PDA

View Full Version : Family Suites?

DisneyPrincess01
05-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I am not sure if this has been asked and I was just wondering if there are any other value resorts other than the All Star Sport that has family suites available for a family of 6. It is really too expensive to buy two hotel rooms and I am the type of person who is always on a limited budget!

Strmchsr
05-12-2007, 10:05 PM
It's actually All-Star Music that has the family suites, not Sports. No other value has them at the moment. As for expense, because the family suites are not eligible for discounts often you can get 2 rooms as cheaper or cheaper than the family suite.

amy711
05-13-2007, 10:52 AM
When I started planning my vacation, I was going to get a family suite at All Star Music. I went to AAA and my travel agent found out thata it was actually cheaper for me to get 2 connecting rooms. Like Chris said, family suites are not eligible for any discounts because there are so few of them.Also if you get 2 rooms there are 2 televisions, 2 bathrooms, so no waiting for showers.Hope this helps.:mickey:

momef3grls
05-13-2007, 05:08 PM
We are a family of 5 with 3 teenage girls. When we were looking to go back we also priced the family suite vs 2 rooms and it actually came out cheaper for 2 rooms at the all star sports. Like the others said you are not going to get the discounts on the suites like you do the rooms. We looked at the advantage of having 2 bathrooms in the mornings and also when the girls found out they would have to sleep on pull outs we nearly had a mutiny on our hands. Just ask your travel agent to quote you a price on the suite and also the 2 room price and you will see the difference.

Minniemouse27
05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
There are only four of us but we were looking for a fridge so I priced the family suites in ASMu.

It was $500 more to stay at POR than any All Star (after figuring in $100 for a fridge) and $200+ CHEAPER to stay at POR over the ASMu family suite!

So we are staying at POR :D

And bonus, we are requesting AB so I'm looking to get a trundle for my then 2yo to sleep on (so no falling out of the bed!).

CU Tiger
05-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Unless you are set on staying in the area of the “All Star” resorts, you may look into the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. The cabins sleep 6 and have a full kitchen (full size fridg, stove, microwave, etc.). We have stayed here for the past 4 years and feel it is the best value in DW. :thumbsup: :mickey:

TiggerRPh
05-17-2007, 10:55 PM
You also need to note that the sleeping of 5 will be on one Queen bed, a Queen sleeper sofa and a chair that folds out into a twin bed in a 520 sq. ft. suite.

dizne4me
05-18-2007, 07:47 AM
I have to agree with an early poster - the cabins in Ft. Wilderness work for us. We are a family of 6 and although it gets a little crowded at times - we make the best of it. The savings on food is great as you can make all you meals in the cabin (if you want)-plus we also find that we don't buy tickets for our entire stay--the Ft. Wilderness Resort is like a park for us - we take advantage of the pools, paddleboats, canoes, petting farms, bicycling, etc. That in itself is a couple of days..so we save $$ on park tickets as well. My dd and I have stayed at ASMU and were lucky enough to be upgraded to a Suite - while it was very nice to have the extra room (and bathroom and tv) -- you don't have a stove/oven (just the microwave) or the full size refreigerator that you get with the cabins. I like the suites - but for us - we are more comfortable and save more $$ by staying in the cabins.

Frog
05-18-2007, 08:46 AM
POR seemed to be the way to go for our family when I did my research on this not too long ago.
I do wish there were more options for lager families!

dmallan
05-19-2007, 02:18 PM
We too have decided that two connecting rooms will work better for us - besides being cheaper than a family suite.
FYI, though, the family suites have two full bathrooms.