PDA

View Full Version : Delusions of Grandieur! Dizneyfreak's pre-trip Report

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:51 PM
It is finally here... One week to go before I am in the most magical place on Earth... My clothes are all ready... I have my toiletries together... And my dining reservations made.... All that is left to do is get my train ticket, which I am supposed to get today, and packing, which I will do next week, before I leave...

24 hours on a train does not sound like fun to me... But, we didn't want to drive with the rising costs of gas.... We figured out the train would actually be cheaper... I have a portable DVD player, a ton of movies, my iPod and a few books coming with me, which should make the trip go by faster.... Has anyone taken the train? How is it?

My dining consists of Restaurantosaurus, Kona Cafe, Crystal Palace for breakfast and Whispering Canyon Cafe, Fulton's, and Chef Mickey's for dinner. The rest of the time we are just going to wing it... As for accommodations, we are staying May 20 to May 27th at Pop and May 27 to June 2 at Wilderness Lodge...

Yes, I am having delusions of grandeur, cause STAR WARS WEEKENDS is the last weekend we are there.. Nothing like being in WDW and celebrating 30 years of Star Wars all at the same time.... I'll be back with trip reports once I come back from my trip.. Until then... May the force be with you!!!

faline
05-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Have a wonderful time! Sounds like you've planned a relaxed trip!

SBETigg
05-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Someone posted a glowing report on taking the train not long ago. I hope it goes well for you. Good plan, have a wonderful time, and watch out for that dark side.

RedSoxFan
05-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Hope you have a great time.:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
05-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Sherri, I embrace the dark side of the force... Unlike my Jedi brethren who dismiss the dark side.. :)

Thank you all for the warm wishes for a good trip... I just hope the wild fires aren't playing too much havoc with the train ride, as well as the smell of fire in the air while in WDW....

mrsgaribaldi
05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Have a great trip and a safe train ride:thumbsup: I wish I was going:mickey:

ElenitaB
05-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Looking forward to your trip reports, particularly about the train and SWW! May the Force be with you! :darth:

GothMickey
05-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks for not including family on this trip (ME!). See you when you get back cuz.

sleepingbooty
05-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow, two weeks - I'm jealous!!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip, train ride included. Have a great time!

pogo
05-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Your plan looks good...... your ADR's are perfect. :thumbsup:

Have a great time and please include your experience on the train with your trip report. :D

Bethanymouse
05-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Sounds like you are really prepared for that train ride! Have a great trip....cant wait to read about it when you come home!:mickey:

KylesMom
05-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Yes, I am having delusions of grandeur, cause STAR WARS WEEKENDS is the last weekend we are there.. Nothing like being in WDW and celebrating 30 years of Star Wars all at the same time.... I'll be back with trip reports once I come back from my trip.. Until then... May the force be with you!!!

We'll be there the 9th through the 23rd - be sure to post when you return & tell us all about it. Have a great time! :darth: :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
05-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Have a great trip! Maybe we'll bump into you as we're at Pop 5/20-5/26!:mickey:

Caroleh
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Sounds like a great relaxing time!!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip, especially the train trip.

BelleCiavo
05-17-2007, 12:38 PM
I too am interested in hearing about how the train works out. See you there :mickey:
Karen

DizneyFreak2002
05-18-2007, 07:41 PM
One more night... leaving tomorrow morning.... Can't wait.... going to finish packing....

Beach Club Babe, maybe... check your PMs..