PDA

View Full Version : What to do around Disneyland

Belle619
05-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Well, I've managed to convince my finace` to go to Disneyland for our honeymoon :woohoo: , but we'll probably spend a few days there and the rest of the week around the southern California area.

Any suggestions of places to go/things to see other than Disneyland? We'll probably just stick to Anaheim and areas south of there - and we'll have a rental car so distance doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the help!!!

mook3y
05-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, I've managed to convince my finace` to go to Disneyland for our honeymoon :woohoo: , but we'll probably spend a few days there and the rest of the week around the southern California area.

Any suggestions of places to go/things to see other than Disneyland? We'll probably just stick to Anaheim and areas south of there - and we'll have a rental car so distance doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the help!!!

Not sure what time of year you are going.

Angels Baseball, Mighty Ducks Hockey are both in Anaheim.

Knotts Berry farm is close.

Newport Beach (lunch/dinner on end of pier is very nice especially at sunset) / Balboa Island / Huntington Beach / Venice - Santa Monica pier.

The Block, The Spectrum or South Coast Plaza (malls)

there are 3 water parks near there, 1 by knotts, raging waters - San Dimas and Wild Rivers - Irvine

Need more ideas, give me an idea of what you like to do and can give you more options. :D

Belle619
05-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Oh, yes, sorry - should have mentioned that this will be the third week of October.

mook3y
05-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Oh, yes, sorry - should have mentioned that this will be the third week of October.

Well you probably wont want to get in the ocean then, will be a little chilly, but it is awesome to walk along the beach, you wont regret it!

If you like to get scared, Knott's has its annual "Knotts Scary Farm" which is a lot of fun. It has several walk through mazes and a lot of the rides have been done up to be scary. Also, has a lot of entertaing shows going on all night long. If you decide to go look into the package that includes dinner before you go. It is a great deal and the food is awesome. Mrs Knott's fried chicken and pies plus other buffett/BBQ staple items. =D and you get in a little early. I have gone 23 seperate years and is one of the biggest things I miss about not living in Southern Calif anymore.

thrillme
05-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Medival Times is a really cool dinner theater with knights and jousting and food to be eaten with your fingers.

About 30-45 minutes in traffic there's Universal Studios. That was a lot of fun. I think Six Flags Magic Mountian is nearby too. It supposed to have AWESOME coasters and it should have a halloween special going on about that time (p.s. If you have a six flags season pass in your area it's good for all six flags).

MNNHFLTX
05-14-2007, 01:51 PM
You might want to head over to the coast and check out some of the beautiful beach areas. Laguna Beach was one of our favorites on our trip to Disneyland last June--rocky cliffs with lots of inlets and coves, perfect for exploring. We also enjoyed Newport Beach, which is even closer and is good for a long stroll.

dlpmikki
05-15-2007, 03:44 AM
The Queen Mary is also worth a visit - fascinating how cruises used to look!

JPL
05-15-2007, 09:55 AM
If you feel like taking a drive you have a few nice attraction in San Diego

Sea World
San Diego Zoo
San Diego Wild Animal Park

I would also recommend Knott's I had a great time there :thumbsup: The park has lots of History much like Disneyland

maizey05
05-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Go to Hollywood and see all those famous sights you see on tv. Check out the stars on the "walk of fame", Gromann's (sp) Chinese Theater and all the cool shops there.

Deesdisney
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I grew up in San Diego and the one place I would go to is Catalina Island. It is a very small island but very romantic. They use to have restaurants that over looked the water. Glass bottom boats and tours. But if you could spend 1 or 2 nights it is very relaxing. We did this for our 1 yr anniversary.

Also the Coronado Hotel is a popular place to visit and relax right on the beach.

Have a great time.

Pongo
05-25-2007, 12:55 AM
With traffic it's going to take a lot longer than 35-45 minutes to get to Universal, but City Walk is a lot of fun. There are some great restaurants there.

Six Flags Magic Mountain would be about another 45 min - 1 hr north of Universal. In the fall they are not open daily, but I'm not sure when in October they go to the weekend only schedule. While there are great rides, it's not a great park.

You can go to tea at the Ritz Carlton. The Orange Hill restaurant is in Orange which is right next to Anaheim and it has great views on Orange County from the patio.

There was a big fire two weeks ago in Catalina so if interested in going there I would investigate.

There is another really interesting restaurant not far from Disneyland called The Hobbit. There is one seating a night and I believe it's a nine course meal. Reservations are a must and you usually have to make them well in advance. They have a website so if you are interested in unique dining experiences you might want to look into that.