PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT "body" features open?

DShultz
05-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Going this Saturday for a 4 day trip. My 9 year old is set on going to Body Wars and Cranium Command. Been reading that these are not always open. Anyone have any info on if they are scheduled to be open this weekend?

Figment!
05-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately, the Wonders of Life pavilion is not likely to be open during your vacation, it has not been open since the 2006/07 Holiday Season.

The pavilion is on "seasonal" operation which means it is only open during high crowd time periods.

CM~Mserrano
05-14-2007, 08:35 PM
When I worked at Mission: Space last holiday season they basically pulled CMs that had either worked there before or just trained some of them on those attractions. It was only open for at most about a month, I'm thinking early december or so until early Jan. More than likely that's the only time it will be open this year too.

Spaceship Tigger
05-15-2007, 07:13 AM
It would be nice if it was open while SE is closed down. Future World is going to take a major hit with the park's icon under refurb.

MickeysBestPal
05-15-2007, 07:48 AM
It would be nice if it was open while SE is closed down. Future World is going to take a major hit with the park's icon under refurb.

WoL was not open even when TEST TRACK was closed for an extended re-hab last year (a ride that is closer to WoL and with much higher demand than Spaceship Earth) so I wouldn't look for WoL to be open.

We got to go in Dec. last year.
WoL, even when open, was a GHOST TOWN.
Virtually zero guests and many of the "hands-on" attractions were inoperative. Very sad.

indytraveler
05-15-2007, 09:11 AM
We've been over the 4th of July holiday the last few years and WoL has been closed then. It's interesting to see it open at Christmas season. It's sad to see this attraction just being idle. Put something else there to replace if not going to use it as is now.:twocents:

Michigander
05-15-2007, 11:08 AM
We were there during Easter for 2 weeks and at no time was it open.There were high crowds but it stayed closed. I wish that when they do change it they keep C. Comand. My family loves this one. It's so true of what it must be like to be in the head of a 12 year old boy!:mickey:

JPL
05-15-2007, 11:25 AM
WoL was not open even when TEST TRACK was closed for an extended re-hab last year (a ride that is closer to WoL and with much higher demand than Spaceship Earth) so I wouldn't look for WoL to be open.

Actually SSE is one of the most attended attraction in any Disney Park. I believe 90-95% of all guests entering Epcot on a given day ride SSE. I know this number is deceiving since the ride system handles people so efficiently. I am hoping it is open while SSE is close I would love one last ride on Body Wars.

Funcruiser56
05-15-2007, 01:42 PM
It is a real waste that WoL is closed, we loved everything in this pavilion. Especially Cranium Command! Our kids talk about the bikes and activities they used to like to do. It hardly seemed like many CM's worked here,why not open it up more often perhaps with limited parts open.
Otherwise put something else in that prime space!

Bev

psychotekkie
05-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Yes, I noticed last summer, even around Independance Day Weekend it was closed. I was disappointed but did not realize this was a semi-permanent state of affairs.

Perhaps a facelift would draw more crowds so they could keep it going. Get a sponsor. Siemens is doing SSE, so maybe get a pharmaceutical company to rehab the place.