PDA

View Full Version : best/cheapest off property accomodations?

casey@bat
05-13-2007, 05:09 PM
We are suppose to go and stay with a friend for one week this summer in Kissimmee. Now I just found out that this may not work. We already have ressie for the Princess lunch at Norway. I don't want to cancel. We were going to go to Epcot one day, MK one day and maybe a water park.

What is the cheapest, but still nice, off property hotel? We always stay on property. This was just an extra trip and the accomodations were free.

HELP!

felix18
05-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi, you don't say what you want to pay but we found a good price for a 2 room jr. suite at the Marriott Courtyard on Palm Parkway when we went in March. Nice hotel and very clean, just around the corner from Downtown Disney and a quick trip to the parks. It is a place I would go back to anytime and they do run specials. Good luck and have a great trip:mickey:

TikiGoddess
05-13-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm looking through my Unofficial Guide and here's what I see:

For rooms under $50, these hotels were the highest ranked:

Days Inn Eastgate (about 15 min to parks)
Econo Lodge Polynesian Resort (13 min to parks)
Red Roof Inn Kissimmee (16 min to parks)
Econo Lodge Maingate

Hotels listed as $50-75/night:

Travelodge SUites Eastgate (13 min to parks)
Howard Johnson Enchanted Land
Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate

Tripadvisor is a great place to find reviews, although it always seems to me that you'll find people who LOVE the place and then people who HATE the place. Gotta look at the majority of visitors I guess.

The only places I've stayed offsite in the past couple of years are: Caribe Royale ($100 per night, two room suite, nice hotel, would stay again) and the Ramada Inn Maingate. Both hotels were super close to WDW. The Ramada Inn was about $55 night (AAA rate) a couple years ago, and the first two times we stayed there it was fine. The next time the room was pretty worn, don't know if we got a bad room or our standards had risen since the last trip!

TikiG

casey@bat
05-14-2007, 10:00 AM
The only places I've stayed offsite in the past couple of years are: Caribe Royale ($100 per night, two room suite, nice hotel, would stay again) and the Ramada Inn Maingate. Both hotels were super close to WDW. The Ramada Inn was about $55 night (AAA rate) a couple years ago, and the first two times we stayed there it was fine. The next time the room was pretty worn, don't know if we got a bad room or our standards had risen since the last trip!

TikiG

This is just the advice I was looking for. Thanks.

Beckybalz
05-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I would try using Priceline or Hotwire if you want an inexpensive, but nice room.

minnie-mouse
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
We have stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn before and found it to be very nice and reasonably priced. Just a 1 minute drive into WDW too, and right around the corner from Goodings and other small shops.

bratmaster
05-15-2007, 01:18 PM
although we have not stayed there yet, our upcomnig trip in june we are going to comfort suites maingate east. I did a lot of research, and it is a platinum winning hotel, disney good neighbor. We will be getting a suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa sleeper for $89/night. It also has a mini kitchen and a free continental breakfast buffet daily. It's rated pretty good on trip advisor. Hope that helps!
the website if you want to check it out: comfortsuitesfl.com

Lynn J Mc
05-15-2007, 04:28 PM
We are staying at the Comfort Suites Maingate East for one night this coming Saturday. I'll let you know how it is when we get back.

snifflesmcg
05-15-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't know if you are a AAA member or not but if you are, you can go to the AAA office and ask for the Florida Tour book. It offers, by city, hotels and prices. I found some really great prices when I stayed in Kissimmee in 2001. Good luck.

cdforbes
05-15-2007, 05:02 PM
I have stayed at the Radisson Resort Parkway and it is nice. The rooms were very clean and I think we got a rate of $79 per night... Whatever you choose I am sure you will have a great time!!!!:mickey: :mickey:

Mrs.Mickey
05-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Last year me and the hubby stayed at the Hampton Inn maingate east. We loved it, was under a hundred a night, had free breakfast and was right next to disney plus grocery store and resturants. It is actually right next to the Arabian Nights Theater if you know where that is. Good luck and have fun! :mickey:

crazypoohbear
05-16-2007, 07:53 PM
What about staying at a Value? It's about the same price as the other hotels quoted and if it's just the two of you the rooms would be plenty large enough. Plus if you are flying down youl could use magical express and not rent a car

ftwildernesskid
05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
I've stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate with my family. It was nice. The breakfast was good. The pool was great, and I think there was even a hot tub. The rooms were clean and average size. It was definitely a positive experience and I'd stay there again. Hope this helps.