PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or them??

princessjojo
05-13-2007, 03:16 PM
The other day I was in a store and saw some of the Disney jibbets for my crocs. I was looking thru them and bought 6. I paid for them as well as some other things with my Disney Visa card. The clerk made a remark such as "oh this is Disney, too. I take it you like Disney, huh?" Then I got in my truck that has the silver mickey head silouhette stuck on the doors of the back and my stick family sticker with mickey ears on the other door glass at the back. The clerk just looked as I drove off and shook her head.

So I guess my question is, am I taking things a little too far or is it just them. What she didn't know is that I had 5 Disney cd's in the truck and a planning guide in the back along with who knows what else at home.

I just love all things Disney and get excited even when the Visa statement comes so I can see how many more rewards points I have.

mrsgaribaldi
05-13-2007, 03:45 PM
My opinion is that if it makes you happy, it's just the right amount. I go to work wearing my blue POFQ jacket, with a mickey mouse id holder on my shoulder, and my Intercot jacket when it's chilly. I feel great:thumbsup: :mickey:

mickey&missy
05-13-2007, 04:20 PM
There's no "over doing" something you love! Some people just don't get the Disney thing that we all have. I say its their loss!

TikiGoddess
05-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Be happy that you've found something that makes you just light up with joy! There are a lot of people (including my own family) that don't understand my obsession, but as long as it doesn't bankrupt me or depress me, I will keep on being Disney obsessed.

Keep visiting Intercot. We Understand You Here.:grouphug:

TikiG

TennesseeTink
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM
My 65-year-old aunt used to be obsessed with Beanie Babies. She had hundreds of them; she would camp outside the stores the night before a new one was to be released. Totally obsessed! I can remember thinking that it was a bit odd. But now I have my own obsession-anything Disney, especially Tinkerbell - and I understand her completely.

Besides it's kinda cool to see another vehicle covered in Disney stuff or hear Disney ringtones on other people's phones. You feel a sorta bond with them.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-14-2007, 10:55 AM
So I guess my question is, am I taking things a little too far or is it just them. .

It's them. :wave::crazy:

angedeaile
05-14-2007, 01:07 PM
....Besides it's kinda cool to see another vehicle covered in Disney stuff or hear Disney ringtones on other people's phones. You feel a sorta bond with them.

It's TRUE! Just the other day, I saw someone with a mickey antenna topper and a DVC license plate on the front of their van and I got so excited!

I haven't disneyfied my car, but I am just as much of a disney nut.

At work, I get eye rolls daily since I am usually on Intercot, working on my Disney spreadsheet or looking at DW pics.

As my boss said just the other day when he caught me on Intercot, "You really want to go to Disney don't you?" :yes:

Marker
05-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Everyone has their passion. Be it Disney, Baseball, Football, Golf, NASCAR, whatever. Makes no difference to me if they find my Disney obsession odd. I don't do it to please them, I do it to please me.

Besides, there are worse things. I'd much rather see a Disney sticker on someone's vehicle, than a sticker showing someone, shall we say soiling, a make of car different from their own. Something like that is intended to be insulting or offensive, a Disney sticker is intended to bring a smile.

Figgyluv03
05-15-2007, 12:31 PM
You can never over do Disney! I absolutely love it and although DBf thinks I'm completely crazy, he's starting to get it. He told his mom how that all I want to do for our honeymoon is go to Disney and get the bride and groom ears. I just have no desire to go sit on the beach and drink for a week straight.

Willowwind
05-15-2007, 12:53 PM
What makes me sad is when I try to connect with a customer (connecting is a big thing in my company) over their Disney CC and the person who had the card *isn't* a Disney fan! You would not believe how many people out there have a Disney CC but don't give a zippity-do-dah. WHY!? I just don't understand.

Bring your Disney card on over to our shop, we'll connect and do the Disney gook thing, you'll leave with a blue bird on your shoulder.

It's them.:thumbsup:

grumpyguy
05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
everybody's right,if it makes you happy,do it.
i often hope people ask me about my disney obsession,just so i can display my wealth of knowledge about wdw.i proudly wear a collared
grumpy shirt to work at least once a week,that's always good for a conversation.
heck with 'em ..be happy:cloud9: support the house of the mouse even from home.
gg out:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

January-2007
05-15-2007, 07:49 PM
It's them.

2Epcot
05-15-2007, 08:31 PM
At work, I get eye rolls daily since I am usually on Intercot, working on my Disney spreadsheet or looking at DW pics.:

I'm often given a hard time by some of my coworkers too, when they come to my room and see that I'm on Intercot. Most of the time I just ignore them, since I know they don't understand my love for Disney.

GrmGrninGost
05-15-2007, 08:56 PM
:mickey: Definitely them!:mickey:

LittleSpirit02
05-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Don't stop doing something you love because someone else makes quick judgements. Everyone has something and Disney is one of yours. Nothing wrong with that. (In fact, I think you'll find a few thousand people like you around here... ;)).

Mickey91
05-15-2007, 10:34 PM
It's them...and they are probably the first in line to ask your advice on a Disney trip. We get haggled all the time. Then, the same people who make fun are the ones who need to know everything about going down there. And, of course we can't say sorry, you poked fun figure it out yourself! NOOOO, we love Disney sooooo much we go on automatic pilot and tell everything!!!:mickey:

CrazyStitch
05-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Well, today I put on my Transformers tshirt, grabbed my cellphone with Autobot wallpaper and Transformer-theme ringtone, grabbed my keys with a Autobot keychain, hopped in my car with Autobot magnet on the back, and then when I get home I'll hop online and listen to my Transformers music while surfing Transformers messageboards (right after which I'll browse Intercot again :D) and dusting my 400+ Transformers collection....

It's something you love, and you're not hurting anyone. So, yeah, it's them :)