PDA

View Full Version : Have you checked the calendar?

PhilHarHarMagic
05-12-2007, 11:18 PM
I find myself checking the calendar of events on the WDW website and then thinking about being there when the time comes up for that day. I guess the next logical step would be to get the video out.

Anyone else do that (or something similar)? It somehow makes it better because I can't be there. (MK opened at 9 EDT this morning, Spectro was at 9 and Wishes at 10 tonight!)

Mickey91
05-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Yes. I must admit, I do that too.:mickey: I also watch the planning videos and then the family vacation videos. I am now marking my calendar with mickey ears to count down my trip in Sept!! I also look and see what the weather is for the lucky souls who are there! Then I get on Intercot and look through the menus and rehabs etc. Anything to keep the Disney juices flowing!

Did I mention that I usually have the Theme Park CDs playing too??:mickey:

disney100%
05-13-2007, 12:15 PM
I always watch the vacation planning video. I even sucker my DH and parents into watching it with me sometimes. :blush:

Other than that, I spend a lot of time looking at Disney websites and start mentally planning where I'd like to stay, eat, etc for my next trip (even if I have absolutely no idea when that will be!).

The other day I was visiting my parents and we took out our album from our first trip (1986) and reminisced about being there. Of course, after sharing memories, we then made fun of each other's clothes, hair style, etc. All I have to say is there were a lot of short shorts going on at the parks back then - men and women!

DisneyGiant
05-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I miss the live webcams the WDW site used to have. I'd turn that on at all different times of the day.......

mickey&missy
05-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I do it too! But I'm way more guilty of watching the videos on google video! When I'm going through my "I want to go to WDW now!" or "I can't wait until March" or just generally feeling a little down they perk me right up! Especially watching Wishes!

TikiGoddess
05-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for reminding me -- I want to check the calendar for my dates in July and make sure nothing has changed!

Yup, watched the planning video the other night (when DH was out and wouldn't be able to make fun of me!). Now I'm opening my spreadsheet on a daily basis and checking to see what I might ahve forgotten. Once June hits I'll start packing, or at least checking to see if the girls have enough clothes for the trip.

Add all that to my weekly trips to the Disney store, lunch at the Rainforest Cafe once a month or so (including tomorrow, all by myself!), and all the podcasts and music and I think you can call me pretty obsessed. And proud of it! :)

TikiG

Figgyluv03
05-14-2007, 12:59 PM
My brothers and I use to love watching the planning videos. We had a huge collection and when we were home the one day, my mom got ride of them all. They were so old, they had Horizons on there and old JIYI. Argh! But, yes, I've started a new collection and I love watching them! I can just imagine being there and I do check the times too! Nothing like visualizing what is happening at that very same moment down the coast!

Disney4
05-14-2007, 01:53 PM
We start the "ritual" about 45 days out (just a couple of weeks from now!)

- We visit the website

- I'll pop in the planning video

- We watch previous vacation videos
and "make notes"

- I play my Disney CDs in the car. (We love the
Disneyland soundtrack!)

- We shop for fans, suntan lotion, new gym
shoes and Crystal Light, etc...

- Another item I try and do is DVR all the
specials that come on the Travel Channel
or Discovery channel.

As far as I'm concerned, a good portion of the entertainment of a Disney vacation is the buildup in the weeks ahead of time.

After all, how early do you take out your bags and start filling them??? :D

MickeysEars
05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I sometimes feel as though I should join a 12 step program. Hello, my name is Donna, and I am a Disneholic. Every single one of you has mentioned something I do. Except they closed our Rain Forest Cafe. I watch the videos, the planning DVD, go to the Disney Store, plan my Itenerary on the web site (not working right now) and obsess. My husband, that loves Disney as much as I do, is getting sick of listening to me. Our trip is still 4 months away.

Vanlandingham
05-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Since we leave for WDW on Sunday I've been checking things and watching videos more than I usually do. Less than a week to go, I'm pumped!

elmjimmlm
05-16-2007, 09:30 AM
I know that I am bad about this too. We are going for the 3rd year with my brother and his family. We call each other every day about Disney...I have every show that The Travel Channel has about Disney on my DVR...we watch the video in the car when we go anywhere...I look at Disney websites every day...I listen to theme park music on Live365 (yes it is Intercot Radio)...I have the countdown clock on my computer (yes Intercot too)...I also watch Disney stuff on YouTube...I am really glad to know that I am not the only one "obsessed" with my upcoming Disney trip.

Jared
05-16-2007, 09:34 AM
I think most people on these boards obsess. If not, we wouldn't be here posting and discussing Disney issues.

I don't know how people contained their excitement before the Internet.

SpecJoe Magic
05-17-2007, 03:31 AM
I don't know how people contained their excitement before the Internet.

That's a good point. I don't exactly remember, but I think it was mostly Disney music that kept me going until the next trip.

I'm getting really antsy about going back, and our next trip is still 4 months away. I've already been watching old vacation videos, listening to audio, and talking about it with DW (thank goodness she loves it also because I'm sure she would be sick of hearing about it otherwise). Plus, a couple of our friends are on their honeymoon at WDW right now so I catch myself thinking about what they might be doing at various times throughout the day. All of this is in addition to my Intercot visits. It's good to know that I'm not alone in doing all of this. :mickey:

disneymom2000
05-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Constantly checking the calendar, not only on intercot but I have my disney calendar on my wall at work. Since I now have a hardwall office with a door, I have set up my portable DVD player on the top shelf of one of my bookcases and I run the planning DVD for all to see and hear if they want to come into my office. Since it has a remote, I don't even have to get up and choose the menu selections. I AM SOOO SPOILED.:cloud9: