PDA

View Full Version : Accident and Health Concern. Pixie Dust Needed

MScholl13
05-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I think in these last two days I've had the roughest time in my short life.

Early Sunday morning I had a wreck heading home to my apartment. I was quite tired and lost control of my car on a steep curve going a little faster then I should have. Luckily noone was involved in the wreck but me and I am fine. Just a little sore in my upper body. Although I am very grateful that I'm not injured my car didn't escape unscathed. The worst part is that I just bought it brand new four months ago. There is minimal damage, but it upsets me nonetheless. I'm a single girl and paying for my deductible and tow truck is going to be difficult for me to pay for.

Today I got a call from my doctor concerning my yearly check-up. A test came back with abnormal cells and now I am being sent to a Gynocologist for a biopsy. She told me that it's not certain I have cervical cancer, but they are wanting to check and make sure that it's not that.

Honestly I'm freaking out. I'm only 23 years old and the thought I could possibly have something terribly wrong with me is upsetting. I know I really shouldn't assume the worst until I go to the doctor, but that is difficult to do.

I definitly could use any prayers or pixie dust you have!:(

*Update*

My doctor's office called me back yesterday to let me know when the appointment was with the other doctor was and it's not until June 7th. I'm not taking this any less seriously, but I think if it were something that they were super concerned about they would have made sure I got in sooner. So that makes me feel a bit better.

I want to thank everyone for all the kind words, prayers and pixie dust. It's really made me feel alot better. I will continue to keep all of you updated on how things go concerning my health.

offwego
05-14-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm sorry your going through all this. Prayers and pixie dust both that the test will come out ok.

And that your car will as well.

mtown71
05-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Wow...sorry to hear about these rough few days. It is a great thing that you weren't killed in the accident. Sorry about the car but look at it this way...you can replace a car, but YOU can't be replaced!!!!!!!
Hope the tests come back fine. Try not to worry so much. (easier said than done, I know)
Prayers & a ton of pixie dust heading your way!

merlinmagic4
05-14-2007, 02:56 PM
:pixie: for a clean report from your doctor. Sounds like a particularly rough week for you. I hope things get brighter soon.

Bethis26fan
05-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Sorry your having a bad week. I hope everything works out for you.

SBETigg
05-14-2007, 08:34 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

So sorry for your rough week, a car wreck and scary news all at once? Yowch. Of course you're worried! And who wouldn't be? But you're right that you shouldn't assume the worst. Hang in there. Best wishes for everything to work out well.

ElenitaB
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Loads of :pixie: heading your way. Sorry that you're going through this rough patch. Hope that it's soon just a memory.

Strmchsr
05-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Lots of :pixie: for you. Hopefully everything comes back clean from the doctor! Keep us posted.

daparish
05-14-2007, 09:23 PM
:hug: It always seems like when it rains it pours. I hope this rough patch is over quickly. I know it's easier said then done but try not to worry.

Cinderelley
05-14-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your car accident.

When I was also 23, I had an abnormal Pap smear. It was "pre-cancerous" cells. They froze that area on my cervix, and I have had clear Pap smears ever since. That was 13 years ago. Just make sure that you get a Pap Smear yearly after this is treated. Some insurance companies only want to pay for every other year, but you can always fight it since you've had an abnormal Pap.

Melanie
05-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time, Melissa. I hope things settle down for you soon, and you get a clean bill of health! :pixie:

marlyn
05-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Melissa, I am so sorry that you are going through this rough spell. I am sending extra powerful :pixie: to you that your test turns out fine.

I am so glad that you were not injured in the accident. Your car can be repaired.

MsMin
05-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Sending :pixie: for a better week.
My dd had an abnormal pap year before last and they sent her to the GYN who found nothing. I'm hoping this is in your case too.

mrsgaribaldi
05-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: on the way. I hope everything turns out good.

Jeff
05-14-2007, 10:55 PM
I'll be praying that your tests come back fine!
Too bad about the new car!

Beast_fanatic
05-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Melissa, :pixie: on the way! :hug:

DVC2004
05-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Melissa, I am so sorry. What a terrible week. I am sending prayers and pixie dust. I am glad you were not seriously injured in the accident.
Probably the testing is just a precaution and I will keep you in my prayers.

DizNee143
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
prayers and pixie dust on the way!! i hope everything works out...please keep us updated!!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

TheDuckRocks
05-15-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the rough time you've been having lately, Melissa. I will keep you in my prayers.

crazypoohbear
05-15-2007, 11:05 AM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:
Sorry to hear about your car. thank God you are okay.
As for the abnormal pap. that is more normal than most people realize.
I had an abnormal pap 26 years ago!, Had my cervix frozen and have been clean every year since. Then in the following years each of my sisters have gone through the same procedure. Not fun but we are all healthy and get yearly paps!!
good luck and keep us posted.