PDA

View Full Version : Who are these guys?

GrmGrninGost
05-12-2007, 11:18 PM
I would love to know who the guys at the front of the Spectromagic parade are. You know, the ones who blow the trumpets and sit and spin and giggle. They are growing on me, but I have no idea what or who they are. HELP!

Mickey91
05-13-2007, 12:38 AM
I don't know. I've been wondering the same thing!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-13-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't know either, and am not one to like clown types...but I love these! Strangely fascinating!

Melanie
05-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Sorry, but I think they are creeeeeepy. I don't think they are meant to be anyone in particular. I'll be happy not knowing. ;)

Altair
05-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Yes they are very creepy. I mentioned this to my wife last time and others around agreed. The CM at the rope turned around and gave us all a dirty look.

Someone here a while back said they were called Spectromen.:mickey:

Mousehead35
05-13-2007, 09:37 AM
That is too funny, in my family they've been officially named the "creepy guys" since the 1st time we saw them.. now every trip we have to make sure we see them.

Mickey91
05-13-2007, 10:22 PM

Do they originate from anywhere other than the Spectromagic parade?

Polynesian Dweller
05-13-2007, 11:37 PM

That seems to be what the are called from the Spectromagic websites that are out there. But they do look kind of creepy to me too. I'm always glad when they've gone by.

Would be interesting if someone out there knows why they were created and why like that.

DisneyorBust
05-14-2007, 08:13 AM
I've always called them 'creepy Chucky dolls'. :thedolls: They remind me of the Chucky doll horror films.
Always creep me out.

Marker
05-14-2007, 08:51 AM
My wife says they're creepy too.

To me, they're just part of the parade, and I love the parade.

SpecJoe Magic
05-16-2007, 02:38 AM
They are exclusive to the Spectro Magic parade and don't originate from anywhere else. As mentioned above, they have been called Spectromen, and they are sometimes called Spectro Wizards if my memory serves me correctly. I'm not sure if those names are official or not. I think I remember reading somewhere that they are providers of magic and light for the parade.

DisneyWhirled
05-16-2007, 12:16 PM
I've always called them 'creepy Chucky dolls'. :thedolls: They remind me of the Chucky doll horror films.
Always creep me out.

Me too!!! LOL!!!

A few years ago, my children were frightened of them...can't say I blame them at all!

*Liz*
05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I worked on the parade for the past 9 months doing costuming so let's see if I can explain our freaky clowns. ;)

The first float that comes out is our "Fanfare float." The taller of the 2 types of clowns are called Fanfare because they're blowing trumpets announcing the parade. ;)

Next come our pods. The round floats that spin with a different type of clown on top. Same face/hair and shorter, but no hats and different costume. They are called Spectromen.

Lastly, is the Logo float. They are 2 Spectromen and 2 Fanfare who sit upon this float. It's the logo float because it features Spectro's logo. ;)

They are all original to the parade. We are in the process of making fanfare and spectromen 'face' characters and getting rid of the heads altogether. Soon they will have wigs and makeup with prostheic chins and noses on. I've heard they were more scary than the actually heads. I just happened to be sick the day they tested them. Darn.

Any more specific questions about the parade, feel free to ask me! :)

poeticeclipse
05-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I remember when I was 9 and I first saw those creepy clowns. I would open and then close my eyes. They just freaked me out. The way they laughed and then spun. And the way they shook their whole head to the music. EEK!

And on the new face ones....is Disney trying to make all children as well as 19 year olds pee their pants?

Belle619
05-16-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm so glad that my sister and I weren't the only ones to think these guys were creepy!

Mickey91
05-17-2007, 11:24 AM
You mean they will look like real clowns?? :cry: :scared: I think they should put the spectromen to rest and bring out real Disney characters.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-17-2007, 11:34 AM
You mean they will look like real clowns?? :cry: :scared: I think they should put the spectromen to rest and bring out real Disney characters.

As strange as it seems, they intrigue me, and I really wish they wouldn't change them!

Mickey91
05-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the new spectromen they could share?