PDA

View Full Version : what is the refurb for SE?

castlelady36
05-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Okay I am sad.:( ...sad:( ....sad :( that Spaceship Earth will not be open the day I arrive July 9th so no last chance to ride unitl 2008 but please tell me they are not changing too much as this is one of my fav's. Does anyone know what is being refurbed? I know the end needs work as it has been empty for some time but what about the ride itself?

Thanks all

Figment!
05-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Details announced so far can be found via our Front Page (http://www.intercot.com/default.asp).

In a press release issued today, Disney announced that remarkable changes will be taking place over the next several months to the Epcot icon. A re-imagined Spaceship Earth presented by Siemens will combine the magic of the attraction's time-travel adventure into the past with a new finale which provides guests the opportunity to imagine their futures. New show scenes will be added to the attraction's story along with new lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, narration and musical score. With phased renovations occurring through the year, Spaceship Earth's makeover is scheduled to be fully completed in early 2008.

Details & Discussion Here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=101701)

castlelady36
05-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks Jason:thumbsup: It does look like it will be very interesting....just wish I could have experienced SE one more time.

Thanks again

battle beast
05-14-2007, 01:53 PM
I hope they don't ttotally ruin the ride. I loved it the only time I rode it, but now I hear about all these "New" changes... I don't know. I'll have to see it again to be sure, when I go in November, but from what I hear, I don't think I'll like the new stuff. But I am open-minded.

Morpheous
05-15-2007, 03:13 AM
Yeah, I feel the same way. Ive only been on it once, the last time I went back in 2005 but I liked it alot the way it was. Unfortunatly Im going to miss out on it this time since Its closed for these changes in july when I'm going. Maybe Im just being a bit negative, but its been my experience with Disneyland that changes to classics arent always that great.

Though I have to admit I did enjoy the changes to space mountain back when they re-did all of Tomorrowland at Disneyland in 96ish (dont remember the exact year).