PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas for New Attractions at Animal Kingdom

DakotaDisney
05-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Anyone have any ideas for new attractions at Animal Kingdom that you would like to see?

Use your imagination!

I would like to see something about a northern continent with snow, penquins, polar bears etc. and a ride to go with it. I know there is Sea World nearby, but Disney's would be different. Not necessarily about sea life.:mickey:

tplmarc
05-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Go Listen to Inside the Magic there is an epsiode about the future of disney and Mark Pierce decribes a cool ride in the new land beastly kingdom called malificents revenge: Dragons roam behind these gates. He went into great detail about it really cool. I think it is around episode 104-106 one of those should have it

TKSax
05-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I would defintaly replace Micky-minie land with beastly kindgdom, that is the only thing they are missing, the problem with the dragon ride mentioned in the post above is there is something simular at Universal Island of Adventure. I would defintaly like to see another FP ride, maybe another Indoor Roller Coaster that is escaping from a Dragon attack.

Pirate Granny
05-11-2007, 08:28 PM
I thought that originally they had planned a 'fantasy' land...one with dragons, unicorns, and other make-believe animals...actually the boat ride that went around the river (now a meet and great area for characters) referenced that 'fantasy' was the last land that AK was going to develop...perhaps it's still on the drawing board...especially since they do need a few more rides there...Although...AK is my favorite park...and I love EVEREST...just think of the fun they can have developing a total fantasy land...they could even do a Narnia thing...time will tell... :pirate:

CaptSmee
05-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Actually, the Dueling Dragon's rollercoaster at Island of Adventure claims to have been for Animal Kingdom, but Dinsey thought the ride too extreme for their tastes.

I love the idea of Beatly Kingdom and think the imagineers could come up with some incredible attractions for a land themed as such. Here's hoping someday it become reality!

dumbo ears
05-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I think animal kingdom could at a new rollercoaster. a fast one that isn't indoors. It winds it's way through the jungle area and the Savannah.

Scar
05-12-2007, 03:17 PM
I would like to see something about a northern continent with snow, penquins, polar bears etc. ...Unfortunately, Polar Bears and Penguins live on opposite sides of the Earth.

(Although I suppose that’s fortunate for the Penguins. ;) )

MickeyandTink
05-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I would love to see a Central / South America land with rainforest and exotic animals. An Amazon jungle cruise with interactions with ancient Mayan, Incan, etc. civilizations.

Inkdrainer
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM
I didn't know that about Dueling Dragons....interesting!

The idea of mythological animals sounds really cool; I guess what Beastly Kingdom would be. I do think Animal Kingdom could use about 2 more rides, but I guess it's still considerably a new park, even though it's been open for about 8 years.

I like the polar bears idea, even though it is slightly out of place! That would be neat, especially if it had some really great narration.

DakotaDisney
05-30-2007, 06:51 PM
My mistake. I know that polar bears and penquins live on different parts of the planet. And yes a cold climate area would be different from the rest, but what about Blizzard Beach?

Just in thinking about what other types of animals and continents they could explore the only thing that first comes to mind would be those in colder climates. I think there could be some fun ideas there. Any other ideas for animals, shows and rides?

As far as the fantasy part with dragons, etc. That could be a lot fun, but I think I would prefer AK to stay with real animals (alive & extinct) and real locations and disney animal characters. Fantasyland at MK is more for fantasy & dragons. I know the Yeti isn't real, but Mt. Everst is and the storyline and set up is real and realistic.

Belle619
05-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Just in thinking about what other types of animals and continents they could explore the only thing that first comes to mind would be those in colder climates.

I agree with DakotaDisney's idea of a cold climate area. This would be a great opportunity for Disney to educate guests on the issues affecting the animals in both the artic and antartica regions - like the fact that polar bears are almost an endangered species.

RAIDER
05-31-2007, 12:24 PM
I would love to see a cable car above the wildlife
just like in Busch Gardens ...Its so relaxing :thumbsup:

pink
05-31-2007, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE][I thought that originally they had planned a 'fantasy' land...one with dragons, unicorns, and other make-believe animals.../QUOTE]

I agree with you, I think more rides that are surrounded around mythical creatures would be a great addition to AK. They could do something with the locness monster, dragons, etc. :mickey:

mermaidmarian
05-31-2007, 01:53 PM
I still hope that Beastly Kingdom will someday come to be.

I am wondering if today's announcement regarding Universal's acquisition of the Harry Potter Theme Park means anything with respect to future WDW development. It was widely rumored that Disney was in talks to acquire Harry Potter; perhaps their own Narnia franchise, about which there is much hopeful speculation in terms of film success, cooled their interest in Harry Potter. I can see the potential for a Narnia based attraction or land at Animal Kingdom, possibly incorporating many of the original Beastly Kingdom elements.