PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quirks....

mickeys_princess_mom
05-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Are there any crazy little Disney things you have to do 'cause you just have to?
Like...I can't pass a Disney store in the mall without at least stepping one foot in, even if I'm just going by and have already done my shopping....I have to go touch the castle as soon as I get to the Magic Kingdom:cloud9: ....and when listening to "Be Our Guest" and it gets to "the kicking part" (big finish--"course-by-COURSE!..."), you have to do the chorus line kicking, even if you're driving or in the middle of a crowded room. :encore:You have no choice. It's a thing.:wave:

mickeys_princess
05-15-2007, 12:20 AM
When im walking down Main Street, no matter whcih direction im headed, I have to walk through the ice cream parlor to smell "the smell" of the waffle cones. :tasty:

And every time down the drop of Splalsh Mountain - gotta throw those hands up! :here:

kakn7294
05-15-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm with you - I can't pass up a Disney Store!

Nini
05-15-2007, 04:53 AM
We LOVE staying at the Wilderness Lodge, and both things I can think of have to do with there...

When we've taken the bus back after a long day at the parks, my husband HAS to ring one of the bells on the walkway just outside the hotel.

When we get in the elevator I have to pat the beaver's head and say "hi beaver". I know, I'm weird!!!:blush:

just2mickey
05-15-2007, 01:44 PM
#1. Must get a new Birnbahm's every year even when they stay the same.

#2. Must touch the slipper on the castle when I go through it.

#3. Must go to MK the first night, no matter how late and must ride Pirates

#4. Must take pictures of the Welcome to the MAgic Kingdom sign every year, no matter how many I have.

bleukarma
05-15-2007, 01:56 PM
I must have a pastry in France when I got to Epcot, no matter how full I am or how much time I have.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I must have a pastry in France when I got to Epcot, no matter how full I am or how much time I have.

:exactly::tasty:

Mickey91
05-15-2007, 10:42 PM
1. Must take a picture of the welcome sign.

2. Must ride the ferry to the MK first day.

3. Must walk down Main Street to Small World for first ride.

4. Must go to the Disney Store if I'm at the mall.

5. Must sing with every Disney song that comes on.

6. Must get Mickey's autograph even if I have 5 on the same day.:mickey:

Belle619
05-17-2007, 11:17 AM
I have to at least look in every gift shop. It really annoys the people I'm with - but I have to make sure that they aren't selling something Disney that I have to have!!!

xipetotec
05-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Well I don't know that it counds as quirky, but we must take a picture of the kids on or next to the "Tonka truck" outside the Honey I shrunk the Audience playground. after 3 trips, every two years, we've really seen them grow. ( The last trip, we took a picture of them in front of the refurb wall :D ).

- Must have Dole Whip

- Sucker for Disney store here as well

- Make hidden Mickeys whenever I'm dealing with circular objects... *always* ( Even have 3 bottle caps glued to my computer monitor ).

- Often say "hiiieee" in a stitch voice to people.

jeeze... maybe I need help :ill: :D

Just kidding, I love it ! :number1:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-17-2007, 07:25 PM
We have to ride POTC for our first ride at MK. :thumbsup:

DH and I have to have our pic taken with Chip and Dale each trip since it was our first pic together on our honeymoon in 1996. We asked a CM each time. Now, our oldest son takes it. :(

DisneyMP3Maker
05-17-2007, 11:08 PM
1. At MK we must ride TTA at least 2 times in a row.

2. MUST have Tollhouse ice cream cookie sandwiches at EPCOT. I know they have them at other parks, but something about EPCOT makes them that much better.

3. Disney Stores are very dangerous for me.

4. Everytime we hear something regarding "main" or "street" we sing a little song "Walkin' down Mainstreet, walkin' down Mainstreet".

5. Go to Downtown Disney first day of trip to get us really ramped up to get into the parks.

6. Have to ride JII at least 5 times during the trip. Figment is my FAVORITE!

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now. Anything Disney, and I mean anything that I see anywhere, I have to go and look at it.