PDA

View Full Version : 8 year old boy with cancer - can you help?

Flower
05-13-2007, 10:51 AM
There is a little boy in Ontario Canada that will be turning 8 on May 30th - his name is Shane Bernier. Shane has been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Lukemia.

Shane's wish is that he makes the Guiness Book of World Records by receiving 350 MILLION birthday cards by May 30th, internet reports show that he has 250,000.

If you google Shane Bernier birthday wish you should get a bunch of information on his dream, as well as his address to send the cards to.

Brandon and I are going to spend some time today making birthday cards for Shane - I can't think of a better way to spend mothers day then trying to spread some cheer to a sick little boy.

(FYI - SNOPES has listed this as TRUE and not a hoax in case anyone was wondering!)

Damon18
05-13-2007, 01:29 PM
My daughter and I have sent him cards already. I can confirm it is true as he has been on the news here a while back.

SodaPopMGK
05-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the information, I will make sure to send a card.

ElenitaB
05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks for posting the Snopes "verdict" as that was where I was headed...

Look like it's we'll be sending some cards out this week!

offwego
05-14-2007, 10:13 AM
My DS's class did this last week...so we are covered but it is indeed true.

Mickey'sGirl
05-14-2007, 10:14 AM
DS8's school has been making cards for Shane over the past few weeks. He is a friend of one of the teachers, and I can tell you this is absolutely a true story -- cross my heart. Please share this with any of your friends or family who can help this brave kid achieve his dream.:thumbsup:

BrerSchultzy
05-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow.

My wife and I are making cards right now...and I'm sending it around to the folks at work. What a great story! Thank you Flower! And remember, keep Shane in your prayers, and try sending as much :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: as you can spare!

Go Shane!

Flower
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for helping everyone!

Yesterday at Walmart (Oshawa) they had a box set up to receive cards, and Shanes story printed on the front of it.

I learned of Shanes story through a local scrapbook store. The owner has a table set up for people to make cards and she will be sending them to Shane.

Lets hope he reaches his goal!