PDA

View Full Version : Sixty-five hours in Florida--Day 2

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
05-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Day 2: AK and MK
We were up at 7:30 this morning and again skipped breakfast so we could catch an earlier bus to the Animal Kingdom. We managed to get there just at opening and formulated a plan. We really only wanted to go on 2 things: Expedition Everest and the Kilamanjaro Safari. We decided to hit the safari first and then go to Everest since only DH wanted to ride that one and he figured he could do the single riders line. There was about a 15 minute wait at the safari and we had one of the best drivers ever. He was very interactive and told us some facts we had never heard before. We saw tons of animals including the baby giraffe, the baby elephant and two cheetahs. I liked the updated story without Big Red and Little Red. We walked back to Asia and Everest. The single rider’s line was not yet open, but the regular line had only a 20 minute posted wait. We decided to let DH ride while I did a bit of shopping and we’d meet back near the entrance to head to the MK. Actually, the wait was only about 10 minutes so DH rode twice! In the meantime, I did some shopping and bought a couple more trinkets to take home. We were headed out the entrance at about 11:15 or so and there was a bus right there waiting to take us to the TTC so we could get to the Magic Kingdom. We walked in the front gates there at about 11:45.

The most important business of the day was to stop at the hat shop by the entrance to get 6 sets of mouse ears. DS is in a teen theater production of Disney’s High School Musical which is playing at home next weekend. My job was to get personalized ears for director’s gifts. We left the names and ears at the shop and arranged to pick them up later on our way out. With that done, we decided to grab some lunch and got hotdogs and fries at Casey’s. We were able to get a table outside that was shaded and the piano player entertained while we ate. He was great…I knew a lot of the songs, but didn’t sing along!! Once our bellies were full, we went over to see about the wait at Pirates of the Caribbean. It was only 5 minutes so we went right in. I love the new additions, especially Jack Sparrow. We then had a very busy afternoon of riding including Mickey’s Philharmagic (we love this one!!), TTA, Carousel of Progress, Buzz Lightyear (twice), It’s a Small World, Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain (with a fastpass). We took the train around from Frontierland to Main Street and got there in time to go up on the balcony and watch the flag retreat for the day. I certainly hope those folks next to us that remained seated during the playing of the National Anthem were from outside of the USA.

We didn’t know what to do for dinner. We thought Columbia Harbor House sounded good and on the park hours sheet for the day it stated that closing time for that restaurant depended on park hours. Well, when we got there about 6:30, it was closed. We ended up at Pecos Bills and had good food there. We were then able to ride Big Thunder Mountain twice with only about a 5 minute wait each time. We walked back to PoC and rode again with just a 5 minute wait. DH then went to use previously obtained FP for Space Mountain while I again did some shopping and picked up packages from earlier in the day. He ended up riding 3 times! He called me when he was done and we met on the bridge to Tomorrowland and went down on the pathway to the gazebo to watch Wishes. This was a great place to see Tinkerbell fly and also for the fireworks. I’m going to remember this for our vacation in July. After Wishes, we got ice cream and sat to eat it. Once the park seemed to be clearing out quite a bit we made our way to the front and caught a bus back to the Pop. We toyed with the idea of going to EPCOT one last time since it was evening Extra Magic Hours that day, but decided we were just too old and tired! Tomorrow morning we leave for home.

mrsgaribaldi
05-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Sounds like a busy day but great. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Jimenyfan
05-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Looks like this was a great time of year to be at WDW your wait times were minimal. Sounds like another great day.

dizne4me
05-14-2007, 01:35 PM
What a great trip report! I do have to say that I am completely jealous...I love the idea of leaving the kids at home and going to the world - just the hubby and me...going at our own pace...Well, maybe next year...oh, just dreaming again. Thanks for the dream.

crazypoohbear
05-14-2007, 08:36 PM
you got quite a bit accomplished today. Can't wait to read the rest.

Bethis26fan
05-14-2007, 08:41 PM
wow thanks for sharing.

pogo
05-14-2007, 10:09 PM
You guys sure had another great day.:thumbsup:

I guess I have to read your sad day report next.:(

Thanks for sharing. :D

faline
05-15-2007, 06:35 AM
A totally wonderful day! Thanks for the report!

Bethanymouse
05-15-2007, 07:10 AM
I love the mouse ears idea! Another great day! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
You certainly managed to pack a lot of fun into this last day. You did so many of my favorites! :thumbsup: Thank you for sharing.

January-2007
05-15-2007, 10:14 AM
That sure sounds like a busy day! So glad you had fun! Thanks for reporting :thumbsup:

offwego
05-15-2007, 03:38 PM
:thumbsup: A fun day thanks for sharing with us!

sleepingbooty
05-15-2007, 04:15 PM
What a great day! Thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
05-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

TKDisneylover
05-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow, you really had a full day with lots of rides & shopping. Great way to squeeze it all in in such a short time! Sad to hear tomorrow you go home:(

DizNee143
05-24-2007, 04:01 PM
wow..what a full day..glad you guys got to do so much...sounds like you had a good fun day!!! :mickey: