PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Seas Aqua Tour

Simply Mary
05-11-2007, 11:52 AM
We will be at Disney World in late October and I just wondered if anyone had done the Epcot Seas Aqua Tour and if it was fun? My grandson is eight years old, loves the water and fish. Would this be something that we would want to do?

quinn
05-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I have done the Seas Aqua Tour and found it to be worth the money. I just wish I could have spent more time in the tank.

The only problem I had was getting used to breathing with the oxygen tank. By the time I got comfortable with the oxygen tank my time was over. I tend to be a nervous type though so I think if you are a more calm and go with the follow type you probably wouldn't have much trouble with the oxygen.

There were a few kids on the tour and they did better than I did in the aquarium.

Do a search On the Internet as I know there are other disney sites with in depth reviews from people that were on this Tour.

drosenbe
05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
My wife and Daughter did the aqua seas tour and it was great. I do believe that there is an age restriction of 16. My daughter was only 15, but got away with it. One other girl was there with her family and the girl started freaking out, even before we got near the tank. The disney people were so reassuring, and supportive that she eventually got all the way in, and enjoyed it.

Pirate Granny
05-15-2007, 09:06 PM
I went last year...not sure why as I'm very nervous around fish (although I can swim very well)...there was a family with two children under the age of ten in our tour...that was my problem...the children were told by the instructor that they had to each stay with a parent ...but NOOOOO...they swam away and the instructor spent most of his time trailing after the two boys...I was a bit afraid to swim too far as I realized I was by myself and if I ran into trouble the 'instructor' was otherwise occupied...The parents of course swan together and didn't give their boys a second thought...there were only the five of us...The water is cold, the individual picture was a great keepsake...and the sea turtle was very friendly and kept buzzing me...I never knew that turtle had long pointy tongues...especially surprizing only a foot away...

Your grandson will LOVE this...just be considerate of the other guests and swim with him... :pirate: