PDA

View Full Version : Disney College program

dumbo ears
05-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I have heard a lot about the college program but I haven't really heard exactly whats its for. i have a few questions to ask.

1. Do people who have done it like it?
2. If I wanted to be an engineer for disney wold they give me a scholorship at Georgia tech?
3. What do you get in reward for working for the company for a summer?
4. How much do you get in scholorships?
5. What kind of jobs would you do if you were working for them in the Summer?
6. Last, how does it basically work?

Beast_fanatic
05-13-2007, 10:52 PM
This probably won't answer all of your questions, but here's the link to the college program web-site (http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/disneycollegeprogram/).

I'm sure others that have done the program will be along soon to further clarify.

Figgyluv03
05-14-2007, 12:47 PM
1. Do people who have done it like it?
I absolutely love it! I would have stayed longer, but 9-11 happened and I was young and scared and needed to be with my family.

2. If I wanted to be an engineer for disney wold they give me a scholorship at Georgia tech?
I don't believe they give scholorships, but things might have changed over the past six years.

3. What do you get in reward for working for the company for a summer?
It's DISNEY!! Going to the parks for free! Meeting new people and learning to live with complete strangers!

4. How much do you get in scholorships?
Again, don't know anything about scholorships.

5. What kind of jobs would you do if you were working for them in the Summer?
You can work anywhere. I was a lifeguard hostess at CBR. My roommate worked CS in MK. My best friend had the coolest job. He worked at Epcot and worked wherever someone called out. If no one called out, then he would hang out backstage and play games until the parade and then came out for crowd control.

6. Last, how does it basically work?
Well, we had a few reps come to my college. We watched a presentation, then we were assigned times to actually interview. I interview with another person. After the interview we had to wait about a month for our leters. Of course, I was the last one from my college to get accpeted. They give a day and time to report. You also need to log onto a website and accpet the offer. They will send a whole packet with what you need and where you will need to go and stuff like that. Once you get down there, they have set up and ready to go.

murphy1
05-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Have you looked at Hope Scholarship? Ga Tech is a Hope school. My dh is a GT grad and Disney will look good on your resume. He interviewed with them after college, but the pay was horrible, however in college it is a great place to do a co-op or an internship in engineering. I went to school in Florida and see them marketing a lot more to college students than they did when I was going back in late 80's. You should definitely talk to them and convey how much you want to work there and be very positive, they love that. Any job experience you can get in college is worthwhile. Good luck!