PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Celebration/Fantasmic Dinner Pkg Mix-up - Need Advise

LeeAnn
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
On my DD3 birthday we are going to MGM. I had planned H&V Character Lunch 11:40A and Fantastmic Dinner Pkg @ Mama Melrose 6PM for a Party of 5 (of which 1 was under 1).

Then mom decided to join us. So I changed all ADR (but the Mama Melrose)from a party of 5 to 6. When I called to change Mama Melrose from 5 to 6, the CM told it would not be a problem. Just come in the the extra person. I asked don't you have to note it. The CM said no since you are only adding 1 to a party of 5. Since the others weren't a problem, I sort a believe him. But I was a little uneasy about this so I called today.

Guess what, it is a problem! They say they can't add another person since we are seating at a table for 5. Ask if there was anything they could since it was my DD3 birthday and the other CM said no problem. CM said no. She put me on hold to speak to someone but no luck. She gave the # for Mama Melrose (group Dinning) to see if they can help. Left a message but I don't think they call.

She also said to try the day of in the park. See if they do anything. So we have the ADR but what happens if the can't help us. Can we cancel? Do they charge us? We're on the dinning plan. Don't remember if they got credit card info.

What can I do?

Kairi_7378
05-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh no! What a mess! I'm really sorry that a monkey wrench got thrown in your birthday plans for DD3. :(

I did the Fantasmic Dinner Package in March. Their cancellation policy was as follows: We had to cancel within 48 hours of the dinner reservation. Otherwise, our credit card would have been charged for $10 per person on the reservation. As long as you are more than 48 hours away from your dinner, you should be able to cancel without a problem. They will not charge the dining plan until you "pay" for the meal after you eat it (They bring the bill and you hand them a room key like a credit card.)

Mickey91
05-14-2007, 08:40 PM
So out of your party of 6, 1 one of you isn't even 1? Meaning there is only 5 people actually eating? If this is so, you can hold the baby in your lap if need be. Can't imagine that will be a problem. Good luck!

LeeAnn
05-14-2007, 09:21 PM
I said the same thing that I will hold the baby. But they say for fire safety they cannot do this.

illini
05-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Hm. I didn't think 5-tops were that common. I'd keep calling MM until you actually speak to someone. Some tears (or at least sniffling!) might not hurt, either. :thedolls: I've spoken to the restaurants directly a couple of times and found them ~extremely~ accommodating.

I can also confirm the 48-hour cancellation policy with $10pp no show charge. Just scheduled our last week.

Don't panic yet. Keep calling, and make sure to post if you get some resolution. Good luck!

WelshieLover
05-15-2007, 11:20 AM
In February we had reservations for 10 at 50s Prime Time Cafe. My In-laws decided to join us that day so now we had 12. I went over to the Prime Time earlier in the day and asked if we could add 2 more to our party. They were very accomodating and found a table for all 12 of us. I really think if you ask at Mama Melroses that day you will have no problem especially since one of your party is only a 1 year old.

mrsgaribaldi
05-16-2007, 04:43 AM
I said the same thing that I will hold the baby. But they say for fire safety they cannot do this.

You always see people holding their young kids:confused: Good luck:thumbsup: