Terabithia
holo
ming
kupo
toad
smee
legend

Uh...so what's a holo, ming and kupo?

Interesting maybe they are new staff members?

Tiggerdog
05-12-2007, 11:25 PM

holo! how is it going?

The bell is going to ming.

Can I please have a kupo of coffee?

Silly Dragon, even I know what these worlds are. ;)

LittleDragonErin
05-13-2007, 01:16 AM
holo! how is it going?

The bell is going to ming.

Can I please have a kupo of coffee?

Silly Dragon, even I know what these worlds are. ;)

You know what's hilarious about this? You had the exact same line that Lily gave me when I asked her about "kupo". ROTFL!!! EXACT!

Mr. Tom Morrow
05-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Well I did some research and it seams that

Holo is a language and ethnic identity of Taiwan

The Ming Dynasty lasted for 276 years with 16 emperors occupying the throne.

kupo... well a kupo tea would be nice right now:thumbsup

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Oooooooooo.. is VMK teaching us about world history? :D Maybe they're going to make a new land.. Chinatown! :P

LittleDragonErin
05-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Forgot to mention...since we can say Polly but not cracker, I've got this nasty habit now of saying, "Polly want a Kraken?"

Hee hee!!!

RenDuran
05-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Wasn't there a joke in some movie about a ming vase? That's the only thing that comes to mind when I hear the word ming.

LittleDragonErin
05-14-2007, 01:12 AM
I was asking a few people today in the game about this and the only answer that made any sense or was a viable possibility was there's supposedly a new Disney Channel show coming out called Legend of Kupo? And something similar was said about Ming, but can't remember the exact title.

Anybody watch the Disney channel? Ring any bells now?

HappyBoy
05-14-2007, 02:36 AM
All anyone can say about kupo is that it is a word uttered at the end of a sentence by Moogles, litle flying cats from Final Fantasy. Must be a FF player in charge of the vmk dictionary

Patricia
05-15-2007, 11:10 AM
My son said he has seen new FF games for younger kids being discussed on game sites. One being something to do with with Kupa (hence the Moogles saying) and the other to do with FF birds called Chocobos.

He said it wouldn't surprise him if a kids cartoon was in the works, but he hasn't heard of it.

It is my guess (and a guess only) that the words may have been submitted by players.

bigpapiortiz34
05-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Can't wait to use these new words! Thanks for the update Little!

Slitsilver
05-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Wow I can see why they're adding those words, with all the new updates and so on....:)

HallandNash
06-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Those Kupo saying things were in the Kingdom Hearts game, so they do have a Disney connection.

trackbarroness
06-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Curious words there huh? :D
Oh Patti if I ever title(call) you Patticakes it's because of one of my causins who's title(name) is the same as yours. :D
Sorry if i haven't been online with you all lately, what with work and all.
I'm currently and have been on 6 day work week since at least May. Last week I was sceduled for 66 hours and 45 minutes, and that is tiring let me tell ya. Why did they take ya out of the dictionairy? :confused:

WDWfanatic742
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Disney, were you working on the 9th? I was up there for a short trip and went on Space Mountain alot of times that day and never saw you.

Tinkerbell627
06-14-2007, 12:05 AM
It's a good thing. It was starting to get difficult to communicate without holo, Ming, and kupo.

Thanks VMK!

Ming... Ming Dynasty... China....
World History Advanced Placement Exam.
Make it stop, make it stop!
Ming Dynasty. The dynasty that kicked the Mongols out and restored China to its original Confucian self. Strong, centralized government. Advanced in maritime technology but abruptly stopped after Zheng He's voyages. Cut itself off from world trade. Defeated by the Manchus.

Yeah, I can see why VMK wants Ming in the dictionary.

:eek2:

trackbarroness
06-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Disney, were you working on the 9th? I was up there for a short trip and went on Space Mountain alot of times that day and never saw you.

I sure was in fact I worked from 9:30 to 7:45 that day. :D We seem to keep missing each other huh David? So which side/track is your favorite? Right side/A/Alpha, Or left side B/Omega? :D I was like usual all over the place that day. I don't remember what rotation I was on the most that day, sorry dude. Lol

WDWfanatic742
06-14-2007, 03:59 PM
I went on the ride at least two times while you were working, and the third time was around 7:30 I think. Those first three times we got put on the left side, and the fourth time at around 10:00 we got on the right side. I loved the right side because it felt like it had more drops and was bumpier.

trackbarroness
06-14-2007, 08:00 PM
I think I was mostly on the right side that day or I was Mountain 3. Don't recall exactly.
I never know where I'm going to be assigned until after I get there and have clocked in and gotten assignment. So perhaps an e-mail prior to your next visit will do the trick okay?

WDWfanatic742
06-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Mountain 3? Where exactly is that?

Anyway, yeah I'll be sure to do that because we might be going up there in August for the water parks and maybe a few of the theme parks.

trackbarroness
06-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Mountain 3? Where exactly is that?

Anyway, yeah I'll be sure to do that because we might be going up there in August for the water parks and maybe a few of the theme parks.

That's the position that you basicly go for stuff even wheel chair parties. Their the one who when the mountain goes down opens a certain door to let other CM's in so they can go re-set the ride. Awesome dude can't wait. :thumbsup: