PDA

View Full Version : Spending our first day in Orlando at Universal is Express Plus Pass worth it?

Mom2princesses
05-12-2007, 11:09 PM
We are going in August. We are landing early in the AM around 9. We thought we would spend that day at Universal. Is the extra 40 bucks per person worth it? That would mean a total of 160 dollars for the 4 of us.

Ouch that seems pretty high. Are the lines long? We were there back in 1999 with my older daughter I don't really remember the lines but she was only 2 and took her to mainly see Barney. By the way it was worth it I just sat there and took a video of her watching Barney. She just adored Barney back then and my current younger one does too. Although I know my now 10 year old wants to go on some of the bigger rides now. Anyhow what does everyone suggest?

Thanks!

JRocker
05-13-2007, 09:26 AM
I know in May of last year that money would have been a waste.

But I think August may be a different story. The lines will be that long...and longer. As cheap as I am when it comes to stuff like that....I would probably pay the extra during the busy season.

Rockstar Boyfriends
05-13-2007, 07:52 PM
If you aren't arriving at Universal at the 9 am opening, you might want to consider buying the Express tickets. If you're landing around 9 at the Orlando airport, by the time you get your luggage and rental car, you'll probably be out by 10:30 or 11 am. Crowds tend to pick up at Universal around 11 am.

You can buy the Express tickets ahead of time on Universal Orlando's website.

Mom2princesses
05-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks for your responses! Yes I think I will go ahead and pay the extra money. Funny on the Universal site it is not the most expensive ones but for some reason the 25th is more expensive than the 26th. I guess because it is a Saturday. Guess that is a clue that there will probably be lines.

Thanks for the help!

PetefromRI
05-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Have you thought about staying at a Universal Resort for one night?You get free express passes if your staying on property.

WDWizard
06-01-2007, 09:18 AM
The best thing to do is decide if the express pass is worth it when you get to the parks. If you see that the park is busy and lines are long, you can easily buy an express pass at the many locations they are sold in the park. If you want to save money and are sure you want the pass, buying it online is the way to go.

We got express passes in January for only $15 (during the off-season). It was worth it because the lines for the major attractions were long and we were usually able to get on the same ride more than once using the same pass.