PDA

View Full Version : Walking between Epcot and DS

disneydaisy
05-12-2007, 10:29 AM
I think I read somewhere that you can walk between Epcot and Disney Studios. Is this true? If so how do you get there? Is there a sidewalk? and how long does it take to get there?:mickey:

SBETigg
05-12-2007, 10:42 AM
There is a walkway from the Boardwalk to the Studios. I believe it follows close to the waterway. Walking at a normal pace, it takes about a half hour from what I've read. I've never done it.

BronxTigger
05-12-2007, 10:44 AM
There is a walkway between Epcot and MGM/DS.

The walk takes around 20-30 minutes. The walk is paved/boardwalk, and the walk is along a waterway.

To walk along the path, you need to leave Epcot at the International Gateway located between UK and France. Walk along the waterway, heading towards ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. (You can catch the boat to MGM just outside the Int'l Gateway as an alternative; it can be quite slow however.) Continue walking along the Boardwalk Resort until you get to the Jellyrolls building. Take a left there, and there is a small sign for MGM. At this point, you need to be a bit careful because there are a few paths; one is a service entry for the hotel. The path continues along the side of the water and it goes past the pool at BW.

Tip: carry some water with you; there's not a lot of shade. You can get a cup of ice water for free at any CS place.

kakn7294
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
:ditto: what BronxTigger said! We've done it before and it takes about 20 - 30 min depending on your pace. When you exit from the International Gateway you will pass through a courtyard then the path narrows. A short distance down, you will have the option of going straight or turning left. You want to make that left and head towards the Boardwalk Inn. Stay along the water and you will eventually end up at the entrance to MGM. Interesting fact - the pathway and canal actually have a waterbridge. This is a bridge that is actually filled with water and goes over a roadway to allow boats to pass. It's located just past the Friendship Launch dock where the path narrows from the courtyard.

Maleficent's Dad
05-12-2007, 10:23 PM
If you head towards the ESPN Club after leaving EPCOT, head "to and through" the main pool at the BWV (the pool with the 'clown slide') and you will save yourself 5-10 minutes.

Even with this shortcut, from park to park, it's still about 20 minutes - not a short walk, especially if you're doing so in the heat of summer!!!:thedolls:

Marilyn Michetti
05-12-2007, 11:56 PM
The Friendship Boats are a little slow, but don't your feet hurt, and isn't it hot out?:blush: