PDA

View Full Version : Mudpuppysmom's semi live report

mudpuppysmom
05-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone!

This is semi live b/c we are not technically AT Disney -- we're in Daytona at the beach today.

So far our trip has been good. We landed on Wednesday morning to smokey/hazy conditions, but I noticed it did not follow us to Disney!! We hit the ground running as usual and dropped our bags at SOG after a trip to Walmart (well, 192 E was under detour and I missed the detour sign, so we did a little detour of our own:secret: ).

Our first park was AK per Jacob's request. First we spotted two DS members for Jacob to trade pins with and then we were off to EE (Jacob's first time -- the DS talked him into going on). He did not like the ride, after a 20 minute wait. Next we THOUGHT about Nemo the musical and it was 2:20 pm and peeps were already lining up for 3:15, so instead we went and added a new member to our family (the dino family that is.....Jacob gets a new dino each trip and this time was no exception....so we now have Bert the Iguanadon). Next we hit Triceratops Spin and then found out Jacob is still not tall enough for Primeval Hurl.....thank you very much! We played one game and Jacob was upset he did not win, but oh well, we pressed on.

We went on the Maharajah Trek then over to the Safari==70 minute wait!!! No fast passes to be had, I caved and we got in line.....I felt like such a first timer at this point -- not having a FP! Well, we waited about 40 minutes and saw not many animals. Pangani Forest then we headed for "lunch"; Tusker HOuse was closed, so I was sad since they are turning buffet :( . So we trudged through and stopped a few places. Jacob played in the "band" in Harambe then we walked several of the trails. On the way out I checked on Rainforest Cafe and the wait was not bad at 6:30 pm, so we waited. I wished I had not waited though! Supposedly they made my meal gluten free, well at 1:30 am I found out they had not and woke up with crippling stomach cramps :mad: . But I was ok Thursday morning.

We got back to the resort and tried to go swimming, but it started to sprinkle.....then downpour....so we called it a night and I watched LOST and fell asleep before it was over.....I HAD been up since 3:30 am after all.....

Thursday we did AK once again and caught everything we missed Wednesday, including Tusker House :thumbsup: . I'm really going to be sad to see this place turned into a buffet :( , but I guess progress is a good thing. We did see Yak & Yeti progress, so hopefully that will be a good place, even though it is not TS. We left AK around 2:30 and I ran back to the hotel b/c I had forgotten Ladyvader's phone number and we were to meet up after she was done working. We hit MGM at roughly 3:30 and on the tram on the way in I remembered I had forgotten the AP's in the car :mad: . So Jacob was mad at me for that......we walked into MGM at 4:10 pm and did Muppets, walked around a bit, saw the Power Rangers and then sat on a bench for a bit to wait for Lisa. We hooked up with her and again rode Muppets than GMR. At that point Lisa needed to get home to her family and do some grocery shopping so we parted ways, after meeting up with a DS member for a second time since getting to MGM -- Lisa knew Leigh, so we all chatted for a few minutes. Jacob then decided he wanted to see if he was tall enough for RnR (I knew he wasn't, but that's OK -- he needs to see). We got waylaid and got choc. covered marshmallows with m&m's on them and I got a brownie and we sat on a bench --THEN I thought we should eat something! We dined at ABC Comissary and it was OK, nothing special. MGM really needs to get some decent CS places if you ask me! We ran into Leigh again after dinner and she asked if we were stalking her! I asked her if SHE was stalking US and we laughed. Jacob traded pins some more with Leigh and she gave him "Pin Trader of the Day", which made Uncle WIllie jealous :D . After that we pretty much kicked around in the shops until about 8:30 then we headed for the airport to pick Daddy up! Got back to SOG and walked around a bit....then to bed.

Yesterday we went to Epcot and it was HOT!! Jacob did the pirate cruise at the Y&BC while DH and I moved the car to Epcot then grabbed a snack at the Boardwalk Bakery. Picked the kid up then to Epcot......I'm short on time, so more later, but we're at the beach today, then back to the parks later.....that was a miscommunication as we were supposed to go back tomorrow, not today, so we have to find a place to stay tonight.......

More after we get back as we will not have internet access after today!

SBETigg
05-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow, great report! Sorry about the meal mix-up. I feel for Jacob. He so wants to go on those big rides, doesn't he? Maybe next time, Jacob. But what a fun time! I love AK.

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

faline
05-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Sounds like you're having fun! Thanks for taking time out of your trip to share with us!

pdrlkr
05-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ElenitaB
05-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Sounds like you're having a great time... hope you worked out where to stay for the night. I'd hate to have that happen on vacation. Looking forward for more reports when you get hooked up to the internet again!

Bethanymouse
05-14-2007, 07:09 AM
It sounds like you are having a great time! You have already seen so much! Glad to hear your DS is enjoying the pin trading! Thanks for the semi-live report!:mickey:

sleepingbooty
05-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I always love the live (even semi!) trip reports - I hope you found a place to stay last night!

pogo
05-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Great report. :thumbsup:

Next time try Back Lot Express at MGM for a great CS meal. :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing. :D

January-2007
05-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
05-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks for sharing.