PDA

View Full Version : Experiences at home that make you feel like you're in WDW

January-2007
05-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Do you ever have experiences at home that make you feel like you are in Walt Disney World? DH and I just did! We heard a "pop.. pop..." and looked out the window. Low and behold, there are fireworks going off. We are pretty sure it's from the local minor league baseball stadium that's just a couple of miles away. We saw the fireworks show through the trees outside of our window in our apartment and it was just like when we were at Pop Century on our Honeymoon and we would go outside to the balcony to watch Illuminations. All that was missing was Spaceship Earth! What a fun moment! Do you ever have moments like this, where you can really connect what's going on at home with something you've experienced in Walt Disney World? Please share! :mickey:

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Okay, this is a little weird but at Walmart, they have these little advertising TVs everywhere. There is a certain voice on one that reminds me of some of the instructional videos at some of the rides at WDW. Makes me think the "doors will open toward me on the left and I can take a seat all the way down to the end of the aisle!" Then I get in my car and the Soarin theme will come on and I'm on:cloud9: !

scootch713
05-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Everytime my girls eat cinnamon rolls they called them Cinderella rolls after the rolls at the epcot princess breakfast. We love having cinderella rolls!!

Flower
05-15-2007, 08:53 AM
On Friday we were at the Toronto Zoo - there is a Beaver Tail booth there!!!!! All I could think about was EPCOT. It was not open as it is still too early in the season, but, WE HAVE ZOO ANNUAL PASSES, so I will be back and WILL be getting a Beaver Tail really soon!!!

Figment78
05-15-2007, 02:17 PM
For me it is the airport! Until I was 24 years old, I had only ever flown to WDW/Orlando. And our airport (Pittsburgh International), also has one of those tram/monorail/subway things that takes you from one part to another, which always reminds me of WDW too.

Also, when I am listening to movie soundtracks (particularly Indiana Jones or something like that) at work in the morning and it's really sunny outside, I always feel like I should be walking around MGM!

baby minnie's mommy
05-15-2007, 02:47 PM
When I smell popcorn and ice cream/dessert at the same time, it reminds me of walking through MK!

grumpycajun
05-15-2007, 03:24 PM
A few weeks ago I found a website where you can play the music from some of the attractions. I made a game of it with the kids. I'd play a song and they'd have to guess where it was from. I think it kind of got to us. That's why we just made our reservations for July!:party:

HndrdPrcnt
05-15-2007, 03:48 PM
This happens quite often for me. Every time my daughters run up to me and ask me for money and then I pull out my wallet and its already empty. That reminds me of my Disney trips!!!!

Beast_fanatic
05-15-2007, 10:51 PM
At lunch today, I was walking around the sidewalks at work and I went down a pathway that I had never been down before. It had a lot of foliage on both sides and I suddenly was in the Animal Kingdom! A few seconds later, "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" started playing on my MP3 player too! It put a big smile on my face. :D

T-Belle
05-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Everytime I smell chlorine it reminds me of walking into the lobby of the Poly!

MissStyles
05-16-2007, 11:30 AM
My office building's lobby smells like the lobby of the Poly! There are big green tropical plants too. I LOVE it :D !

ibrowse17
05-16-2007, 11:40 AM
When I sit on my front porch, or walk down my street and wave to and back at my neighbors, it does remind me of being at Ft. Wilderness. We enjoy walking our loop, or riding a cart through the other loops and greeting other campers. It is the same feeling at home:thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
05-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Everytime I go someplace with large automatic doors I think of the big doors at Pop. Last year we began singing the Star Wars theme song everytime we went through the doors at Pop. Now, even when i'm at Wal-Mart and go through the doors I think of the Star Wars theme song which makes me think of Pop!:cloud9:

TIdoubleGR
05-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Probably a little odd, but when Michigan finally starts warming up and you can smell everything blooming, it reminds me of being in WDW. :cloud9: