PDA

View Full Version : ADR's for a party of 4 or 6

Shoebee99
05-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I've been trying to talk my parents into joining us on our Dec vacation. We are driving they would fly and meet us there (smart). I can put the deposit on their trip now and have until the 46 day mark to cancel - not an issue. What I am asking is that we are attending the MVMCP, they wouldn't be, but would be eating with us prior to that. Should I (can I) change the ADR to 6 now (I've already made the ADR for the 4 of us at LTT) and when I hit the 180 day mark make the additional ADRs for 6 and downsize if they decide not to go? How would this effect things? would I need to cancel them at that point and make all new ones? Help. I really don't want to push them for an answer now - December is a ways off.
Thanks for any advice!!:confused:

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I would definitely change the one ressie to 6 people and then make the others for 6 also. The restaurants fill up fast. Adding two people will probably not be an option later.:mickey: Good luck! Have fun!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-11-2007, 10:52 PM
I agree, make the ADR's for more rather than less people. It's easier to downside than to try to find more room later.

vamaggie
05-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I would also change the LTT from 4 to 6 now. I assume that they will be in the park with you that day. Depending on when the ADR is, they may not be allowed into the park if they do not have MVMCP tkts.

FriendsofMickey
05-12-2007, 01:01 PM
I would question the Disney representative as to how this would work. I was under the impression last year that you would have to cancel regardless of upgrading/downgrading and then re-book. I am not sure how easy it would be to get the time slot.
I would just be safe and ask.
I know your situation, because my In laws did the same thing with us last year. They said it was too far out to plan. They did not end up going. I decided that after the ressies were made for four. If they were to decide to go with us, we would try to re-book everything for 6. Anything we would not have been able to book for 6, we would leave at 4 and they would eat somewhere else for that day.
Good Luck!
Lori Ann

Shoebee99
05-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Ok - so I'm somewhat going to answer my own question. I called Disney today and this is what I was told:
It is easier to down size rather that up size so I should make my ADR's for 6 rather than 4. Most places would leave us where we were rather than canceling the ressi and making a new one - It would depend on the restaurant and their seat configuration.

Our ADR for MVMCP at LTT was for a table that would seat 3 or 4 so that would not work. They are leaving the earlier blocks open for now for people without MVMCP tickets who must leave the park at closing. They only had one seating for 6 open which was rather late (7:45 or later I think) so we would need to use 2 tables (4 & 2 each) to have it booked now at an earlier time, but since my parents are not going to MVMCP they suggested calling back at the 180 day mark and getting a much earlier ADR that would accommodate all of us.

As for the rest of my ADR's that I would make at the 180 day mark they suggested going with the count of 6 then if I were still not certain.

Thank you for your help and suggestions.