PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat at AK?

GrmGrninGost
05-12-2007, 11:25 PM
We love the Tusker House for lunch. Unfortunately, it will be closing as a CS restaurant. That leaves us with a problem. We'll be there in Sept. with no clue where to eat lunch that day. DKs don't like BBQ and we're having pizza at MGM the day before. Are there any other CS restaurants in AK we might be missing? If not, are there any good CS restaurants at AKL?:mickey:

Mickeydream
05-12-2007, 11:58 PM
We are in the same boat as you. We'll be in WDW just after Tusker House closes and also were wondering which CS to do while in AK. According to Info Central there will be a brand new counter service opening in Asia in late 2007. That will be great. :mickey:

Pop Centurion
05-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Since the DK's don't like BBQ I can't recommend anything in AK. As far as AKL the only CS is Mara.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/mara.asp

dumbo ears
05-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I would say the rainforest cafe.

Spaceship Tigger
05-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Sounds like you have the same problem we do in September and are pretty much our of luck. The only CS you didn't mention is Restaurantosaurus and it's just burgers and McDonalds fries. This problem has actually caused us to probably leave AK before lunchtime and go somewhere more worthwhile. I guess it doesn't take too long to ride EE and the safari, anyway.

goofiecrazy
05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
We eat over in dino land in the McDonalds in there. They have a bunch of different things that u cant get a regular McDonalds.

Mickey91
05-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Sounds like you have the same problem we do in September and are pretty much our of luck. The only CS you didn't mention is Restaurantosaurus and it's just burgers and McDonalds fries. This problem has actually caused us to probably leave AK before lunchtime and go somewhere more worthwhile. I guess it doesn't take too long to ride EE and the safari, anyway.

We are thinking the same thing. Probably heading over to AKL. Never been over there and thought we would look around. If we still have stuff we want to do at AK we will go back but might just go back to our resort and try Old Man Island.