PDA

View Full Version : getting a table without ADR's?

disneydina
05-13-2007, 08:40 PM
i can't get ADR's for dinner @ Chef Mickey's, O'hanas, and whispering canyon until after 8:30 - 9:00 june 20-27. What are the chances of showing up and getting a table (with a wait, of course)? i thought maybe earlier the time in the evening the better? has anyone had any luck with this during a busy time of year like this? any tips at all would be so appreciated, I'm desperate! thank you!!!!

Natazu
05-14-2007, 06:35 AM
If they're not accepting ADRs for that time frame, the chances of getting a table as a walk-up is next to impossible. When they are that booked, they generally don't accept walk-up guests at all. Sorry.

bicker
05-14-2007, 06:35 AM
"It could happen"... :)

However, I wouldn't count on it, if you arrive after 5PM or before 8PM. Those three restaurants are extremely popular.

SBETigg
05-14-2007, 07:27 AM
I would accept any time you can get if you really want to eat there, then keep calling back periodically to see if there are any cancellations for earlier. Best wishes.

vamaggie
05-14-2007, 07:57 AM
I would: 1) take whatever ADR you can get (as long as the kids will be awake!) 2) keep calling back to see if you can get an earlier cancellation 3) go early (like 4:15) to see if you can get a walk in. If it is early enough, even a longer wait may not be too bad. I have never eaten at any other CR place but I know at Poly & WL, there are other options (Capt Cook, Roaring Forks) if the wait is too long. All 3 resorts are also fun to walk around if you have to wait. Good Luck!!

milhouse
05-14-2007, 10:11 AM
We had reservations at the Concourse Steakhouse last Wed around 5:30. My wife walked over to Chef Mickey's to see if we could get in there. No luck. The steakhouse ended up being our best meal of the week. The food was outstanding and the service was great (thanks Lori!)

Pretty much everywhere we ate last week the restauraunts were turning away walk ups or telling them to come back around 8pm. Yikes.

baby minnie's mommy
05-14-2007, 12:36 PM
We have the same problem! We've been trying every day the past couple weeks for an opening at Chef Mickey's or Cal. Grill, and nothing except CG after 9:00. Too late for my toddler. We're hoping for a walkup, too. It'll be Memorial weekend, though.
The first time we tried for Crystal Palace it was booked, but then I called again and we got in! So we're very happy about that! It was our 2nd choice after Chef M. That also means there is some hope for the other restaurants! Keep calling! (Oh, and you might want to reserve a 2nd choice right now, then cancel if you get your 1st choice.) Hope it goes well for you!:mickey:

Speedy1998
05-14-2007, 12:45 PM
I am afraid the days of being able to walk up and get a table are pretty much over except during the slowest parts of the year.

TiggerRPh
05-14-2007, 11:43 PM
i can't get ADR's for dinner @ Chef Mickey's, O'hanas, and whispering canyon until after 8:30 - 9:00 june 20-27. What are the chances of showing up and getting a table (with a wait, of course)? i thought maybe earlier the time in the evening the better? has anyone had any luck with this during a busy time of year like this? any tips at all would be so appreciated, I'm desperate! thank you!!!!

It's worth checking out...but I wouldn't count on it.

kmo84
05-15-2007, 04:17 PM
You are taking a big chance not having an ADR. There's no harm in trying, but I have not been able to get a walk up ANYWHERE in some time.

The last three times we have been, we make ADR's for our meals before we do any other planning. It's just easier to know when/where we are eating rather than hoping we can get in somewhere.

Good luck!

MOJoe
05-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Better plan on a late dinner.
I'd rather 'know' that i am going to eat at 9:00 than show up at 6:00 and eat at 8:45.

kcrc
05-18-2007, 12:36 PM
When we went to Disney last May, we hadn't been in awhile - and didn't realize how rabid people were with the dinner reservations! But, I must say, we were able to get a table at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and at Ohana's for dinner without a reservation. We did show up toward the earlier part of their operating hours, but in both cases we were seated within 10 minutes of arriving. Maybe we got really lucky??

So, would I guarantee it? No. Would I try it? Absolutely!

Tygger7
05-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Since you have little ones, I wouldn't attempt trying to get in on a walk-up basis. Something else to remember...find out what time each restaurant begins serving dinner. If I'm remembering correctly, Whispering Canyon doesn't open for dinner until 5pm. When I've made reservations, I've never been able to get in anywhere before 5pm.

As others have suggested...take whatever reservations you can get and check back for cancellations.

Good luck!:ewok: