mickey in MGM. We love seeing him as Sorcerer Mickey.:smickey:

All the spots to see him are great. Have fun!!

Oh, My 7 year old son had a cute idea last trip. He felt he was "too old" to have an autograph book (I tried to tell him he wasn't :( ) and is a HUGE baseball fan. So, he found a cute Mickey baseball at one of the stores in MGM and asked Mickey to sign it. The CM had a sharpie on her and he did. He even took a little more time since it was so slow and made a little baseball by his autograph. We have a great pic of that. Just wanted to mention that. I thought it was great thinking.

baby minnie's mommy
05-16-2007, 11:58 AM
We loved the short wait and lush area at Camp Minnie-Mickey (AK). (We were there for Minnie.)
I can't relate to the other options as I haven't tried them.

The character connection at Epcot sounds interesting - can someone describe where it's located? We plan to be at Epcot soon.

Mickey91
05-17-2007, 11:33 AM
We have met Mickey at :

the character connection at EPCOT
Chef Mickeys
Garden Grill
Ohanas
Judges Tent at Toontown Fair
In front of the castle
Camp Minnie and Mickey at AK
Mickey Avenue at MGM
Someimes in front of the hat at MGM

JCDarzi
05-17-2007, 11:45 AM
We've had our best luck at meeting Mickey without lines at Animal Kingdom's Camp MinnieMIckey (shady waiting area and no lines as long as Festival of the Lion King isn't letting out). We also have enjoyed seeing him at character meals such as Chef Mickey at Contemporary and The Garden Grill at Epcot. With small children, we avoid long lines as best as we can. Otherwise the kids are so grumpy we don't get good pictures when we finally get to the character.

MOJoe
05-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Thank you for your responses. DS says he wants to see Sorcerer Mickey, because he has a plush toy of the same. Funny how you don't even know your own child's interests, even when they're in the same room.:blush:
MGM here we come!

katzctkpt
06-15-2007, 10:19 AM
I've not seen Mickey at MGM but, I have seen him at AK & Toontown Judges Tent and Chef Mickey's. You outa try out that character dining.

joanna71985
06-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Mickey is probably the easiest character out of all of them to find. I have seen him at:
*Toontown at MK
*The Hat at MGM
*During SWW, Sounds Dangerous (Jedi Mickey)
*Character Spot at Epcot
*Camp Minnie-Mickey at AK
He also does dining at:
*Chef Mickey's (Contemporary)
*Ohanas (Poly)
*Garden Grill (Epcot)

Also, I have heard that Sorcerer Mickey at MGM is gone unfortunately. He is down right now for SWW (his area is used for merchandise) but I was told he probably will not be back afterwards.

Disneyfamilyoffive
06-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I asked my 8 yr old son a couple of days ago if there was anything he Really wanted not to miss when we take our WDW trip in June. He thought for a second and said "I want to meet Mickey Mouse." Huh? He has never mentioned that before. Never! So..... Where is the best place to meet Mickey? We will be in WDW for a week, and will visit all 4 parks. Any suggestions?

Good Afternoon,
The info from Goofymania101 is pretty right on the very best place to meet Mickey is of course the Judges tent in Toon Town it is a sure bet.

Khfan13
06-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Where is Character Connection, I mean I can tell it is in Epcot, but where exactly? Can someone post some info on it???

joanna71985
06-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Where is Character Connection, I mean I can tell it is in Epcot, but where exactly? Can someone post some info on it???

It's actually now called the Character Spot. It is across from Inoventions.