PDA

View Full Version : Disney Outlet Stores or Bargains?

disneyfan328
05-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Ok all you Bargain hunters out there, I have heard and read some things about there being Bargain discount disney outlets or stores? Does anyone know about these? The names, or where they are located. I love everything Disney but like many am on a budget. I would love to be able to seek out some really good bargains while we are there in September.

Oh how I love to Shop!!!

:cart:

eeyoremom
05-12-2007, 06:59 PM
There is a disney outlet store in the prime outlets of orlando. The mall is on the end of international drive. Not too far from disney, but can be confusing to get to. We've have found many bargains there, but also have had years finding very little. Often there are items left from the previous year. Look at prime outlets online, orlando. The mall has a good website, with maps, both getting to the mall and maps of the mall. Happy shopping

DisnIse
05-12-2007, 07:07 PM
I always go to the Outlet before buying ANY souveniers at the parks. To get there, you basically exit DTD heading toward the DTD Resorts (Hilton, Days Inn, I forget...). Head for the Crossroads shopping area, but turn right onto 535. Go under I-4 and turn left on (I think) Little Lake Bryan Road. It's where the Bahama Breeze restaurant is.
You go down less than a mile, and you're there. It's awesome.

I've bought guys' polos there at about 50% off; t-shirts/polos for me; lots of kids' clothes and jammies. It's hit-or-miss with merchandise, but I don't think I've ever left empty handed.

They tend to have event shirts a few months later. I bought some running gear a few years back that was from one of the marathons, but when you're out running, who cares what your shirt says, you know?

I'd give it a try. There is a shoe outlet store that sells Stride Rite at a big discount, too, if you're interested!

The site (is this Intercot-illegal?) is www.premiumoutlets.com, in case you want to see specific stores.

T-Belle
05-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I "Mapquested" the outlets for my last visit. This was the first time I had ever been. Our WDW vacations are usually family vactions and my DH and DS"s would not want to go shopping but it was a different story when our last visit was just my DD and myself. Anyway, we saved a ton of money on souveniers. Sitting here now I can only recall the details of one item. A pack of 12 notecards with envelopes, they had a picture of the castle on them for only $1.00!! How can you beat that? If you love a bargain, you'll love the stores.

AdventurerKim
05-15-2007, 12:00 PM
The outlet stores have been hit or miss for me. We mainly go to the one in the Premium Outlet mall. If you don't mind "outdated" merchadise and can find your size in clothes, you can get a lot of bargains. The name of the store has the word "character" in it, but I'm not sure the exact name. We've been to the one in Beltz Outlet Mall, but I'm not sure if the store there is still open. My favorite bargain has been a CBR t-shirt for $5!!! :mickey:

MsMin
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
I love the Character Premiere shop at the Prime Outlet mall. It can be hit or miss but I rarely leave without anything. I've purchased scrapbooks, fridge magnets for 99cents, playing cards from ToT for 99cents. I got a cute Mickey poncho for my pup for $5. It is the closeouts but can be fun and great for items for friends when you want to bring back a little something but don't want to spend a "mint"

January-2007
05-15-2007, 02:38 PM
This is just the information I was looking for. We'll be in Walt Disney World in less than two weeks :cloud9: and are interested in checking out one of the Disney outlet stores. I've heard of people getting some great theme park merchandise there. So this is the good one, at the Prime Outlets? I'm so cheap, I love a good deal. For those who have been, what was your favorite purchase/ best deal/ etc? I love me some magnets! :mickey:

CU Tiger
05-15-2007, 08:31 PM
I am considered cheap (I like to say frugal :blush: ) in my group of friends, so I do like a good deal. When it comes to getting the quick souvenirs for the kids, I defiantly like these outlet stores. But, when buying shirts or something you want to hold onto for a while, make sure you look at the quality. Some of the shirts and such at these outlet stores are not the quality you get from the Disney stores. I would rather pay an extra $10 to $15 more for something that will last. I give DW credit for putting out good quality items. :mickey:

McGoofy
05-16-2007, 04:24 AM
We always stop at Prime Outlets in St. Augustine, FL as we drive I-95 to get to Orlando. The best bargain that we ever got there was a Pal Mickey for $13. Unbelieveable. We drove home from Disney this past Saturday and stopped on our way home. They had quite a selection of t-shirts that were from the parks that were marked down to $3.99. These are the actual shirts that were originally in the parks, so it is definitely good Disney quality. They even had leftover t-shirts from Disney's Not So Scary Halloween party and Mickey's Christmas Party. It can be hit or miss as a previous poster said, but I always manage to find something!!:mickey:

tealady
09-07-2007, 08:13 PM
We will be staying at the All Star Movie resort. How exactly fo you get to this outlet mall from there "for dummies".

Thanks

:mickey:

wdw_bound
09-07-2007, 09:57 PM
We always stop at Prime Outlets in St. Augustine, FL as we drive I-95 to get to Orlando.

I second this. We stopped on our way home last year and got some great stuff! Some of it was stuff we had seen in the parks the previuos week. I'm thinking about stopping on our way in this next trip.

In Orlando, we've been to a couple. One was REALLY dodgy, but there are also two pretty good ones. I think the one at the Premium Outlets (not the I-drive outlets) is the better of the two.