PDA

View Full Version : Dvc

dizneyfreek
05-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Does it matter when your use year is? We just bought points at AKV this month (don't remember when we get our points though). Are you restricted from making reservations because of your use year?

Ian
05-14-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't really understand your question? Your use year starts in the month you bought your points (I think).

The only restriction that I know of is the normal 7/11 rules. If you're booking at VAKL, you should be able to book as soon as you have your points.

Am I misunderstanding what you're asking?

mook3y
05-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Does it matter when your use year is? We just bought points at AKV this month (don't remember when we get our points though). Are you restricted from making reservations because of your use year?

Reservation are only limited by this:

a) number of points you have
b) 11 months out you can make reservation for your home resort.
c) 7 months out you can try to make reservation for any other DVC resort.

Use year only effects when you get your points.

GAN
05-14-2007, 01:04 PM
We bought(closed) SSR in Dec 2005 -at that time we were assigned a June Use Year. We received points for 2005, then in June '06 received our allotment of '06 points. I believe Disney determines your Use Year -it isn't the month you purchased. Depending on how they are handling AKV, you may already have points available for use. You should contact Member Services and find out for sure -it should be on any paperwork that you have.

Ian
05-14-2007, 01:12 PM
We bought(closed) SSR in Dec 2005 -at that time we were assigned a June Use Year. We received points for 2005, then in June '06 received our allotment of '06 points. I believe Disney determines your Use Year -it isn't the month you purchased. Depending on how they are handling AKV, you may already have points available for use. You should contact Member Services and find out for sure -it should be on any paperwork that you have.Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot they did tell us that. They do assign your use year to you.

That's why I said "I think", because there was something lingering in the back of my head telling me that might not be right.

GAN
05-15-2007, 05:44 AM
Of course, it could be in the month you bought -but that would be coincidental.

FiggyFan
05-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Are you restricted from making reservations because of your use year?

Keep in mind that when making a reservation, what matters is how many points you will have when the time of the trip comes up - not how many points you do have on the day you call.

For example, if you have a June use year and used all of your June 2006 points on a trip last fall, you can book for November 2007 now using your June 2007 points, since they will be available in time for the trip.