PDA

View Full Version : Crowds during Free Dining

i'm grumpy
05-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Are the parks more crowded during this time? Thanks.

JPL
05-12-2007, 01:19 AM
The parks are a little more crowded than norrmal for that time of year. The really big problem is the restaurants are over booked for this time.

alpro2
05-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Remember, free dining takes place during Value Season, which means attendance is generally low. People generallly will not take their kids out of school for free dining.

i'm grumpy
05-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks. We usually eat junk food and go like crazy. :blush: This sounds great. :thumbsup:

Nicki'sMom
05-12-2007, 11:39 AM
We went last Sept 28-Oct 4 and had the free dining and we had no crowds. We waited for Rockin Rollar Coaster for about 20 minutes but literally everything else we had less than a 5 minute wait. We walked onto everything. We had all our ADR's made well in advance and didn't wait anywhere except Crystal Palace. Other than that...wonderful! My daughter is 3 yrs now but you can bet I will NEVER go during the summer. I will pull her out of school.

tinksmom02
05-12-2007, 04:36 PM
My daughter is 3 yrs now but you can bet I will NEVER go during the summer. I will pull her out of school.

I feel the same way. I'm actually pulling Jenna out of kindergarten after only three weeks :blush: and the only reason we are going is because of free dining.

I feel kind of bad reading all the posts about birthdays in the world, but Jenna's an August baby and there is no way in you-know-where I'll go to WDW during August!

MaryPoppinsFan
05-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm so excited I just found out my kids have 3 days off in September becuase of a teachers convention, so the first thing I did was email Magical Journeys! We are arriving 9/21 for 5 nights so we can take advantage of the free dining and hopefully smaller crowds. :mickey: It worked out perfectly. This is going to be so much fun :party:

SimbaandNalasMama
05-13-2007, 01:15 PM
What is the 'free dining' and how can i find out more? nothing is 'free' with Disney, so i am intrigued!!

Nicki'sMom
05-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Disney is offering the free dining plan for travel between 8/22 to 10/1 or something like that and it is VERY real. We did it last year and we ate well and saved a ton of money in the process. And the BEST part about it is that character dining is included in the plan:cloud9: ,so we LOVE it...my 3 year old has a ball. Can wait for our trip! Call soon because rooms were limited for the free dining.

SBETigg
05-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Disney is offering the free dining plan for travel between 8/22 to 10/1 or something like that and it is VERY real.

The free dining is available from August 26 to Sept 22.

snifflesmcg
05-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Last year I noticed a major surge in ADR. Restaurants were completely booked and I called and called to move things around. I never made it to the Spirit of Aloha that I wanted to go to. This year the same dinner show was almost completely booked.....again. They had just enough room for my small party of 2 in a Cat 3 seating.

SimbaandNalasMama
05-14-2007, 09:32 AM
The free dining is available from August 26 to Sept 22.

this is, of course, ends right before i arrive.

oh well!

how does it work? do you have to do the dining plan, or do you just walk up to a restaurant, eat and not pay? (i am sure its not THAT simple :D )

SimbaandNalasMama
05-14-2007, 09:37 AM
ok, nevermind, i found my answers...right here on intercot, of course :):cool: