PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Pleasure Island Shops?

nadisnut
05-11-2007, 07:29 PM
:confused: :confused:
I was reading the Birnbaum Guide and it mentioned that all the Pleasure Island Shops were closed and that there would be BIG CHANGES going on...does anyone know what kind of changes and when it will be completed? We are going May 2008 and Pleasure Island is one of our favorites!

Harriet
05-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Since they made PI an open gate policy this has downgraded badly. Lot of un-welcome going on's and last year I was very disappointed what has happen here. They have ruin this nighclub area totally. They need to re-think what they have done.:mad:

Polynesian Dweller
05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I can understand what Harriet is saying. Its now an open area that anyone can walk through so the party in the streets kind of atmosphere has been removed. You still need to be 21+ to go into the clubs.

However, I like the change. Now we can walk through and check out the shops without needing a ticket to the area. If we decide we want to go to a club we can then buy a single club pass (or all clubs if we want). So there are positives to this as well. Probably will increase business at the shops and perhaps the clubs as well.

Ray C.
05-17-2007, 12:34 AM
...Its now an open area that anyone can walk through so the party in the streets kind of atmosphere has been removed. You still need to be 21+ to go into the clubs.

However, I like the change. Now we can walk through and check out the shops without needing a ticket to the area...

This is true, but not on Friday or Saturday nights after 11PM. At that time, security stands at all the entrances to PI and blocks access to anyone under 21. And you must have an ID to prove it. They don't care if you just want to pass through, if you're under 21, you just can't get in on Friday or Saturday nights... their biggest nights with the most outside entertainment. I guess they realized how much money they were losing by opening it up to everybody, so now they are restricting access again.

Polynesian Dweller
05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
This is true, but not on Friday or Saturday nights after 11PM. At that time, security stands at all the entrances to PI and blocks access to anyone under 21. And you must have an ID to prove it.
Interesting to know. Never been there on those nights (don't fit our trip schedules). Thanks for the info. :mickey:

Dorito2000
05-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Once the Marketplace closes, there is no longer a reason to pass through PI, so to keep the kids out, they have Security at the bridges, since you have to be 21+ to get into the dance clubs.

iceicebritney
06-05-2007, 10:27 PM
i agree with HARRIET - PI has completely changed since they opened the island up.

no kids should be allowed there at any time. why would u bring ur children to venues that serve alcohol where adults are getting rowdy??

all the night clubs have changed so much. the adventurers club is no where near as funny and rawnchy as it used to be, the comedy wharehouse has become a complete waist of time, and maniquins has turned into a copy cat of motion which both look like underage clubs.

PI was supposed to be for adults. where are we supposed to go to let loose at the end of the day?

and dont get me started on the shops. they have destroyed all of them!