PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's Club

DizneyFreak2002
05-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Please tell me about The Adventurer's Club... I have never been, but plan on it this time around.... Is there an admission charge? Is the show continuous or does it have set running times? Is there a place to eat or drink there? Any and all information will be appreciated....

TKDisneylover
05-13-2007, 03:43 PM
The Adventurers Club is a great place to check out. The atmosphere is fun with everyone laughing and having a great time. Watch out for the bar stools!

If you click on the theme parks tab at the top of this thread you will see a section on Downtown Disney, then click Pleasure Island and there it lists prices & times of events (single/multi club admission, etc). They do not serve food but there are many places to eat in the area, and it is a full service bar. Have a great trip!

Kungaloosh! (this would be a drink, & a :cheers: at the Adventurers Club)

debandbub
05-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Adventurer's Club is awesome! So much fun... I don't think they have any food there, but lots of fun drinks. The shows are all done in the different "rooms" in the club, and there are several each night. The cast members will make announcements about when to go to which room for which show. Don't feel like you have to hit them all, especially if you plan on visiting a few times during your trip (which I would definitely reccommend!) There's usually a lot going on in the main part of the club, too. A fun thing if you do go several times in one trip---the cast members are sometimes the same, but play different parts, so it always seems "fresh". We stumbled upon Adventurer's Club by accident several years agao, and now it is without a doubt always one of the highlights of our trips! KUNGALOOSH!

sly1
05-13-2007, 06:42 PM
We also stumbled upon it a few years ago and it has become a regular part of every trip. Although it has a bar children are still allowed and we take ours. The shows are clean humor and our children love it as much as we do. It is well worth checking out.:thumbsup:

The Joker
05-14-2007, 04:30 AM
It is an awesome place! One of the most addictive places in WDW...

But it IS a bar and some people get drunk. Not a place I would promote to take your (young) children.

TKDisneylover
05-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Although it has a bar children are still allowed and we take ours. The shows are clean humor and our children love it as much as we do. It is well worth checking out.:thumbsup:

This can be common until about 9:00, then things start to become a bit more "adult". If there are families remaining at that time sometimes the cast members will throw out little comments about people who take their kids to bars. No offense, just an observation.

snifflesmcg
05-14-2007, 08:04 AM
The Adventurers Club is always a "must do" on my trips. It's a house setting (more or less) and the 1930's characters break out into banter while you are sipping your beverages and tell stories with cheesy humor. It's always a good time :thumbsup: . You may enter Pleasure Island for free but admission is charged at the door to get into the club. You can just buy a ticket and get into all of the bars (you'll get a little wristband) :beer:

snifflesmcg
05-14-2007, 08:05 AM
Oh I forgot to write.....the show is continuous. There aren't any show times, just show up and something eventually will happen.

AdventurerKim
05-15-2007, 11:55 AM
The show is continuous, but some shows happen at specific times, like those in the library and in the Mask and Treasure Rooms. The times are posted downstairs in the club.

Kungaloosh to all adventurers! :marg:

TheAdventurer
05-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Kungaloosh!! :beer:

Kim is right, there are show times for the shows in the three show rooms. But if there's a show in the Library and nothing going on in the Mask or Treasure room, often the cast that's not in the Library show will come into the main room and interact with the guests (in charcter, of course!). Also, there are a few "events" in the main room that aren't listed, like the new member initiation.

You need a multi club pass to get in the AC (single club pass isn't good for AC or the Comedy Warehouse). And there are drink specials on Thursdays and Sundays (at least there has been for awhile and were in December, but that could have changed)

Twinsowner
05-18-2007, 09:41 PM
My wife an I visited AC in october and found it to be very entertaining. The only problem we had was being so scared they were going to call on us that it made it hard to relax and truly enjoy it. Is there any way to let them know that you are just there to observe? Or do you just have to try and queitly sit in the back of the room. we went into the mask room and it was crowded and some of the visitors were put on the spot. Especially atrractive females. This made us uncomfortable and eventually we left even though we found the show enjoyable. Any advice?

Maleficent's Dad
05-18-2007, 09:52 PM
The Adventurer's Club is, IMHO, the best "Disney" place on PI. In fact, we find it the only real "DISNEY" place on PI! :mickey: :thumbsup:

Head in to the place (you'll need a PI club ticket) and have a drink - sit at the bar stools and wait...something will happen! ;) :secret:

It's just good fun. Very Disney. Very fun!

Kungaloosh! :marg: :beer:

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Does anyone know what is in a Kungaloosh? I don't drink very often, so I don't want to fall on the floor halfway through my first drink. Do they have a non-alcoholic version?

snifflesmcg
05-19-2007, 02:22 AM
I looked it up and I found two versions of it.

Old Kungaloosh Recipe -- Circa 1997
1 1/4 ounce vodka
1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
3/4 ounce Midori (melon liqueur)
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 splash cranberry juice

Mix well.

New Kungaloosh Recipe -- since 2000 or so

1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy

Toss it in a blender with enough ice to make it slushy.
:marg: :marg: :marg:

mrsgaribaldi
05-19-2007, 07:14 AM
My wife an I visited AC in october and found it to be very entertaining. The only problem we had was being so scared they were going to call on us that it made it hard to relax and truly enjoy it. Is there any way to let them know that you are just there to observe? Or do you just have to try and queitly sit in the back of the room. we went into the mask room and it was crowded and some of the visitors were put on the spot. Especially atrractive females. This made us uncomfortable and eventually we left even though we found the show enjoyable. Any advice?

We were sitting in the back for Samantha Sterling's cabaret show and we were nabbed. My wedding anniversary was the next night and I forgot how many years:blush:
So then DH thinks on another visit that if we sit right on the stage in the seats on the right and left of the stage we will be ok. He was on stage for about 5-7 minutes, grilled about ours lives together, and then had to do a dance for me:secret:
Another time, he thinks we will sit in the middle and blend in. Pamelia Perkins gets his name and talks to him through out the show. That is until he has to get up on stage and dance:blush: I really think no place is safe. And they love to pick on him, which I love. he did get a very nice pin for his participation ( and I got some great video);)

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I looked it up and I found two versions of it.

Old Kungaloosh Recipe -- Circa 1997
1 1/4 ounce vodka
1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
3/4 ounce Midori (melon liqueur)
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 splash cranberry juice

Mix well.

New Kungaloosh Recipe -- since 2000 or so

1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy

Toss it in a blender with enough ice to make it slushy.
:marg: :marg: :marg:

Hmm, maybe I'll have to share one with my friend esp. if they pick me to get up and dance. :D

Twinsowner
05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Well thanks a lot Stephanie!! That just makes me feel a whle lot better....hehe. Guess we will have to watch from the balcony!!!!