PDA

View Full Version : AKL Villas

pox24
05-15-2007, 07:53 AM
I 'm a little unclear on what will be available in Sept. Are there studios and 1, 2BR to stay at this year at the existing lodge? The new mailing we got yesterday did not say, nor did the DVD.

Ian
05-15-2007, 09:37 AM
From what we were told, it seems like there will be several levels of accomodations available initially.

I know they have something they call "value accomodations", which is a room that's actually smaller than a normal studio. Then they have the studios, the 1BR's, and the 2BR's (a very limited number of these, I think).

Some of the studios are not savannah view rooms and some are, but I think all of the bigger rooms have savannah views.

Roo Girl
05-15-2007, 10:15 AM
I was told that they are as-we-speak converting the top 2 floors of the AKL into DVC villas. There will be the usual studio rooms, 1 br and 2 br eventually. The rooms are being converted in phases starting this July and continuing to open in phases until late next year. The actual new DVC villas will not be ready until mid-to-late 2009. And boy do they look AWESOME. Keep in mind that the converted AKL rooms will be smaller than the new DVC villas- they are working w/ existing space, etc. so we should be patient and expect the difference in accomodations.